Zumba

Options

Replies

• gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I ADORE Zumba! I go to five classes a week, taught by three different teachers and all the teachers are different, so I get more cardio in one class, ab and leg work in another, etc.

Regarding calories, I went to a website that figured Zumba calories using your height/weight. It is just an average and I use that.

HRM - heart rate monitor.
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love it. The hour goes by so fast and it's fun. Don't worry about not knowing the moves completely, the key is to keep moving. Everyone else is usually too busy concentrating on the instructor to care what you're doing or they're worried about whether they're doing right or not. lol
    It's fun, the more you do it the better you are at it.
  • stephiisings
    stephiisings Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Zumba for the Xbox?? I never have the time to go to a class because of my work schedule and school...so if I want to do it at midnight is the video game just as good??? :)

I have it for the Xbox, the kinect doesn't always accurately track your movements because it's just a sensor. You can just try to do your best at maintaining the beat and rhythm and it tends to be right on track. It's a really good work out and your sweating in just minutes.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba. But the instructor makes or breaks the class.

This is SO true! I play on the Wii (I have one and two) and I have been to a few classes. I have one teacher that I love but I can't stand the other one!
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    THis is sooooo very true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    i use www.zumbacalories.com and created my own zumba exercise lol!

^^this!! And Zumba is awesome!!!!!!!!
  • HoneyDancer
    Options
    I love it! This is the only workout where I am happy and grinning all the way through. Maybe because I just generally love dancing. Really works up a sweat too! I do it about 5 - 6 times a week :)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba! It's a great workout, burn tons of calories, and it's super fun.

Completely agree!
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    Just started zumba and really like the change from boot camp. BUT, I do not burn the calories everyone else does. i only burn between 300 and 400 in an hour. About the same as boot camp or running.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I burn anywhere from 900-1100 doing Zumba (I wear my HRM)! I have been doing Zumba since 2007 and I love it!! I definitely think the instructor can make or break the class. But its up to the person to push themselves to get awesome calorie burn
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Just started, 3rd class was tonight, it is soooo much fun. I am uncoordinated but the 3rd was was much better! I can see it will be a lifelong thing for me, its addictive!
  • Bi0l0gy
    Bi0l0gy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Zumba. It's more interesting than staring at the wall or the TV as you walk the treadmill or ride a bike. And after a few times, you start to see the same people, which I also like. I am probably the most uncoordinated person in the world and still don't get most of the steps right. But I always feel like I've worked harder than if I just ran on the treadmill. And the music is great!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I really like Zumba. I took Zumba Gold which is for beginners or people who need a slower pace. It was too slow for me. I got the Zumba DVDs which I LOVE! I really feel like I have worked out when I do them and the time doesn't drag.
  • sus_1959
    Options
    I love zumba but can not figure out how to do my calories burned! Very new to this can anyone help me?
    thanks Sus
  • gloriacombs
    gloriacombs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first Zumba lesson, OMG. I will see if I can get out of bed in the morning. Good workout even though I could definitely not do all the moves that others did. I am old, What do they expect. But I sweated and feel like I did something. I will go again.:laugh:
  • lois1426
    lois1426 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I agree completely! I have found the best instructor and have been going to her classes for almost 2 years. Zumba may be a little intimidating at first, but if you stick with it, you will notice a big difference in your endurance.
  • evabarron
    evabarron Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a fanatic about it! Started 3 years ago, but had to drop out 6 months later due to 2nd job. I recently joined back in December and have lost 4 lbs just due to Zumba. My 24 year old daughter also loves it! It's the best fun at exercising I've ever had!
  • MikaRochelle
    Options
    I :heart: Zumba. I just recently started going and I don't know how I passed it up before. It feels more like a dance party than a workout. I agree, the instructor definitely makes or breaks the class.
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

^^agreed! i take a "dance fitness" class - its a certified zumba instructor - we do zumba songs but we also do dances she coreographs to pop music. i'm at least 150lb overweight and it makes exercise so fun i'm addicted!! great calorie burn too!
  • ezgoingal2
    Options
    omg!! i love zumba. It is sooo much fun. There are several workouts. I do the cardio party mostly, but they also have strength training and a 20 min "i'm in a hurry and don't have time for a full workout" video as well. Try it!!:flowerforyou: