T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 18!! Welcome!!

Options

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys I'm here.. Just having a rough time.. I'll get through it..

Talk to ya tomorrow..

Anita
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hey Team,

Good Evening everyone..well my son and them came over again for Today.. it was really nice.. he is supose to come back on Tues..

Vegas sounds great...

Anita - I hope all is okay you didnt sound very happy...a little worried about you..

team.. I have to be short right now cuz my computer is still broke and I am using someone elses..:cry::cry: :cry: I am dieing without it...

sheila
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Sending my good thoughts to everyone tonight.
    Anita...I hope you're alright. Thinking of you...
    Sheila's computer...Get well soon. Don't make us bring out the slipper.
    Indianagranny...My prayers for you and your friend.
    Everyone else...adopt4, LI4G, April (or is it Anita?), dWray, prayerfulmom, lulu, Maria, and all of the rest of you...
    Sweet dreams. Wishing us all success in our goals this week.

And now I'm going to bed...
    See you in the morning.
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    I've reach my bicycle goal for the week of 75 miles. Down 2 or my 8 mile goal for running.
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Dewdrop – hello, hello!
    Indiana – congrats on moving down to overweight category! I really hate the names for these things. Just another way to measure your success at getting healthy.:drinker:
    Li4g – the holiday sounds wonderful! Too bad I live so far away.
    Anita – hang in there girl...:flowerforyou:

I went to the indoor track tonight and did couchto5k for 60 minutes. Went 4.3 miles!!!! That's an improvement from a couple months ago when I went 3.5 miles in the same time. Going to rest tomorrow. Think I've earned it!:blushing:

Night all :yawn:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I've reach my bicycle goal for the week of 75 miles. Down 2 or my 8 mile goal for running.

Congratulations!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Dewdrop – hello, hello!
    Indiana – congrats on moving down to overweight category! I really hate the names for these things. Just another way to measure your success at getting healthy.:drinker:

I went to the indoor track tonight and did couchto5k for 60 minutes. Went 4.3 miles!!!! That's an improvement from a couple months ago when I went 3.5 miles in the same time. Going to rest tomorrow. Think I've earned it!:blushing:

I need a buttkickin to get back on the c2-5k.... hmmm..actually, nevermind......Im gonna go right now...its finally cooled off enough and If I go for a run now, I'll get back before it gets dark...:tongue: heehee :)

What week are you on now mom?? Im on week 5.....have been for a while... it kills me.. :drinker:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    healthymom2009-awesome! I love hearing about your C25K victories.

LosingIt4good- Did ya do it? Did ya, did ya? I hope you were able to get back on track with your C25K. I’m a firm believer in the program as I did it a few years ago and have been running every since. I’m as slow as a snail but I do it. That is all that matters.

Dang, looked back at my goals and looks like I won’t meet my running goal this week. But next week for sure! I forgot today is Thursday so tomorrow starts a new week. If you’d had seen my week you’d understand why. But I did make my cycling goal.
    I’m sporting neck and shoulderblade pain right now. Went in for a massage yesterday. It helped a little but still pretty painful. Will put off the upperbody strength training.

My goal for next week if the shoulder is willing will be:
    5k walk for The National Kidney Foundation
    8 miles running
    100 miles cycling

Dang if I didn't come in way under calories again. It should help compensate for last weeks gain and this weekends emotional eating I hope. I need to get a bit more creative with eating more carbs. Its amazing how everything seems to have some protein in it and adds up so fast. I went way over on protein yesterday (for my renal diet) despite the fact I came in very low on calories. I-yi-yi
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Good morning, everyone...
    I have to type fast. Waiting for my ride, because I have to go for the dreaded mammogram today.

I took the advice, talked to my sister about her reaction to my fibromyalgia, and we cleared the air. She says she realizes that I have this ailment, but she wants to encourage me to reach my potential. So we talked about me joining Curves...
    Maybe a birthday present for me in September.
    Especially since our local Curves is moving into a new building, just a few blocks from me.

It's always lovely when you can clear the air, eh?

Wishing everyone success today, on that last little head of steam we all want...the day before weigh-in...
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Morning Team...

I am so not having a good Day.... I have been trying to play catch up since we have been back from vacation.. and I am getting over welmed right now.. with my son breaking the car while we were gone and him running up the cell phone bill calling me in Jamaica when there was nothing I could do from over there...its like if its not one thing its another...my niece is having her sons birthday party at my house this weekend since I have the bigger house..but I really am not in the hospitality kind of mood this weekend!!!! my hubbys second job is really slow right now and that is our extra money to catch things up..

anyway I am at my mothers on her computer so I am going to get off of here and I will catch back up later...when I am in a better mood... sry

sheila
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Cyndee- from the research I've done over the years on FM you should continue to due activities just don't push it. Probably hard to know till later. I'm so glad you cleared the air.

Sheila- seems like I stress out over the party prep but then am so blessed by the party itself. Hope your weekend blessed your socks off!:tongue:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Morning, all. Doesn't it seem like we all go thru a rough week at the same time? Kind of interesting.. Cyndee, SO HAPPY you were able to talk things thru with your sister. Happy dance! And swignal, just breathe! You've had a very busy and rough few weeks! Nitag, call me, got your number entered in my phone with the same special ring as losingit...

I went over on cals last night by 200... but again, it's not up to maintenance so I can't be like really mad at myself, I just should have logged it before I crammed it in my mouth... still over on sodium, up 2.5 pounds today, did not drink my water yesterday. Today's a gym day so I do good on water those days.

