Chicken Nuggets!?!?!? Yay or nay!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Also saw a photo of year old chicken nuggets that someone left out as a science experiement, and the nuggets had dried out, but not rotted or decayed....after 1 whole year!! GROSS
    I know, imagine that! Meat drying up and not rotting?!

jack-links-original-beef-jerky.jpg

Check this out: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html

My friend makes this stuff, but she has to use a dehydrator to dry it faster so the meat doesn;t go bad.

SMART *kitten*

It was a photo of nuggets and fries. Whether or not it's true how old it is, it was still pretty gross.
    Smart *kitten*? Check the link I provided for more info, sweetheart.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html

Without moisture, most any food product will just dry up, like jerky.
  • andreacord
    Options
    MMM...mcdonalds chicken nuggets so tasty :noway: Gotta love mechanically separated poultry

chicken-mcnugget-step-one-1447-1-1.jpg
    They stopped using the mechanically separated chicken in '03.

Get over it.

Probably true, but this picture definitely just grossed me out.
  • rouleaux
    Options
    They are the best, but they have to be dipped in honey... maybe a Canadian thing? Damn, now I'm craving them!

oh and btw - they don't "treat" chickens with ammonia, the ammonia accumulates secondary to their waste accumulating (most barns are all in and all out - only get cleaned after the flock are sent off to slaughter, before they bring in the new ones). They treat the chickens with a number of coccidiostats and other antibiotics. And the picture of the chickens basking in the sunshine smelling flowers - ever see how many parasites and worms they have? Not to mention increased risk of communicable diseases such as avian influenza, and many poorly managed backyard flocks have nutritional dietary deficiencies which can lead to a host of problems impacting the welfare of the chickens. So really, there are problems with both systems - I'm not trying to stand up for one versus the other! (and yes, as a veterinary pathologist, I have some experience in this matter...)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    MMM...mcdonalds chicken nuggets so tasty :noway: Gotta love mechanically separated poultry
    They stopped using the mechanically separated chicken in '03.

Get over it.

Probably true, but this picture definitely just grossed me out.
    That's the idea of the picture. Scare mongering over things that don't even happen any more.
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options
    Also saw a photo of year old chicken nuggets that someone left out as a science experiement, and the nuggets had dried out, but not rotted or decayed....after 1 whole year!! GROSS
    I know, imagine that! Meat drying up and not rotting?!

jack-links-original-beef-jerky.jpg

Check this out: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html

My friend makes this stuff, but she has to use a dehydrator to dry it faster so the meat doesn;t go bad.

SMART *kitten*

It was a photo of nuggets and fries. Whether or not it's true how old it is, it was still pretty gross.
    Smart *kitten*? Check the link I provided for more info, sweetheart.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html

Without moisture, most any food product will just dry up, like jerky.

Just read it, thx, that was pretty interesting.

I would hate to be his wife LMFAO!

Congrats! You can GOOGLE faster then the nexy guy ;)

Cookies for you!
  • suprfast
    Options
    My nuggets are better. Fact.
    Send me some so I can fact check.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    http://247lowcarbdiner.blogspot.com/2012/01/coconut-curry-chicken-nuggets.html

If you must eat them out I recommend Chick-fil-A if possible.. mmmmmm!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i prefer my nuggets to be from chicago.

A woman with good taste!!!! She knows where the quality nuggets are!:bigsmile:

yes, the best nuggets are from Chicago. :wink:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've never cared for chicken nuggets, and like McD's the least of any I've tried. Too much breading and not enough chicken. I prefer chicken fingers, preferably tossed in hot sauce.
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options

:noway: is this legit/real?

hahah I saw this on FB last week too. First thing I thought of when I saw this post ;)

You need moisture to grow bacteria and mold and the like....ever hear of dehydrated food?

Wow, we could give out Sarcasm awards on this page! LMAO

No, actually I have never heard of dehydrated food. Please, enlighten us all with your wisdom.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    McDonalds nuggets are NOT mechanically separated, but all 100% WHITE MEAT (they were at one time made the other way but have changed many years ago in favour of quality!) All those supposed "facts" you hear about McDonalds are NOT true. I was an assistant manager there for 3 years and the meat and buns do NOT look the same if left out for a year. They do go bad (I've seen it...since I worked there I often brought food home and ate it in my car. Some leftovers were left in the backseat in the crumpled bag because I rarely cleaned my car...trust me, cheeseburgers go bad, and grow mold if left sitting!). The shake mix for milkshakes and ice cream are NOT made of feathers and the meat is 100% Grade A BEEF.

Everything you find on the internet is NOT from reliable sources and are out there to scare people about fast food.
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    I like chicken nuggets homemade but it always takes forever to cute them up, bread them, fry them so it's a rare treat for my daughter to get them. I'd rather have some hot wings.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    IF I eat them, which is not often, I get the ones from Trader Joe's. But, my oven fried chicken is so easy to make and so super yummy that I, and my family, would rather have that.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    McDonalds nuggets are NOT mechanically separated, but all 100% WHITE MEAT (they were at one time made the other way but have changed many years ago in favour of quality!) All those supposed "facts" you hear about McDonalds are NOT true. I was an assistant manager there for 3 years and the meat and buns do NOT look the same if left out for a year. They do go bad (I've seen it...since I worked there I often brought food home and ate it in my car. Some leftovers were left in the backseat in the crumpled bag because I rarely cleaned my car...trust me, cheeseburgers go bad, and grow mold if left sitting!). The shake mix for milkshakes and ice cream are NOT made of feathers and the meat is 100% Grade A BEEF.

Everything you find on the internet is NOT from reliable sources and are out there to scare people about fast food.

Bravo!!!
  • dsoucy03
    Options
    DON'T EAT THOSE THINGS, IT'S NOT CHICKEN!!!!
    Make your own at home with REAL chicken breast and save yourself calories and all the nasty chemical crap in those things.
    Would'nt surprise me to find out that McDonalds Corporation=Soylent Corp
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Chic Fil A nuggest are the best things on the planet. I swear they are breaded with crack because you want more and more and more. O.K., must wipe the drool off my keyboard now. (oh, and barbecue dipping sauce only way to go!)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    i prefer my nuggets to be from chicago.

A woman with good taste!!!! She knows where the quality nuggets are!:bigsmile:

yes, the best nuggets are from Chicago. :wink:

You should sample the Chicago style nuggets! I see you arent that far! yummmmmmmmmmm:devil:
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    chicken nuggets= nasty :/
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    McDonalds nuggets are NOT mechanically separated, but all 100% WHITE MEAT (they were at one time made the other way but have changed many years ago in favour of quality!)

Why couldn't white meat be mechanically separated. Is there a regulation that white meat but be hand cut or pulled from the bone?
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    chik fil a nuggets with polynesian sauce..and LOTS of it