I WANT PIZZA!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    No I'm telling you guys, Stefano Foods Whole Wheat Pizza Dough!! I find it in the deli department at Food Lion. Just oil a pan, spread out the dough, top it, and bake for 20 min at 450. YOU CANNOT TELL IT'S WHOLE WHEAT!! I'm serious. I buy all my Food Lion has put out when I go and my freezer is stocked! We have it every Friday night and top it with all kinds of stuff!

Thanks Lori! I went to the Stefano website & hope to find their ww dough in my local market this weekend
  • Baildavc
    Options
    The issue i see with pizza is leftovers. If its in the fridge the next day you will eat it. So order a size smaller than normal and enjoy yourself just make sure you order just enough and avoid having temptations the next morning.
  • abbeyroad91
    abbeyroad91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get Weight Watchers frozen pizza xD They taste good! Portion control is key =] and it's easy and quick for a college student =] but pizza is my favorite thing - I will never give it upxD
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    2 pieces of bread are normally like 100 calories or so then salsa which is almost nothing, maybe 20calories and a piece of mozerella string cheese which is 70calories...so for 190calories you can have 2 heat at home little spicy pizzas...for 35 calories more add turkey pepperoni.
  • AMartinez113
    Options
    If it's an option, also consider thin crust. Aside from cheese and meats, a lot of calories come from the thick crusts and deep-dishes.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a repeat, but Hubby and I just discovered this easy schmeezy pizza recipe last week and he's been using it especially.

1 Whole Wheat pita bread
    1/2 c marinara sauce (we use Classico Roasted Onion)
    a bit of mozzerella cheese
    fresh veggies of your choice such as peppers, onion, etc etc etc.

Toast the pita bread a bit to get it slightly crunchy (like 2 min). Then top as you would a pizza, stick it back in the toaster oven on broil until the veggies are crisp as you like them and the cheese is bubbly.

Low cal and delish! Satisfies the pizza craving every time!!!

-Debra
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    go thin crust, light cheese light to no sauce with lots of veggies. thats what i get and then put a lil hot/buffalo sauce!! mm yum lol
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have made zucchini pizza. We take a zucchini, split it down the middle lengthwise... we scrape out all of the insides and then put the zucchini insides in a bowl, mix it with some tomato sauce, parm, mozzarella, whatever else.. then scoop the mixture into the zucchini shells, add a lil bit of cheese on top and some olives, bake it at like 350 for like 20 mins I believe? Until the cheese on top is melty... each half of a zucchini was about 100-120 calories, and two were more than enough!!!

If you want the exact recipe, just message me!
  • repoman150
    repoman150 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yea, once in a while i throw caution to the wind and eat pizza too!!!! sometimes ill even order from my favorite place, and freeze the pizza in seperate portions...kind of like a treat when i run extra, or workout extra hard that week!!! or...just make sunday my pizza day...moderation of course :)
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Papa Murphy's Delite crust pizza. All Meat or Papa's favorite.. Yum !!!
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    i just ordered dominos lol
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i just ordered dominos lol

I heard Dominoes has a pizza that's low calorie, It's called Artisan and is made with spinach & feta cheese....
  • tanias001
    tanias001 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    if it fits into your macro's then eat it. have a piece then have a plateful of salad with it.
  • camille_1441
    Options
    I like to take a piece of Nann bread or pita bread then put fresh motzerella, spinich, tomato, mushroom and sometimes some sasuage or pepperoni but it honestly tastes so good without it as well.
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Buy the kid sized pizza from pizza hut... keeps you from over doing it and its like $4
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I made a "pizza" of sauce, skim mozzarella and turkey pepperoni in a portabello mushroom cap and it was...SO not satisfying or anything like the real thing, haha.

I'd rather go for a slice or two of the real thing, either order the kid's pizzas or grab a 99cent slice, gets the job done and cravings gone for a little while
  • amanda88lee
    Options
    When you are really craving something an alternative won't work, for every slice you eat do a 30 minute work out (or more) so when you treat, you also treat yourself to some exercise!
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    On Tuesday I made the following pizza
    1 Wheatmeal Pita pocket
    Tomato paste
    Crushed pineapple in juice
    Ham (like 60grams)
    Mushrooms
    Cheese

Add any other veges you want, I was thinking spinach but I ran out of space.

You don't need much cheese and the wheatmeal pita pocket is less cals than pizza base (well I think)
  • ElisaMarie82
    Options
    If you do about 70 minutes on an elliptical you can burn 750 calories! That's THREE pieces of Little Ceasars cheese pizza! :wink:
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Those Chef Boyardee pizza kits aren't too bad! I made a cheese one (with LOTS of veges on it) and ate half the 12" pizza for 771 calories (if I was doing pizza, I was DOING PIZZA). I fit it in my calories too by doing an extra workout - my dinners are usually 350-550 anyway, so it wasn't a HUGE stretch. But for 1/4 of the "kit" (dough, sauce, and Parmesan it comes with) is only 260 calories, and then I added part skim-milk mozzarella cheese - an ounce on each 1/4 of the pizza, so 80 calories in cheese for 1/4th of it. Then I just added peppers, onions, tomatoes, and garlic. It was absolutely delicious and awesome, and 10000% worth it! It is definitely something I'll do again - it is so nice to know I can still "throw down" a pizza with my husband every now and then. :happy:

ETA: Oh, and the carbs for 1/4 of the pizza is 58, which yeah, is a little high, but 11 of those are from the veges. I don't worry if I go over on carbs every now and then (only went over by 6 anyways.)