Options

Replies

• tinydancer24
    Options
    never!
  • brit7880
    brit7880 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say never.. hopefully when i reach my goal i can switch to maintain weight. I need to hold myself accountable.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm never going to stop using it O_____________O
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I've been continuing to use it even though I hit my goal weight in November. The idea of not using it kinda scares me... lol
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I use MFP exclusively to log my food and keep track of my calories. I manually set my calorie goals based on my BMR and my long term goals - I don't let MFP do it automatically.

When I reach my goal weight I still plan on logging food and keeping track of my calories... I'm not on a diet, I'm eating healthy for the rest of my life.

So, unless I find a tool that I like better than MFP for logging and tracking my food I probably won't stop.
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'll use it as long as they offer it. I really love this site... it is invaluable to me.

Ditto!!! :smile:
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'll probably stop a bit after I reach my goal, by that time I should be confident in my choices and know portions and things like that.
  • pilgrimscrybe
    pilgrimscrybe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal a few weeks ago and I still use MFP as much as I did while losing weight -- it is a tool that helps me control my eating and exercise and keep me at my goal.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for 6 months and I still log almost everyday. It's looking like I'll probably be tracking my calories forever if I want to keep this weight off.
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'll never stop. I LOVE MFP!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I will never stop.. Too many great people, even though I am almost happy with where I am at, I think it is great to support others on here who need the support =]
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I will keep using it after my goals are met. I keep finding new goals, so it'll be a while. Probably do a food diary for one week a month when I'm maintaining just to make sure I'm not slipping back into old habits and larger portions.

And now that I've met all these awesome friends, I would hate to just say goodbye. Perhaps once we have all gotten to our goal weights, we'll have to get on facebook together. My husband refers to mfp as Fatbook. hahaha I said "You mean FITbook."
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I see no reason for me to stop using MFP I love it.. so unless this site shuts down I'm here to stay :-)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Until I find a better way to keep a food diary I will continue to use it. I find MFP very helpful.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My plan is to start maintenance using MFP. Probably for a few months or so until I have figured out a happy maintenance cal range. Eventually I may try taking a week or so off, and use the scale as a judge, then if/when I gain a couple it will mean back to the basics.

Logging and being "aware" is what is working for me. I don't plan on totally stopping MFP, possibly ever. I know my weight will always be a struggle and MFP will be here to help me when I need it.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    silly question... I wont.... 3 years and going strong, best three years of my life.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Probably when I reach my goal weight and successfully maintain for as long as I am happy. Even then, I'll probably still use it and utilize the forums and be active with my friends even if I don't log all the time.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Once I reach my goal, I will go into maintenance for atleast 3-6 months. Then I want to do it on my own. I love MFP, its a fabulous tool, but I want to trust myself and know I won't go out of control eating, etc. I know for a fact that I am working way to hard to blow it all up. I will though kep my account up and running:smile:
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I've gotten used to tracking the good, the bad, and the ugly of my daily food intake and (lately lack of) exercise. As long as I have easy access to a computer throughout the day, I think I'll keep tracking even after I get this weight off.

This... it helps keep me aware and accountable.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I may stop logging calories after being at goal for 6-12 months but after that will still continue to stay to support and encourage others! (: