MET ANYONE FAMOUS?

Options

Replies

• ncates00
    Options
    David Crowder from the David Crowder Band!
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not from California but I've met Will Smith, Johnny Depp, opera singer Katherine Jenkins, McFly, Pink, Basshunter (haha), Jedward, Bill Bailey, Simon Amstell, Girls Aloud, Elliot Minor, Reemer, Jimmy Carr, Ed Sheeran, Harry from One Direction, Alexander Skarsgard and Bjorn Borg.
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    To sum a long and interesting story short. Met and had drinks with all members of Sonata Arctica, and some members of Triosphere as well as Labrynth...... Ex wasn't *too* happy as the day after was our 4 year anniversary and we had an entire day planned :-D
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I met Taylor Swift at the airport in Chicago, right when she was starting to be famous. She was incredibly nice and took pictures with me and my sister.
  • teachfl2
    teachfl2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I met Nicholas Sparks at a book signing here in Florida a couple of years ago! Love his books!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Dianne Weist, Wes Anderson and Bill Murray, Blythe Danner, Jessica Simpson (not sure about this one actually, I just saw her) and I went to school with Lenny Kravitz's daughter, Zoe, and Peter Frampton's son, Julian. This was all when I lived in New York.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    During the last season of LOST he visited with his niece!
    I threatened to kick people out if they asked him 1 question about the show!
    5695_1210835314964_1351172738_30606992_4357629_n.jpg
  • SixPackIsMyGoal
    SixPackIsMyGoal Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I fly between Europe and Newark quite a bit. I have sat next to Jimmy Fallon and Edge (from U2) a few times. Accidentally bumped into Molly Sims once in the airport, she smiled, gave me a wink, I nearly fainted. Recently got delayed at the airport in Toronto and had a drink with Sebastian Bach (lead singer of skid row) in the bar while we waited for the weather to clear.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Michael Palin, Alan Titchmarsh (British gardener/writer), Charile Higgson, Garth Nix..... Yeah I worked in a book store and met lots of authors! Ian Rankin was really nice, Higgson was really shy! Scott Lynch (Lies of Lock Lamora ) came over for a tour when the book was really new, we took him out drinking, was an awesome night!
  • kassandra81
    Options
    I met Alanis Morissette a few times when I was a kid, she was a cousin of a friend of mine. This is when she was a pop singer and a local girl. I've met John Cena and have a picture with him, met Tom Green, and I think that's it. Oh, and Sarah Polley. I'm in Ottawa, Canada - so definately not a hot spot for people to hang, lol.
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    I've met:
    Steven Tyler
    all members of the Black Eyed Peas (all cool and friendly as hell!)
    all members of Greenday
    Nelly (a total doll!)
    Steven Van Zandt (shy and reserved)
    Billy & Stephen Baldwin, and their mom (Stephen is a nice guy)
    Shirley Jones
    LL Cool J and his entire family (he's gorgeous and personable)
    Jose Reyes and his wife and girls (beautiful people, inside and out)

As far as sightings go the list would be too long. NY is full of celebs
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous! My sister and I went to her show in Chicago last August, and wanted to meet her sooo bad.
  • kayleystar
    kayleystar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm not from California, but I've met quite a few.
    -Emilie Autumn (Victorian Industrial Violinist/Artist/Poet)
    -Papa Roach
    -Hinder
    -Godsmack
    -The Birthday Massacre

Those are just off the top of my head....I used to go to a lot of shows, and usually hung around to meet the bands.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Went to hs with carrie underwood..
    Worked for : steven Jones ( cowboys owner)
    Jeff Foxworthy
    And Bruce Willis
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    the jonas brothers, hahahha.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I live in Stratford, Ontario which is Justin Bieber's hometown. I knew him and his Mom when he was about 7!! lol

I didn't meet them, but I saw Ty Pennington and Elijah Wood when visiting NYC.
  • jennifields
    jennifields Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    While attending UCLA, I worked at a mall lots of stars shopped at. Lots of people, though I didn't always recognize them without the glitz and makeup. Usually my co-workers would tell me after they left. Melanie Griffith announced herself, just in case I didn't know her. Lisa Marie Presley hid behind a hat and wouldn't talk to any of us. But my favorite was Jim Carrey. He came into the store late in the evening, no one else was there, and he knew exactly why all of us were busy pretending not to notice him. So, rather than being coy or jerky, he entertained us. Started juggling shampoo bottles and "almost" dropping them. He was fabulous...
  • LeSsOvMe
    LeSsOvMe Posts: 117
    Options
    I met, and had my picture taken with Tracy Lawrence before he got popular in a small town Iowa Highschool auditorium concert. :)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    the day before my 27th birthday, my hubby and i met frank calliendo..it was my birthday gift :happy:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Not really...maybe a few Canadian celebs.

A few years back when I was in New York city I ran into the guy that played Shawn from Boy Meets world on the subway...does that count? haha