Comic Books?!

Options

Replies

• TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Have you gotten her Bone? GREAT fantasy series. Entire run, 50+ issues, are all in one volume, for $25 or so on Amazon. It's one of the best comic deals ever.
    My fourteen year old's favorite. He read the books, but he is collecting the comic books, now. Cool stuff.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Rock me some Gambit, Hulk, Jamie Madrox (aka Multiple Man) cause having more than one around could make things interesting!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I collected comics for 20 years or so. Still have my collection (a few thousand, but haven't counted up the total), but haven't bought anything new in a few years.

Big Marvel fan, especially X-Men (and related) and Spiderman. also have some DC. Was also into early Image comics, like Spawn.

Non-superhero: I have the complete Strangers In Paradise collection, except a first print of the very first issue. Such an amazing series from Terry Moore.

Love Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore.

My most prized issues are the first appearance of Wolverine (all 3 issues in The Incredible Hulk #180-182).

I haven't read any Marvel in so long, I know I'm totally behind on who's dead/alive/changed genders. :laugh:
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    big fan of IRON MAN when i was a kid. still have my collection of 70's-80's comics.
  • TWrecks1968
    Options
    Great topic. I don't have a large collection, but I have several Daredevils (Miller/Janson), that I cherish. I also collect anything by David Mack, Daredevil (Marvel Knights) and Kabuki. My most cherished possessions are my collection of PowerGirl. I have the complete collection of the most recent run. My favorite PG artist is Amanda Connor. I also have some JSA Classified featuring PG and drawn by Connor. I also have one JSA All Stars from 1976, the second introduction of PG.

My ten year old collects Dark Horse - Star Wars, and my seventeen year old like Axe Cop and Hellboy, among others. Both are budding cartoonists in their own right.

When I reach my goal weight, I would love to play Daredevil, but I would love Hugh Jackman's X-Men Origins: Wolverine physique.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Not so sure about the cosplay thing... but Gambit has always been one of my faves... it was solidified after he charged up a slice of boisenberry pie and threw it at Bishop. lol

But damn... there's just so many good characters out there... both good and bad... I think another of my faves would have to be Maul from Wild CATS, or Savage Dragon.

Sadly... I stopped collecting when I got my first car at the age of 16... lots of new stuff out there now that I'm positive I'd love and go broke buying. lol
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to cosplay Power Girl for YEARS. I think she's awesome beyond words. Someday, this will happen.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I think I'd be Star Sapphire. Just cuz. :happy:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how retarded I feel when i'm talking to a dude who doesn't know who Tony Stark is????

That guy, whomever he may be... deserves a STARK kick to the junk... just sayin... lol
  • TWrecks1968
    Options
    I've wanted to cosplay Power Girl for YEARS. I think she's awesome beyond words. Someday, this will happen.

:drinker:
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    OH YEA

THIS IS MY CLUBHOUSE NOW, BOYS.

You might have the password, but you havent done the intiation thing yet. Not so fast.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Initiation?

Does it involve getting a comic book character tattoo?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

:love: :love: :love:

:flowerforyou:

I don't do DC but I know a well drawn character when I see one!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    lien-albums-persona-3-picture11820-chidori-junpei.jpg

Not a comic book, but my bf and I are cosplaying these two this summer
  • JDviant
    JDviant Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    big fan of IRON MAN when i was a kid. still have my collection of 70's-80's comics.

Oh man, thats the Layton-Michiline run, awesome stuff! I've only gotten to read snipets of it, but its legendary.
    Have a huge infatuation with The Avengers. Every single one of the heroes and villains :)

I've become a big Hawkeye fan lately since I've been exposed to his 80's stories. Just a really fun character. Just finished the Korvac Saga for the first time, pretty epic, but on a small scale. Its funny because that story now would be a company-wide crossover mega-event.
  • JDviant
    JDviant Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    One of the coolest panels ever

231371676_8c96cbe99a_o.jpg
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Tarot53e.jpg
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    One of the coolest panels ever

231371676_8c96cbe99a_o.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: That is one of the most awesome panels, ever. One of my cherished issues.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Im currently reading through the civil war series. Im new to actualyl reading comic books, but not the comic book universe at all. Favorite super hero is Batman, but I prefer marvel way more than DC. I hate superman with a burning passion. My girl is obessed with spiderman, who I do like, but I prefer Iron Man to spiderman. The most powerful though is by far the scarlet witch (hello house of m?), but she is absolutely crazy. I think in the civil war series though I really like captain america, hes really growing on me
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Comic Book group on MFP!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2820-comics-n-things
    Aquaman fans need not apply.......... lol j/k