Awesome Husbands

Options

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    My husband is awesome,he works 13 hour days (sometimes for no pay since hes commision).He busts his butt for us. He always tells me im beautifull,and reminds me not to worry about the little things.The other day on his ONLY day off I fell asleep and woke to a spotless house,and he did the laundry. He holds my hair if I puke,and thinks I look sexy with a hangover. Im told im beautifull and perfect daily. Hes compleatly awesome.

Now lets hear about everyone elses awesome SO

I knew you were going to do this! LOL!!!!!

George has been my rock.... he was there when I was diagnosed no longer capable of having more children and held me the few days I just fell apart.

George definitely made people's heads turn when he willingly embraced being a father-figure to my daughter. He defended her when things got rough, and helped guide her when her own father sucked at it.

He gives me the support I need in no matter what Im doing or not-doing... Since discovering 'new' things in my current medical care, he has given me 150% unconditional support and has even taken the time to understand the things I have to look out for with regard to the foods we bring home: it was a wake-up call to him on the things Im allergic to or sensitive to.

He willingly tries, and so far has enjoyed all of my creations that are low-carbohydate focused.... but I make sure his favorites are also prepared as well as I dont want him to go without... All I have to hear is "sighhhhhhhhhh I ate really good" - and he is out like a light in five minutes! LOL He loves being married to a chef who has a medical background - he actually lost 18lbs so far!

And, when family has attempted to give me s***, he is right there by my side unconditionally....

We have been together for 12 years, two of which we are married. I still love him just as much as I did 12 years ago.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    DSC03630.JPG

shorthairhotness.JPG

MINE!

*EDIT*

Every time I squish him and say "mine!" he pretend to explode and makes explode-y noises. Get it? It's cute.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Seriously Mine hasnt posted!!!! Thats it!!! Im going to get all bent out of shape and go post a "WIVES....." thread
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My husband is my rock. I can't even begin to explain all that he does for me. Every morning he wakes me up by rubbing my back in circles and tells me, 'It's time to wake up Sammi.' So sweet. Then he actually puts lunches together since I'm a slug in the morning. I've started school again, so sometimes he makes dinner too. He always does the dishes and the laundry. (I'm spoiled, I know). That's on top of him working full time as a software engineer and continuing with his own education to gain certifications and advance his knowledge of other programming languages.

I've been going through a rough time lately with trying to manage being back in school full time, working a job that is frustratingly difficult, trying to keep up with things at home, and managing part of an art cooperative. He writes me little letters telling me how smart and beautiful I am, and how he thinks I am a strong woman and I can get through this.

He's been a constant support and my cheerleader while working through significant medical issues and during my weight loss journey.

He always reminds me that our future is bright and we have a lot to look forward to. It's always helpful because sometimes I'm so caught up in the present, and it's nice to be reminded what we're working towards.

He's the greatest a girl could ever have.

AND he's devastatingly gorgeous. ;)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I could write a book on my husband's awesomeness but I'll try to keep it below ten pages. ;)

He is a man who works long, hard hours to provide for us and never complains. We've been having car troubles for over two months and I've never yet seen him throw a fit, a wrench or even heard him swear. (He says he has but I haven't heard it.) When he's not working for his boss he's busy doing something for someone else (usually me!)

Whenever I get obsessed with something he is there to support and encourage me. I wanted chickens, he finally agreed (I wore him down!) and the man has built me TWO chicken coops! Not to mention putting up with baby chickens in the house and my crazy love affair with them. I wanted to learn to decorate cakes so a few years ago he bought me a whole bunch of cake decorating stuff and paid for classes for me. Now that I do it as a hobby/almost side job he's more involved than I ever thought he'd be. He helps me with support (structure of the cake), transporting and building it and builds my cake stands for me as well as just encouraging me. He is of course happy to help taste test my recipes. ;)Right now since we're down to using his work van that only seats one he's out running around buying the cake supplies I need for a big cake I have coming up.

He is always running all over creation to pick up whatever thing I bought off craigslist. Including the set of weights, bench, barbell and dumbbells I bought that we had to go get after he'd worked and commuted all day long. Did I mention it was an hour and a half drive one way to get them? Never complains. Never grumbles. Always tells me I'm beautiful and that he thinks I'm amazing. One year he signed his anniversary card to me "Love, Your Awestruck Husband".

