I WANT PIZZA!

Options
Okay, so right now I really just want some pizza!!

Any suggestions for some "healthy" pizza? I know there are some frozen options out there but I am not a big frozen food type person and don't like mushrooms or tomatoes.

I would love a good recipe for dough/sauce that doesn't kill the calorie and carb count for the day!

HELP!!

Replies

• vacamama
    vacamama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    look up paleo pizza on here. It's a Cauliflower crust..I am making it this weekend!

Cheers :)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    paleo pizza, whole wheat pita pizza, or you can just get a small portion of the real thing if you think you can handle that (it's not very filling to me though).
  • superstacey
    Options
    Thats a tough one, but chek out my new blog SKINNY THURSDAY< at least you can laugh about it.
    superstacey
    http://savingsavannahseries.blogspot.com/
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    A cheat meal here and there isn't going to hurt your progress. In fact I've seen studies that it may help.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Healthy pizza: not worth it.
    Just eat pizza. Fit it in. You can do it.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Go for a run, plan out the rest of your meals, and just eat your pizza.

Almost every Friday I eat 1000 calories in Pizza, and it does not effect my workouts, or my results negatively.
  • Bringonskinny
    Bringonskinny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use pita pockets cut in half to make 2 pizzas with ragu pizza snack sauce and shredded marble cheese and mini pepperoni's... bake 400 just until cheese melts . So yummy even my kids and husband likes them
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Healthy pizza: not worth it.
    Just eat pizza. Fit it in. You can do it.

This!
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    I have the same problem. In my experience, "healthy" pizza just doesn't fill the void. So I order myself a small pizza and eat it. I just try to make up for it with a big workout. I've lost 30 pounds now and have done so without giving up pizza.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut Deep Dish!! Its so healthy you can taste it in your mouth already!!
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I use low carb low fat tortillias for my crust...but you have to like a thin crust :) Tomato sauce is low cal..and I add italian seasonings to it and top lightly with what meat and veggies I like. I weigh the meat and cheese ...easy to count the calories that way. Always very low cal...and for me it tastes good.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    We get Papa Murphy's Pepperoni Delight pizza about once a week, and I've learned to watch how much I'm eating, and not go over my counts for the day. And going over once in a while isn't gonna completely kill your whole weight loss goal.
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I made one last night. I use a flat out wrap, plain tomato sauce, mushrooms, onions, diced ham, and I top it with a chopped up string cheese. Bake it in the oven at 350 until the cheese melts. Not the real thing but it does the job and it tastes good.
    235 cal 24carb (the wrap is only 16) 10 fat 22 pro and 11 fiber.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Eat something you are going to enjoy - if you eat something that you don't like it isn't going to help! If it is pizza you want have some don't eat as much as you used to have it with some salad or veggies so you don't need to have as much to fill you up!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Maybe a Lean Cuisine french bread pizza? It tastes good but you can't go back for more because it's over pretty quickly :)
  • tenamarie66
    tenamarie66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine has a YUMMY spinach and mushroom pizza for 300 or so calories.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I make english muffin pizza's,

Get english muffins topppings you like and some pizza sauce, quick and delicious!! I also use pesto instead of sauce, amazing!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut Deep Dish!! Its so healthy you can taste it in your mouth already!!

Pizza hut is about the equivalent to eating greasy vomit. I hope the OP chooses wiser.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with those that say just to go ahead and have it. Either make it your cheat meal for the week/month or find a way to make it fit into your calories. I also eat about 1000 calories in pizza and wings just about every week and it hasn't stopped me yet!

It helps to make slightly better choices on toppings if you want to eat more like veggies only on thin crust but it all depends on how you want to make it work for you. I do veggie toppings but found thin crust wasn't filling enough so I ended up eating more.

It's not what we eat that puts the weight on, it's how much we eat and what we do with the fuel the food gives us.
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I order veggie pizzas with no cheese... I love it so much!! yum!