Tell me about the food you just discovered

Options
13»

Replies

• pepermin
    Options
    Frozen Greek Yogurt - my grocery store just started stocking it! It comes in five flavors, but unfortunately, not chocolate. But the blueberry pomegranate is really good. It's not super low in calories (140 per half cup), but is really rich, so I get satisfied really quickly. It's awesome for eating out of the pint and is half the calories of my favorite ice cream pint (death by chocolate at 250 cal per half cup).
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I know that I can't stand vinegar at all. I use bolthouse farms yogurt dressings. I love their ranch and caesar. Very yummy. They have a lot of good ones that I haven't personally tried yet, but I've heard good things about them all.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Id never eaten homus before.... LOVE IT! Actually, falafel and salad in a wrap - never had that before either - now I crave it!

(In hindesight eating these types of things might have made the 5 weeks I spent in Egypt a bit more enjoyable lol)
  • Spaghetti squash as a substitute for wheat or white pasta! Half the carbs, half the calories, and double the nutrients! Really yummy too :-)
  • elizaspride
    Options
    Plain cous cous. It's amazing how little you need to feel full, and it cooks almost instantly.
  • dcdickerson2
    dcdickerson2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, spaghetti squash all the way! Definitely one of my faves. Toss with a little marinara loaded with mushrooms and chopped up vegies and sprinkle with a little Parmesan or Romano cheese. Mmmmm.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Almond-Coconut milk. It tastes like a pina colada. I'm not sure I'll actually eat cereal with this, because the thin consistency weirds me out, but I'll definitely try.

Zucchini! Shredded some up using a cheese grater and put it on pizza with ricotta cheese a couple of weeks ago, just sliced some up and cooked it with ground turkey to have in tacos, and later in the week I'll have it with tomatoes in a wrap or on tortellini.
    Yum :)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Joseph's Flax Pita Bread and La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Tortillas. Makes restricted carbs a little easier.

And Greek Yogurt. Use it instead of sour cream, lower carbs and sodium and more protein.
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Chobani Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt. Add the strawberries and Splenda and I am in heaven!