T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 18!! Welcome!!

Replies

• Went to the gym tonight - on the treadmill. Feel like I have been starving myself on 1200 calories so went over the last couple days (BMR = 1500). Hopefully that will help me lose not gain this week!

Indianagranny – good luck with the walking. I enjoy it so much. It’s great that you are doing it for your friend. He will come to appreciate it in time.

Li4g – I didn't have a chance to say :Wonderful job on the computer cake. That takes so much time!

Sheila – glad you stuck to your guns! Hope you can get to the Dr. soon.

Cyndeebee – I love your positive attitude! Keep it up.

Adopt4 – hurray for your good news! Thanks for sharing info on laxatives – I didn’t know that either.

Anita – the celebrating will be over soon but it’s part of life as we get healthy over the long term. Can’t stay home and avoid parties, don’t sweat it.

Stillkristi – I have missed my workouts for 4 days. I know the sluggish feeling. Tonight I was able to go to the gym – no great speed records but felt good to move!

Have a great Monday! :flowerforyou:
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Still recovering from my weekend. I definitely overdid it on Saturday, slept too long on Sunday. Yesterday is a bit of a blur. I know we had a GOOD supper (which is why I went over in calories), but I mostly remember the pain...
    And even though I woke up in "not bad" shape today, the pain is, again, steadily growing.
    I HATE DAYS LIKE THIS!!!

So today I'm going to veg, try to stay under my calorie limit, maybe do a bit of painting, while sitting on the couch.
    Happy Monday...:grumble:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Morning Team,

I went over to my mothers side of the house so I can check in... My Dr. appt is for tomorrow at 4m so I can pick hubby up from work and then head to the dr.'s..

I went out to check on the pool and it was crystal clear!!! yippie!!! ya ya ya I am so excited its finally clear..all our hard work has paid off!!!!

cyndee - Today is Monday so lets just start fresh...

Healthymom - Glad to see that you got back to the gym..sometimes we need time to ourselves.. but we have to keep moving if we want to reach our goal... I also need to get to the gym...because of driving everyone everywhere I have had very little time to do anything!!!!

Kristi - sorry you work retreat went bad...good luck on you weigh in.. I know you can do it...You have done awsome so far!!!!

Jamie - I havent see you in a few days hope everything is okay... I miss you..

adopt4 - Thanks for the info.. i am going to ask the Dr. tomorrow when I go cuz it is getting bad..it is keeping me off balance but i dont want my hubby to worry about me while he is away at work..because since I fell last weekend he doesnt want me to do anything!!! I keep telling him i am fine but the numbness is lasting longer and longer each time..The bad part is, it is my right leg and i need that leg to drive... i just have to pull over when it happens

Everyone else.. Hello and hope all is well Have a GREAT MONDAY...

I am going to the gym at 2:30 and I am going to do the elliptical for my hour I just hope my leg allows me to do so!!! then i am going to change and go into the arizona room then the pool and i will do my water areobics at 4:30 for an hour..so i will be done around 6.. then home to eat dinner...

if you dont hear from me tonight dont worry i will check in as soon as I can... Take care all

sheila
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Good Morning everyone..

I over slept this morning.. I'll have to exercise tonight. Something light.. A walk maybe. Healthymom, I always enjoy reading what you right.. I love the motivation.. I have 4 more weekends of stuff to do and I'm exhausted.. Its not as easy when your in your 20's and 30's ... I'm still feeling like crud... Oh well...

So I think my coffee pot hates me.. I got up at 4:30 to make my husband's lunch and coffee. Went tinkle came back into the kitchen and it (coffee) was everywhere but in the pot.. Except for the grinds.. Got it cleaned out started another pot and was making lunch then I look over and yup same thing.. All over.. I do it all over again and it did it a 3rd time.. I'm like whatever he can chew it... Coffee pot liners keep folding over.. I think we got a bad batch.. SO no coffee for me this morning.. I don't do grinds "puke"....

