When will you stop using MFP?

Options

Replies

• MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I will stop using mfp when mfp shuts down..if it never shuts down, then I will never stop using it..this site is amazing..don't just stop using it because u reached ur goal..some stop and regain, do u want to be that person that regains because u stop using this site???
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I'm thinking I'm in it for life. If something better comes out I might switch, but I really love this site and will continue to use it. There will always be a new goal to meet. There is no such thing as good enough.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I think I'll keep using it as long as I have the app on my phone. It makes it so easy to log no matter where I am.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Life, after I reach my goal I will continue offering support to my buddies who haven't..............:flowerforyou:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    it will take me awhile to get away from MFP it's a big part of my life now, but one day it'll come, maybe in like 2yrs? that's realistic, I have to finish losing the other half of my weight, look at where I want to be overall, build muscle, etc. . .
  • Innae
    Innae Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As long as it's here I'll log.:drinker:

Same here! !!!:bigsmile:

Adding another to the list -- I don't think I can keep it off without help.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I will keep using it. It has helped me in so many ways so I will keep using it.
  • bex_86_
    bex_86_ Posts: 92
    Options
    I think I'll be here for quite a while. I lost quite a bit of weight a few years back, but had no luck maintaining it.
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. 238 down to 168, got pregnant and gained and continued to gain got up to 242 and now on mfp and on my way back down. I'll be here!
    I have been mentally preparing myself for this idea for a the last few weeks. I'm on the home stretch... under 40 lbs to go. BUT the statistic on people who REGAIN significant weight lost are disgusting. 95% of people who lose significant weight regain it!

So I've been prepping for the idea of switching to maintenance once I reach my goal. I think this will actually be more important than losing the weight itself.

Aiming to become part of a 5% success rate is scary...

I am part of that 95% I was 145, down to 115, then 4 years later back up to 160 so I think this time I will stick with MFP so I dont have to be part of that 95% again.
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is for LIFE!!

-- Plus i have alot of awesome friends on here! i love it more than facebook..
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Never, it's the only thing that has helped me maintain a loss of 120 lbs!
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    personally i dont want to log for ever but i dont see myself leaving anytime soon either. i want to establish healthy eating and good fitness habits as my way of life. i love the motivation this site provides for myself and others. ROCK ON MFP!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Honestly, logging every single day is so boring... Well trying to keep up with inputting everything gets a little too much for me. I think honestly what helps me eat better and stay consistent with working out is the overwhelming but great information on here from the PEOPLE OF MFP. Honestly if it wasn't for my MFP friends and the forums, I wouldn't know what to do and would stil be 50 pounds overweight. I honestly don't like logging everything but I do it anyways because of the great feedback I receive. But once I hit maintainece mode I will definitely keep the weight off no doubt but physically logging things in will probably decline. I love motivating others, encouraging and providing the best support I can. I'll be on it for a while. :)
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I keep thinking I would when .... but then it IS my social network and being of the focus it is, I think I am in it for life. My Fitness Pals are soooo AWESOME and a great support to me, even now I have been at my goal for a few months. I have new goals, fitness related many of them (I mean there is social fitness, financial fitness, etc. as well).

If I would let go of MFP it may be to use something better :noway:
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    When I get to my goal weight AND am 100% confident my lifestyle has changed that I don't need to track everything to maintain, then I'll likely back off. I probably won't completely leave MFP because of the community and my hope to support others in their goals, but I won't be tracking like I do now.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I'm going to keep using it for a few years at least. I need to re-train myself to eat properly for LIFE, not just for now.
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Keep using it for sure. I'm on this site more than any others anymore. It's become second nature to me to log everything and look things up in the message boards. Love it. I don't know what I would do without it. It helped changed my world and has helped me not go back to my old bad habits.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Never. I'm in for life.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    can't imagine stopping. so many benefits.
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I plan to keep using MFP for maintenance once I get to my goal weight. The journey to get where I am now has been challenging, I know the rest isn't going to be easy either so why would I just quit once I get there? I might be a little more lax about it, but I REFUSE to throw away all my hard work!
    I totally agree. I think that will be my plan too.