Just binged now feel like quitting :(

Options

Replies

• ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You're worth more than that -- don't allow a minor set back to dictate your actions.

Commence with taking it one day at a time and making one healthy decision after the next. Quitting is not the easy way out, I assure you.

You can do this.

Take control of your life by picking yourself up and continuing to pursue your goals.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    this was posted a loooong time ago lol, hope it played out well.

I was thinking that too. Lol.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Every good decision counts, remember that.
  • anniebeevee
    Options
    Just an FYI, and this thread may still be helpful for others in the same boat, but it is 8 MONTHS old!!!
  • 57scoutmaster
    Options
    Ok whats done is done ( **it happens) ... now lets get back on track
  • 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lol, one binge? Check out my diary for the 28th and 29th :) accept you are human and as so we binge occasionally.
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    You are not the only one. Just take a look at my diary food. I usually do SUPER binges.
    Well, I try to do my best on the next day. it is difficult though.

So, I really know how you are feeling
  • Lovelyhal
    Lovelyhal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That was yesterday!!!! Leave it behind - today you start fresh - and make your good choices today and get a sense of achievement. In the long run your good choices will win - a step at a time. YOu can do it - proud of you for getting it off your chest. Now put it away and keep going!!! Atta girl!!!
  • jtandy6
    jtandy6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i had a HORRIBLE weekend of eating (tends to happen to me on weekends) and i ate 2.5 times as many calories as i'm supposed to. but i'm back at it today and feeling great! you can make a fresh start.
  • rginsburg75
    Options
    Don't quit. Remember, we all have rough days. Think of tomorrow as a new day & join us again. :-)
  • jjmamaof3
    jjmamaof3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't you give up everyone has bad days but I will be here to pick you back up and help you get started again, don't give up you can do it!!!!!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hooray for support 8 months later!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I believe there are a few of us in your shoes tonight!!! I came through the door with chocolate and chips. Got very upset because I didn't drop a pound this week. I am exercising pretty hard core every day and some nights as well, and I have been eating healthy. UGH!!! Tomorrow is another day. We WILL GET BACK ON TRACK!!!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just joined myfitnesspal and started reading some posts. I usually don't post anything on any website, but I had to say something to you. It’s okay to feel like quitting; but it's not okay to quit. Everybody has weak moments, and loses focus of our ultimate goal. But think of all the hard work that you are doing, just to let one day of "hardcore binging" make you quit. NO WAY! You just wake up in the morning, and start your day with your goal in mind. Focus on the positive changes you have made. Most of all, remember that the way you are feeling now when you feel like binging again. It helps detour you from losing sight again. Take it easy on yourself, nobody is perfect. Those who think they are - ARE NARSISISTIC. And that's way worse then what you are going through temporarily. Hope this helps...
    what she said!!
  • LourdesitaMaria
    LourdesitaMaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don't quit, you can do this! I binged a bit yesterday, and felt really badly. But even in the midst of the binge, I began to plan out my meals for today and getting all my veggies and needed food items together to take to work. This morning I got up and was determined to make today count. In the past, I have quit and that hasn't felt any better than the binge. Believe....we are all here to support you too. You can beat this! :flowerforyou:
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    don't quit :smile: don't freak out about falling off of the wagon, just hop back on and try to do better tomorrow. we had family over yesterday and had deep fried turkey and the most amazingly fattning mac n cheese ever and mashed potatoes. i think i tried to eat myself into a food coma but i'm right back at it today :smile: sometimes a day where you say f it all i'm eating what i want keeps you from totally losing it all together. feel free to add me if you want :drinker:
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Heard this the other day, "If you spill a spot of red wine on your white top do you pour the rest of the glass over yourself?". One slip up doesn't mean it's ruined, just dust yourself off and start again with the next meal x
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Don't quit over that! No biggie! Just jump right back on track again. :) You can do it!!!
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find if you do go back on plan the day after binging that it doesnt have that much of a negative effect on the diet. It's binging every day that makes the diet worthless. One day out of 30? 20? even 10, isnt going to effect you much as long as those other 9 days you're on plan.
  • bsalazar24
    Options
    Don't quit!! I splurged over the weekend but got right back on track Monday morning. It's nice to go off track, but the feeling I get isn't worth it at all. I feel so much better when I feed my body correctly. Stay positive, you can do it!!!!!