When did THIS become hotter than THIS?

Options

Replies

• mbertagnolli
    Options
    There's another one of these with rake thin actresses floating around... I have a copy, but don't know how to post images...
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder yes :), but its not "prude" vs skank......It was when we as women could feel beautiful even if we had curves and were "full figured".....now we feel the need and almost required to fit into this sick unhealty sterotype of skinny "hot" girls that the media and hollywood has shown us is the true form of beauty. It is percieved that if you are not 5'8 and 110lbs your not beautiful and you don't belong. Well guess what: REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES!!!! I'm not saying its okay to be "overweight" its not, its unhealty and hard on your body, and even shortens our life spans......but just cause your not like the models, does not in anyway mean you are not beautiful and hot!!!
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @Ket - The bottom ones are sexy the top ones, meh!

@ Juliesummers - Beautiful in there own way.

I guess I'm a classical conservative guy.
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I need a time machine I would have been hot in Elizabethan times :)
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    The third one in on the bottom is checking me out. :smokin:

Mona Lisa says you fly is open :blushing:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder yes :), but its not "prude" vs skank......It was when we as women could feel beautiful even if we had curves and were "full figured".....now we feel the need and almost required to fit into this sick unhealty sterotype of skinny "hot" girls that the media and hollywood has shown us is the true form of beauty. It is percieved that if you are not 5'8 and 110lbs your not beautiful and you don't belong. Well guess what: REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES!!!! I'm not saying its okay to be "overweight" its not, its unhealty and hard on your body, and even shortens our life spans......but just cause your not like the models, does not in anyway mean you are not beautiful and hot!!!
    You know what? Real women have bodies. Some are skinny, some are not. Doesn't make the thin woman less of a "real woman". Also, I really wish that the term curves would be used correctly. If you're not 2 dimensional, you've got curves.

Also, I like this version. Every era has a standard of beauty.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Freaking LOVE it! lol
  • rml_16
    Options
    Yeah, someone sent me that one today.
    I also like this one, as social commentary on those body-shaming "curvy women are sexier than slim women" photos.

405970_333420526690862_117940331572217_1125394_343936227_n.jpg

The OP was quite funny, but I really do like this one on a more serious note. I think I'm stealing them both to share. Until this morning, I'd only seen the one with the really thin women versus the Old Hollywood women.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this thread. :smile:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    :laugh: As soon as I saw who the OP was, I knew it was gonna be funny.
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    I wish women still dressed like they did in the 40s n 50s, So much hotter than the styles now
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • rml_16
    Options
    I wish women still dressed like they did in the 40s n 50s, So much hotter than the styles now

YOU wear pantyhose and heels every day.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    You know what? Real women have bodies. Some are skinny, some are not. Doesn't make the thin woman less of a "real woman". Also, I really wish that the term curves would be used correctly. If you're not 2 dimensional, you've got curves.

Also, I like this version. Every era has a standard of beauty.

Utterly agree. There is no RIGHT look, for men or women :smile:
  • carlie_carl
    Options

only on a weekend ;-) lol
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options

I love (cute) pantyhose and heels but I realize that I'm in the minority on the one.

Thanks for sharing this, OP. It gave me a much needed giggle. I don't think the bottom row looks bad, but whenever I see those portraits I think about how many damn clothes those poor women had to wear. Ugh. Women from the 1940s were exhibitionists compared to women from the 1640s.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha LOVE
  • rml_16
    Options

only on a weekend ;-) lol

I agree that the styles back then were very lovely, but they were also unhealthy. Look at a woman's feet who was a young adult in that era. All sorts of problems from the shoes they wore everywhere, no matter how much they would be on their feet. And 'hose in the summer? Ick! The best thing that ever happened for women was when workplaces started moving away from requiring pantyhose in their dress codes.
  • goodstarbuck
    Options
    Welcome to the 21st century.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    :happy: I love the glamour look of the 40s and 50s, in fact I'm off to a 40s themed party next month and need to sort out my costume