Been thinking about the carbs thing... I have diabetes but I don't take medication right now (although I should) because it's just a little high. Well when I went to Max Muscle they upped my carbs to 50%. Which now that I think about it is bad for my diabetic diet... so need to flip it back down. Good news is since I upped it I rarely make the carb goal, so I'm eating less than they said. Might also be why I'm a bit more sluggish lately. But I dont' know what to set them too, the 30-40-30 that was suggested another time was too low on fat and I kept going over. I just know I need to lower the carbs. What are ya'lls set on for carbs?
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Been thinking about the carbs thing... I have diabetes but I don't take medication right now (although I should) because it's just a little high. Well when I went to Max Muscle they upped my carbs to 50%. Which now that I think about it is bad for my diabetic diet... so need to flip it back down. Good news is since I upped it I rarely make the carb goal, so I'm eating less than they said. Might also be why I'm a bit more sluggish lately. But I dont' know what to set them too, the 30-40-30 that was suggested another time was too low on fat and I kept going over. I just know I need to lower the carbs. What are ya'lls set on for carbs?

You and I have the opposite problem:smile:
    If you PM me your email address I can send you some information. I work in health education. They are pdf documents.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just checking in...this week is still pretty rough for me. I feel like I just can't get enough sleep. This morning I had caffeine and at lunch I gave in and had more. Due to this I am already WAY over on sugar! I just can't wait till the weekend...I know you never technically get caught up on sleep but I feel like there's a possibility.

Sheila, I hope your stress level balances out! Seems like you have a lot going on right now. One thing at a time :happy:
    Cindy, good to hear you cleared the air with your sister. :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone else is having a great week and HAPPY THURSDAY!
    J.
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Dewdrop – hello, hello!

Good job Healthymom!!! I can't wait to be able to get back into doing the Couch 2 5K.
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Hi Team

I have wonderful news to share today. - Surprise Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I accidentally step on the scale this morning - sorry and although I won't share the pounds losts I will share this - I TODAY AM OFFICIALLY IN THE OVERWEIGHT CATERGORY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I With everything going on and not getting in much exercise, I don't know how this is happening but I am just going to try and take advantage and hope it don't come back. I did sorry to say changed my ticker this time only but will make sure to change it if things differ on Friday. I am g
    going to try to not let it go up. I am just .2 under so got some work to do by Friday

Sheila - I am so happy for you. Glad to hear you got to see your grandson and son. Hope things went well.

Anita - where are you girl? Missing your posts.

Dewdrop - nice to read your post

Adopt4 - glad you had a good family time out.

Prayerfulmom - wow to 2000 calories left. WTG

Healthymom - good supper and got your walk in.

Kristi - hoping things settled down for you soon and you can get back to normal

Well I GOT TO GO EAT THE EXERCISING BE BACK LATER.

LI4G - planning on checking your website out this weekend. I can't wait to do that.

WTG Indianagrammy!!!!!
    I love how you said you accidentally stepped on the scale :laugh:
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Sorry guys I'm here.. Just having a rough time.. I'll get through it..

Talk to ya tomorrow..

Anita

Everything ok? :flowerforyou:
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    This is my last post today.
    I have to stop all food and drink at 9 tonight, then go for bloodwork at 8:45. Since I'm normally awake by 6 a.m., that's going to be a very long time without my caffeine...:yawn:

Anyway, I'm just finishing up my 8th bottle of water...drinking the last half cup of decaf, then I'm going to veg on the couch, feel sorry for myself, go to bed early so that I can forget about how badly I want my Thinsations - my usual bedtime snack.

But I'm semi-optimistic about weigh-in tomorrow, so I'll see you then...
    Good night, all. Wishing you big successes at weigh-in.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    LosingIt4good- Did ya do it? Did ya, did ya? I hope you were able to get back on track with your C25K. I’m a firm believer in the program as I did it a few years ago and have been running every since. I’m as slow as a snail but I do it. That is all that matters.

I did, I did week 5 and felt like I was gonna die.. LOL Altho, it felt wonderful to get it done I was just so tired. I think the reason Im having some issues with the 5th week is because I went from doing it at the gym on the treadmill to doing it outside around my neighborhood. I like it better running outside but it takes more out of me for some reason. Maybe cuz I have to carry my water bottle the whole time where at the gym I just put it in the little cupholder and do my thing and when I need it its there. Im gonna have to see if Allie still has her camelpack cuz i hate carrying that bottle while I run, but I cant not have it either!

I plugged in a movie afterwards and did alot of stretching and ab exercise work too. My hips were a little sore this morning, but now they are ok. I was wanting to go to the gym this morning, but my allergies are simply draining me in the AM until my allergy pill kicks in, which doesnt usually happen till about 11 and by then its too late cuz I have the little ones coming at noon. So... Im going to water aerobics tonight instead if thier dad gets here early enough and I can make it on time. If not, I'm heading to the track at the school to get my laps in.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Cyndee- with ya in spirit. Isn't it crazy when we 'can't' do something we want it more.

L4G- yeah....I'm like the crowd routing youy on from the side. You actually do have to work harder outside. You can set your incline at a 1 to help offset some of the difference. Its good to keep mixing it up. the other thing is that the dreadmill takes some of the shock so your hips and knees don't take as much. There is some good out of the dreadmill but I still like the great outdoors. During the winter I had to do an 18 miler on it: the only thing that kept me semi-sane was watching movies.
    I'm so proud of you. The next run will be better.