I have a weird question

Options

Replies

• Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Depending on the pizza, I bet your saving more then you think. A tablespoon of oil is like 120 calories....Great Job!
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    :noway: I don't think it's wierd... It kind of makes sense (unless I'm wierd too?) :embarassed:
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I think this is INSANE and you really should just choose healthier things and that that's borderline obsessive... lighten up, make better choices and you'll be fine! :)
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    When I eat canned soup I always water it down too. I used to do this mainly due to the flavor because I thought it was too strong as a kid... However, there IS a lot of sodium in it...especially Campbell's soup.

For the pizza, it doesn't hurt to dab. Lots of people do this. Makes me feel better when I am eating the pizza too because it isn't as drippy...lol

I HATE DRIPPY PIZZA HAHA!
  • Abbie_Thompson
    Abbie_Thompson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think every little bit helps and there is no reason to eat things you don't miss.

I don't miss brussel sprouts...does that mean i can skip eating them!? hehe

LoL, I don't miss them either

I love Brussel Sprouts! Sure I cook them with bacon....
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    bahahaha@shamwow. love it!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I think if u dont want the grease on the pizza....don't eat it...if you don't want the sodium in your canned soup dont eat it....make your own and then you wont waste as much...prob tastes better too
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've always done that to pizza since I was younger. I just don't like a bunch of grease piled up on my food. The more grease, the more it makes me gassy. And that is not cool. :laugh:
  • VodkaSalad37
    VodkaSalad37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would just start making home made chicken noodle soup-- I'm sure you can find a low sodium recipe-- Plus you will have more and it may cost less.
  • lyddsmom
    Options
    Since you don't eat pizza very often, I think that if you are going to choose to eat it, just enjoy it and savor the taste. Life is too short to worry about something so small.

If I don't enjoy what I am eating then I just eat more of something else later.

I would miss the broth and the brussel sprouts.
  • hoosier_red
    Options
    I think every little bit helps and there is no reason to eat things you don't miss.

I don't miss brussel sprouts...does that mean i can skip eating them!? hehe

LoL, I don't miss them either

I used to loathe the sprout with a passion, and then I learned how to bake them and OMG they're good that way! Toss them with a tablespoon of olive oil, some crushed garlic and a bit of salt, and bake them at 400°F for 35-40 minutes. They turn crunchy on the outside and totally tender on the inside, and they're gorgeous!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I think this is INSANE and you really should just choose healthier things and that that's borderline obsessive... lighten up, make better choices and you'll be fine! :)

What exactly is unhealthy about having pizza? As long as you log it and have the calories to eat it, I don't see how it's a bad choice. I'm not going to stop eating some of the foods that I love because some people have it in their heads that you have to deprive yourself of something because it's "unhealthy" in their minds.
  • plumtuckered7
    plumtuckered7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think every little bit helps, and if you keep being strong and are willing to cut calories/sodium/fat, however you can, than you are making healthier choices already! keep it up, I think that it is great, I think I will start doing that too, love soup!! lol and good luck!
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    NY pizza usually has so much oil on it that it soaks a paper plate. This is from the good places, too. These, I blot. I don't log it as any fewer calories though.

I say it it make syou feel better about eating it or makes it slightly healtier (or less unhealty) then do it. But I agree you shouldn't dock calories off of it. It would be too easy to over estimate. Count it as normal and any couple cals you save is cusion toward actual weight loss, not just a diary entry.
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    There also should be another "h" in the world healthy somewhere too but we are counting calories and not spelling errors right? :-)
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Wouldn't the best way to avoid grease on pizza be to not eat pizza?

And to the soup thing, all I can say is....EW!

nope..Pizza is good.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    just stay away from Pizza and can products it is easy to do

It's not weird. I do the same thing with the pizza not so much to save on the calories but the grease floating on top is just gross! I imagine every little bit adds up. If it works for you then keep doing it!

I know it's easy. I rarely eat canned goods or pizza for that matter but when I do, I still do these things. I've managed to lose 70 lbs and have perfect cholesterol. Thanks for your opinion even though you don't know my eating habits. I was responding to the OP, not asking for opinions.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options

I dab the oil off my pizza. I don't really eat can soup all that often though. I don't think this is insane at all! So many other people are saying they do it as well, so it can't be too crazy. Insane is when you are "mentally deranged" This is far from that lol.
  • crisox5211
    Options
    I always add more water to my soup to make it look like I have more to eat!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    So you may think this is weird but I am just wondering if it helps or does any good by me doing it...When I eat pizza(havent lately) I take a napkin and soak the grease off the top, thinking that it helps with the fat calories....Also when I eat chicken noodle soup, I empty all of the broth out in the sink and then fill the can up 1/2 way with water ( to reduce the sodium)(still taste just as good to me)...What do you guys think?

I think you're ultimately reducing the fat and sodium. It might not be a significant amount each time, but over a period of time you're cutting quite a bit.