Have a great Monday all...
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    For most this is a repeat post but I wanted to repeat it for some who maybe didn't catch it before. If you have given me names and thought of more just post them. Thank you for letting me post this again

This is something that has been on my mind for a few days now - so I am going to say it. As most of you know, I told you that my friend has cancer and is not dealing with it well - well I found out another one of my close friend's wife has lung cancer. My mom past 16 years ago of bone cancer and a best friend of mine died of lung cancer. So I have to decided to walk one of the local counties Relay for Life Walk - you walk from 3pm to 6am to raise money for cure for cancer. You all have been so helpful and kind to me - this thread is the biggest reason I am succeeding in my lifestyle change - and I mean that. I have fallen so many times and I firmly believe without everyone of you all I would have not gotten back up a lonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg time ago. To say thank you to you all, if you would like to post or send me a message of a name of a love one, family member or friend who has any type of cancer or past on of cancer, I would like to make a list and carry it in my pocket and in my heart the day I walk. I will walk in memory or for a cure to be found for every name you send me. This would truly be an honor to me and just a small small way of saying thank you for everything you have done for me. This includes everyone who post or has posted in this thread - whether it be one time posting or you have been here the whole 17 weeks. Thank you very very much

Indianagrammy - I missed this before. I think it is amazing that you are offering to carry our loved ones names. THANK YOU!

My grandmother....Marilyn Robertson.
  • jamielbeck
    I noticed on the last thread while I was away Lulu mentioned Stand Up 2 Cancer. If you haven't already checked out the organization I agree with Lulu, check it out! I have a shirt that say In Memory of. There are some that say survivor or in the fight.
  • jamielbeck
    Good Morning Team,

I went over to my mothers side of the house so I can check in... My Dr. appt is for tomorrow at 4m so I can pick hubby up from work and then head to the dr.'s..

I went out to check on the pool and it was crystal clear!!! yippie!!! ya ya ya I am so excited its finally clear..all our hard work has paid off!!!!

cyndee - Today is Monday so lets just start fresh...

Healthymom - Glad to see that you got back to the gym..sometimes we need time to ourselves.. but we have to keep moving if we want to reach our goal... I also need to get to the gym...because of driving everyone everywhere I have had very little time to do anything!!!!

Kristi - sorry you work retreat went bad...good luck on you weigh in.. I know you can do it...You have done awsome so far!!!!

Jamie - I havent see you in a few days hope everything is okay... I miss you..

adopt4 - Thanks for the info.. i am going to ask the Dr. tomorrow when I go cuz it is getting bad..it is keeping me off balance but i dont want my hubby to worry about me while he is away at work..because since I fell last weekend he doesnt want me to do anything!!! I keep telling him i am fine but the numbness is lasting longer and longer each time..The bad part is, it is my right leg and i need that leg to drive... i just have to pull over when it happens

Everyone else.. Hello and hope all is well Have a GREAT MONDAY...

I am going to the gym at 2:30 and I am going to do the elliptical for my hour I just hope my leg allows me to do so!!! then i am going to change and go into the arizona room then the pool and i will do my water areobics at 4:30 for an hour..so i will be done around 6.. then home to eat dinner...

if you dont hear from me tonight dont worry i will check in as soon as I can... Take care all

sheila

Hi Sheila! I'm back! :smile:
  • jamielbeck
    Hi guys! Well after logging about 16 hours in the car this past weekend, we are back! During the drive home yesterday bf said hey you've been in 5 states in the past two weekends. Geez. And that wasn't counting my trip to Maine. I love visiting with friends and family but I am thankful to be at home and done traveling for a couple weeks. I hope you are all doing well!
    I didn't get to work out all weekend. (We left Thursday night). I did get to walk the dog two of the days while we were there. So tonight I have to hit the gym and walk Nes. By the end of this work day I may need someone to give me a swift kick in the behind to make it to workout. :laugh:
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Hey team! I'm back at work today!!! :bigsmile:
    I got my stitches removed on Friday, and the approval to change to a cane. So, on Saturday, Tony took me cane shopping! :laugh: I found a pink one, so I've been sporting it proudly since Saturday.

I have a really hard time getting around still, but the doctor says I'm healing nicely. I have an appointment this Wednesday for a physical therapy assessment, and I'll go from there. It just feels great being able to leave my house! Plus, a paycheck definitely won't hurt my feelings at all!