He is an amazing dad too. He's stayed up all night with sick kids so I could get sleep, helped clean up when kids got sick, never quailed at changing a dirty diaper and enjoys being around his kids. He knows what their interests are, knows their friends and makes it a point to be involved in their lives. Not as an overbearing, hard to please ogre but as an encourager who loves to teach them and applaud their successes as well as soothe and empathize with their failures.

He is amazing and a true gift to me and anyone else who knows him. I've never met a man who has as much integrity as he does. I have to go call him and tell him how much I love him now so you're only getting eight pages. :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like it:
    When mine does the "accidental" brush by on my boobs then giggles like a 13 yo boy.
    When he says "let's get dressed up like grown-ups and go out".
    That he gets teary at the ASPCA commercials and has to change the channel; then hugs our dog and tells him he's a good boy.
    That he doesn't expect me to do his laundry.

And that after 20 years he thinks I'm pretty even though I'm 100lbs bigger than when we met.
  • cramernh
    Options
    DSC03630.JPG

shorthairhotness.JPG

MINE!

*EDIT*

Every time I squish him and say "mine!" he pretend to explode and makes explode-y noises. Get it? It's cute.

He is a hottie! What a great smile and the eyes just tell you how much trouble he likes to get into.... LOL!
  • cramernh
    Options
    Seriously Mine hasnt posted!!!! Thats it!!! Im going to get all bent out of shape and go post a "WIVES....." thread

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    My husband is awesome!!! Right now I'm the only one cooking (I try to make ahead and then just re-heat) so if he's home at the same time as me making dinner will play with the kids so they are not underfoot. He's sometimes late coming home from work because he goes to work out.....which will not only help him lose a little weight but also help strengthen his heart (his dad had his first heart attack in his 70s and passed away last February). Trying to keep him around longer which is why I'm trying to get him to work out.

I may have to break down a little to get him to see how stressed I am but he gets it. He understands the very tense relationship I have with my mom and sympathizes, he knows I'm the only one doing the cooking/shopping/pick ups and drop offs for the kids with my parents and working full time. He has started stepping it up and before he went to bed last night he cleaned up the kitchen.

As much as he frustrates me, he went back to school shortly after we got married because I wanted him to have a college degree and now he has had his job for 5 years and love is. He is an awesome husband and totally supportive. When I got to over 210 lbs with both of my pregnancies he lied to me that I weighed more than him (with the first.....not with the second!!!) He's always told me I'm beautiful and sexy and when I complain about the destruction that my children created to my body (massive amounts of stretch marks) he tells me that they are not ugly and that they are beautiful because they were gotten from carrying our beautiful children.

I wouldn't trade him for anything!!!!

(and he's 6'6", gorgeous and I believe he's God's gift to me for surving the lack of dating in high school and college)
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    hmm where to start :

1- He is a chef - so I am well fed - thus why i'm an MFP addict
    2 - constantly buys me clothes, perfumes and other gifts
    3 - i'm sound asleep every single night because he tells me I do not have to worry about anything thus should not be thinking
    4 - he's a second mommy to my baby
    5 - he's my best friend, best motivator and the only one I trust will be honest with me
    6 - has already put money aside for a tummy tuck when we are done having kids - I did not have to ask for this.
    7 - most importantly he's always there no matter what, be it wether we hate each other for the moment, if I need anything at all he is available.

To all the awesome husbands.. thanks:bigsmile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My husband exasperates me, entertains me, baffles me, excites me, loves me, amuses me, infuriates me, pampers me, satisfies me, protects me, flatters me, makes me feel pretty no matter what I'm wearing or doing, makes feel lucky to have him and lets me know he thinks he's lucky to have me. He certainly isn't perfect, but he's perfect for me.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    mines 2 years younger.. IN TRAINING hahahahaahhhahah

Mine is 11 years younger (yeah, I'm a cougar). He is steady, loving, passionate, mature. He is the rock I need to get me through my rough seas. He is gentle and sweet, he wakes me up every morning with gentle rubs and "time to get up, baby". I do take care of all of the domestic duties, but he does the heavy lifting for me and never complains. He supports me in my journey with words of love and encouragement. He knows how to share his feelings and doesn't bottle things up. He understands communication and is actually better at it than I am.