Great to be back!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Well, I'm back from the gym. Did 30 minutes on the Precor Elliptical (the one where it looks like you're running uphill!) and varied the depth every 5 mins, from 10 to 3 to 15 to 10 to 8. My feet really hurt so I stopped at 30 mins. Then I did 15 mins on the treadmill (almost a mile) because the treadmill has a fan so you can cool off!! Tomorrow is trainer day so I took it kind of easy, no weights today.

I dont' get the endorphin rush with the elliptical that I do with the step aerobics, so that's kind of a bummer. :smile: But did my 45 mins and burned enough cals to eat more today, although I did great with calories yesterday (helped that i slept in till 11).
  • I finally made it to my 10,000 step goal. I am feeling really positive this week. I think my scale will move this week for sure. Well it already has but will not post till Friday.

Sheila- that sounds like sciatic nerve damage. That is what I have. I take medicine now and feel much better. Hope to talk soon.
  • Jamie and I Corinthians I have added your names to the list.

So many of you have said that I am amazing and I thank you but on the inside I am scared, afraid and hurting. A little background on me - On Dec. 16, 1992, my husband then went missing. I had a ten year old son and a twelve year old daughter at the time. For three days, we knew not where he was. My heart knew just knew that something was terribly wrong but my heart also clung to a thread of hope that everything would be ok. I ate very little at that time. I at first clung to that thread of hope that he was still alive and lied to my kids about what was going on. After 24 hours, I told them the truth and that I didn't know where he was. I now had there feelings to deal with plus this was right before Christmas. Long story short, he was found on 12/19/92 in a wooded area murdered. Two months later my mom was diagnosed with bone cancer. I was so numb still and going through trials that and still nourishing my kids through this and now Grandma that my heart again hurting carried me through the two months of watching Mom die. She past at Easter, four months after my husband died my Mom lost her battle. I vowed standing by my husband's casket, that I wished the pain of all people could stop - that people wouldn't have to hurt. And if there was ever anything I could do to bear pain or do something in honor of someone I would. Seventeen years later, my love of my life for three years - one I love with all my heart - has been stricken with cancer. It is killing me - and him too - So I have to again try to keep myself pulled together and do all I can do.. This walk I so want to do for him first and for your loved ones. It is such an honor to do this for you for you are the ones holding me up at this time. You are the ones helping me to hold my lifestyle change together. I have figured out the main reason for my overeating right now. It is stress from work but mainly it is grief from what my friend is going through. But it is still healthy. I am trying to vent it toward exercise and water right now. And maybe after admitting what is really causing it, this will come about. Right now, weight loss is something I so want to happen but am not going to worry about it or even concentrate on it. I am going to concentrate on eating healthly, exercising, being strong for my friend, and doing every hour of this walk for him and the names of the people you have given me. Will I make it the total fifteen hours - only time will tell - my heart has it in my plans but I will listen to my body. Am I amazing? YOU - EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU ARE THE AMAZING ONES - You are the only people holding me up (with just a hand full - count them on one hand here in Indiana) holding me up helping me stick through this lifestyle change which I so want. Just to let you know - I am sticking with it and the scale said this morning down a pound since Friday. Again this walk is an honor for me to do for your loved ones along with mine.

Thank you again for listening to me and being there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Indianagranny ~ (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) I am so sorry for the heartaches you have had. You are such a brave woman and so obviously full of compassion. Take very good care of yourself - eat well, hydrate, get good rest. Blessings for you....:heart:
  • cyndeebee
    indianagranny...Not the first time, and I doubt it will be the last, but your words moved me to tears. Dear one...You've seen such trials and heartbreak in your time.
    It strikes me as next-to-miraculous, that this particular group of women should meet up here...on a fitness site...and I think I speak for most of us when I say that there is a true bond of friendship and caring happening here.
    Yes...miraculous!
    Know that you, indianagranny, are in my daily thoughts and prayers. It is an honor to know that you come here, to us, to find a bit of comfort.
    Bless you.

I admit that I haven't been doing well these past few days. I've been completely immobile today. This was a pajama day for me. I tried not to overeat, but I have this terrible fear that if I get on the scales tomorrow, I'll have gained back a pound...or two or three.
    But then I come here and I see how hard everyone is working, and I'm reminded to forgive myself if I have a bad day, and start fresh tomorrow.
    Thanks, everyone, for being my strength on the bad days.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    April - good job on the 10,000 steps!! Yayyy you!

Dwray ~ SUPER YAYYYYYY to being somewhat mobile again! I can just imagine how great it felt to get out and about. Good for you all being on the road to recovery ~:happy:

Kristi ~ hope all those touchy-feely therapist-types were less emotional today and that work went well:bigsmile:

Jamie- That is a LOT of states to go through is just a couple of weekends - you are an official road-warrior, me thinks:drinker:

Cyndee- be still, it's okay. Treat your body well to help it be well. No worries dear, you would have to eat more that 3000 calories over your maintenance level to gain a pound and that would be pretty hard to do in just a day! I'm sure any weight fluctuations can be chalked up to water retention ~ be patient, don't weigh until Friday! We WILL plan a road trip to steal your scale!

Healthymom - Seriously? :noway: You're just doing 1200 cals? I was draaaagggiiinnng on 1300. However, I notice that you started a month after me AND you've lost 10 pounds more than me! :blushing: Ughhh. You make me realize I really need to lower my calories. I was really, really, really hoping I could lose this weight with little more than wishful thinking :ohwell: The month of May proved to me that that cannot happen:grumble: You are doing great though - proud for you!!!

Sheila - just reading your posts makes me tired! I don't know why you don't weigh about 110 pounds as active as you are!!

So, I ended today with 126 calories still available. I worked from 10:30 this morning to 5:15 this afternoon in my yard- very physical and very sweaty and very rewarding! I am levelling part of the yard (with a shovel and rake) getting it prepared to install a paver patio. Yipeeeeee. That's my exercise today - although I don't have an HRM so no idea how many cals were actually burned, so I just stayed under my usual calories. I gotta get one of those monitors!!!

later gaters
  • lulu - WAIT, before you start lowering your calories - I had to up mine to 1500/day becasue I have been hungry and snacking anyway. So I thought I would raise it and eat healthy stuff instead of feeling guilty. I did lose 8 lbs in May but in April I only lost 3 lbs. Exercise is the difference for me. If I'm not moving, I don't lose no matter what I eat.

Hey, the everyone else. good to see everyone checking in!

I did the couch to 5K week 5 for 60 minutes. I NEVER ran that long before (5 minute intervals) but it was really really slow jogging in the rain. Eventually I will work on speed. Come on woggers, we can do it! :bigsmile:
  • Jamie and I Corinthians I have added your names to the list.

So many of you have said that I am amazing and I thank you but on the inside I am scared, afraid and hurting. A little background on me - On Dec. 16, 1992, my husband then went missing. I had a ten year old son and a twelve year old daughter at the time. For three days, we knew not where he was. My heart knew just knew that something was terribly wrong but my heart also clung to a thread of hope that everything would be ok. I ate very little at that time. I at first clung to that thread of hope that he was still alive and lied to my kids about what was going on. After 24 hours, I told them the truth and that I didn't know where he was. I now had there feelings to deal with plus this was right before Christmas. Long story short, he was found on 12/19/92 in a wooded area murdered. Two months later my mom was diagnosed with bone cancer. I was so numb still and going through trials that and still nourishing my kids through this and now Grandma that my heart again hurting carried me through the two months of watching Mom die. She past at Easter, four months after my husband died my Mom lost her battle. I vowed standing by my husband's casket, that I wished the pain of all people could stop - that people wouldn't have to hurt. And if there was ever anything I could do to bear pain or do something in honor of someone I would. Seventeen years later, my love of my life for three years - one I love with all my heart - has been stricken with cancer. It is killing me - and him too - So I have to again try to keep myself pulled together and do all I can do.. This walk I so want to do for him first and for your loved ones. It is such an honor to do this for you for you are the ones holding me up at this time. You are the ones helping me to hold my lifestyle change together. I have figured out the main reason for my overeating right now. It is stress from work but mainly it is grief from what my friend is going through. But it is still healthy. I am trying to vent it toward exercise and water right now. And maybe after admitting what is really causing it, this will come about. Right now, weight loss is something I so want to happen but am not going to worry about it or even concentrate on it. I am going to concentrate on eating healthly, exercising, being strong for my friend, and doing every hour of this walk for him and the names of the people you have given me. Will I make it the total fifteen hours - only time will tell - my heart has it in my plans but I will listen to my body. Am I amazing? YOU - EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU ARE THE AMAZING ONES - You are the only people holding me up (with just a hand full - count them on one hand here in Indiana) holding me up helping me stick through this lifestyle change which I so want. Just to let you know - I am sticking with it and the scale said this morning down a pound since Friday. Again this walk is an honor for me to do for your loved ones along with mine.

Thank you again for listening to me and being there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indiana - Nothing is as important as your peace of mind - that affects everything from weight to attitude. You are so precious and it is a privilege to know you. God has created us to be connected with others - even though it hurts some times. we will do our best to be here for you. Take care.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    indi - I don't know what to say except that my heart breaks for you and I wish I could take those pains away from you. I am glad that this little band of people online are helping you get thru this stuff without turning to food. I don't know how we're doing that, since we're just "here", but I am glad that it helps.

Speaking of road trips.... I've been thinking about everyone meeting up in Vegas in spring of next year... how's THAT for a road trip??? I'm saving now..
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Well Team,

Good Morning...I have a bit of good news, my son called yesterday and aske what I was doing tomorrow I told him i have a dr appt. then he was silent so I spoke up and said why would you like to come over?? he says yes.. welll then i said well I can pick you up on my way home from the dr. I would love to spend some time with you... I am sorry that I can spend time with landon to but I miss you and cant wait to hang out...he says miss you too love you and talk to you tomorrow... well then later in the evening I get another phone call and it was my son again and he said that his girlfriend wanted to talk to me not yell not scream so would I please hear her out.. well she said she was sorry for everything that she has said in the past few weeks and she would like to have a relationship with me my son and my grandson along with the rest of the family...as i sat there and listened still hurting because not seeing neither my son or my grandson for weeks now.... I said well lets try and work things out.. since she called and appoligize to me!!!.. so then my son got back on the phone and said thanks mom for listening to her and hope we can come see you tomorrow...I said your welcome to come by... So I am going to try and be nice while they are here... cuz i really miss my grandson and my son... Thanks Team for being here to let me vent...

Indiana - You are one heck of a person and my heart goes out to you...You are such a brave person and you too will get through... we are all here for you

sry team but I have to run to take my hubby to work and my daughter to school bb in a few

sheila
  • cyndeebee
    Sheila, I'm so happy for you. Wonderful news. You just had to wait her out. And you realize, of course, that you can take credit for teaching her an important life lesson. Life is not a chessboard, and people aren't pawns. You can't play them off against each other.
    I hope you have an amazing visit with your family!

And how are you this morning, indianagranny? You're in my heart and mind.

Thankfully, I woke up feeling much better today. More like my "old self." That's good, since I have to go and put my time in at the store today. I'm part of a craft cooperative. We pay a small fee to rent space to display our crafts, and then we volunteer once a month, for half a day or a day...depending on how much space you use. So far, I'm only using a half space...so half a day. Most of my work, though, is done at home. I've got to come up with some fresh ideas so that I can change my merchandise for "back to school," and autumn. I'll probably make more "recycled material" lunch bags. And yesterday, I tried something crazy, but I love it...I'm cutting plastic bags into strips, then knitting them and making them into "plastic raffia" tote bags. Feel free to mail your excess plastic bags to me...:laugh:

I'd better get busy here...I'd like to get a bit of work done at home, before I venture out into the world.
    Kristi...Where do you work? Sounds an awful lot like a job I had in the 90s. I worked in the front office of a Social Services agency in Nova Scotia. We had everything under one roof...Children's Aid, Mother's Allowance, Welfare, Pension, Child Support Worker, Adult Protective Services Worker...So many social workers under one roof...Never a dull moment.