I am a very lucky woman to have such a great husband, lover and bestest friend ever :heart:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options

He is a hottie! What a great smile and the eyes just tell you how much trouble he likes to get into.... LOL!
    LOL
    and thank you! He does like trouble.

He also used to have super long hair
    P7120003.jpg
    hehehe
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    This thread just keeps making my smile get bigger and bigger...I'm so glad that there are some of us on here who actually APPRECIATE and respect our significant others!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    YAY for awesome husbands / boyfriends / partners / significant other :smile:

My boyfriend of 13 years is the best! he was 29 years old when we got together (I was 31). I have 3 boys whom he has raised like his own! They were 5, 8 and 10 at the time. He does not have children and sacraficed having any of own to be with me (tube ties, yes I know they can be reversed, but mucho expensive!!)

He is rarely in a bad mood, always happy and smiling! And a bonus?? I love his mom too!! MY mother in law rocks!!

edit: i forgot to add.......when my real life friends complain about theirs, I hate it! I have nothing bad to day and usually just sit quiet, I love my future husband!!

edit: he also buys most of my wardrobe!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    My husband is a gigantic, strong man. He can work hard for our family, fix all kinds of stuff in our house, get all dirty and grimy, taught me how to fish and do archery. He is a gentle giant. I love how huge he is...6 foot 9, a foot and 3 inches taller than me. I love that he can pick me up like a rag doll and make me feel completely small, feminine and delicate. I love how he is sensitive enough to get on his knees and pray for our family, and how every Sunday he gently puts his arm around my shoulder and we take communion together...and the first thing he does is thank God for me when he prays.

I love how he loves my children as if they were his own. Over Christmas break my son was in the ER. My husband sat in the ER with him all night-then at 7 a.m. he left and went straight to work and worked his shift. I love the way he held me gently all night a couple of years ago while I was going through a terribly painful miscarriage at 12 and a half weeks along. I felt so safe with him there. I love how he patiently taught all of my kids to fish...even when it meant having to put worms on every kid's hook every time they cast too hard and the worm flew off. :laugh: I love sitting by a bonfire with him and gazing at the stars silently. We often don't need to talk to communicate.

He is such a amazing guy. He loves God before all else, and he loves me with a fiery passion and he treats me like a queen.

I love hopping in his big loud white truck and just flying down a bumpy dirt road with him, spending some time outdoors. We just "click". We love a lot of the same things and really enjoy the little bit of alone time we get together.

God really blessed me when he sent my husband into my life. He is my guardian angel.
  • pirateDeb
    pirateDeb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Dont tell him I said this(cant have his ego getting too big now), but hes pretty great.

Works 60 hour weeks to bring home the bacon, and lets me run the house as well. Helps me when I need it, gets out of my way when I dont. Manages our finances, and secretly cares and worries for my kitties, especially the oldest who is mildly asthmatic.

He tolerates my mood swings and my crazy, and never lies. He lets me sneak vegetables into his food, enjoys my cooking, and is always more than willing to communicate with me(no one else believes me, but he never shuts up!).

I joke that I am the man, and he is the woman, because I am more technically minded, he is more tactful and docile, and he is more emotionally honest and open that I think I could EVER be. We have been together through thick and thin (figuratively and literally, lol), and he supports my efforts, no matter what crazy avenue I try to go down. He is my rock :)
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    HAHA Jovi he is beautiful!! He looks mischevious. I bet you two get into all kinds of trouble!

Here's mine.

253715_10150613696105597_601440596_18648721_1226122_n.jpg

LOL!!

n510395477_6849457_6187756.jpg

284108_10150706064860024_600495023_19397257_3569075_n.jpg

PS - I can't stop smiling now. :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Even though we are not married, My boyfriend is AMAZING!!!!!! He cooks ~ frequently..... and well. If he notices that the laundry is full, he does it. If he sees that the trash needs to go, he takes it. He wakes me up every morning just to tell me that he loves me before he leaves. He texts me to ask how my day is going. Every night when we go to sleep, he holds me just right. I fit so perfectly against his body. He tells me all the time how lucky he is that I am his. He kills all the spiders that I squeal like a 4 year old over. He gives the best kisses and most loving hugs. I could not have found a better man for me if I searched a million years.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I also know that my 3 sons will someday be awesome husbands because they have him as such as a great role model! I just keep coming back with more :smile: