Never going to give up !!!!! challenge

Options

Replies

• elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Hello girls :smile: It was a busy but beautiful day .Looks like everyone is trying hard with goals DeeBear you have that pie and eat it too :laugh: have a good time .
    Welcome kristen.
    Thank you I did have a nice time with my sis.
    How sweet that someone bought your dinner penny sweet.
    Its late I am off to bed Goodnight everyone :yawn:
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

So I just finished booking hotels and submitting my registration for RAGBRAI 40 (registers annual great bike ride across Iowa). This year the route will be 471 miles during the last week of July. This is even more incentive to keep working on getting in better shape!

I am making more of a conscious effort to cut out flour. I went to the store yesterday and did not buy bread or muffins. See if this helps me or not. I even cooked a bit yesterday-made fish tacos with corn tortillas (can I just say I do not like them as much as flour ones). And have chicken to make up today. Two days in a row of cooking :laugh:

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

calories - yes
    water yes
    exercise - yes
    10k steps - no, however, I have actually put my pedometer on today!!
  • Jemma_02
    Jemma_02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good Evening ladies I hope you have all had a lovely Sunday! I was so chilled out today, it would have been very easy to snack but I stayed strong! Kept up with my water, no chocolate, haven't quite achieved 5 exercise sessions for the week but who knows I might feel like doing one later and today I have stayed on target with calories! A very successful day I think!

Sammy, I am studying Italian and Spanish which gets awfully confusing at times but I am trying to wok harder so I am not always mixing them up!

Hawkeye, your bike marathon sounds amazing I am very impressed! Keep up the hard work!

Deebear, you made me jealous of the pie so I spent the last hour making an apple crumble which I am very much looking forward to later!

Have a good night everyone!
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Oh no my weekend is nearly over.

Stayed well under cals today, probably because I had a lovely lie-in this morning so it was lunch time before I ate my breakfast.
    Exercised this morning and about to do my crunches - I managed 500 2 nights ago, what a killer that was, perhaps just go for 300 tonight.
    C25K still on target but no run today.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend x
  • elimay59
    Options
    Hello everyone :flowerforyou:

Ok sammy what is a lie-in, sleep in ? I love it!!!!!!!! I am learning cambodian and sammys talk :laugh: just teasing I think it is encredably cute { I am learning cambodian } 2 languages at once wow that is impresive Jemma.

Jemma so glad you have joined us, its funny its like you have been here always you fit in so well :smile:

Clover good job sounds like you are doing awesome :happy:

Hawkeye , That is impressive , you will have to keep us posted about your ride :wink: I love fish tacos :tongue: that is practically all my sunshine and I ate in Maui :glasses: good job on cutting out flour and cooking .

I didnt get home till 6am I was at the Er with a friend ,so I sleep late today :yawn: I did good on goals though yay I need to excersize though. I am going to great wolf lodge water park tommorow so I will definatly burn calories tommorow. Good night friends. see you tommorow night :happy:
  • RitaTesta
    Options
    im in!!
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    GOOD EVENING MY SWEET FRIENDS! Seems like everyone is doing great!

DONT FORGET MINI CHALLENGE TOMORROW - 50 LUNGES!!!!

MY GOALS this week...
    Hit 20 pounds.....I'm so close can taste it ;0)
    Water
    C25K week 4 baby here I come!

I'm not going to put diet in here because its lust how I eat, I no longer have to think about it!

DEEBEAR how was the pie? If I hit 20 I'm eating a peppermint Patty!!

JEMMA
    2 LANGUAGES that's impressive! You are doing great with your goals.

ELIMAY you know what they say, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger "...its true! Glad you enjoyed your time with your sis!

SAMMY Week 4 here I come! Was supposed to rest today but I felt like working out so I did! Keep up the hard work missy!

HAWKEYE I'm so excited for you! Challenges are wonderful!

CLOVER You did great keep pushing!

See you all tomorrow! Mini challenge for Wednesday? ??
  • Jemma_02
    Jemma_02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have just finished the first Insanity workout....I nearly died it was so much harder than 30 day shred which I had been doing! Feeling quite good about myself now though haha! Thanks about the languages everyone, I want to learn more though!

Sammy and Penny, keep going on with the running I used to really love going out to run in the park near me it was great!

Clover, you are doing so well!

Elimay, enjoy the water park!

Final push to lose one more pound this week to stay on target! Have a great day everyone!
  • aurinia
    aurinia Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm in!!!

Goals:
    1) Not to eat junk unless on special occasions!

2) get back down to 55kg - and stay there!

3) not to go over my net cal intake!

4) to tone up! (this is the biggie! I struggle with exercise!!!)
  • aurinia
    Options
    Anyone who wants an add me too! I've only just joined so looking for support!
    I'd
    Like to share mini challenges too
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Elimay you are such a tease!!! It's not Sammy's talk, it's English!!! Yes a lie-in must be what you would call a sleep in - staying in bed longer in the morning than you would do normally - otherwise known as Heaven!

I've had a hard day at work and now I'm feeling physically and mentally drained. Will do the mini-challenge in a little while but that is all for tonight.

Will finish under cals. Exercise - I had planned to do C25K tonight but I have just walked home (an hour in heels) so that will do instead.

I see we have more new friends join our challenge - welcome :smile:
  • clover5
    Options
    Good morning

Jemma - 2 languages - good for you!!
    Penny - 20 lbs - yeah - good for you!!
    Elimay - The waterpark will be fun and a much deserved get away. You are very stong and a wonderful support for your friends, family, and us.
    Hawleye - your bike ride is great.
    Welcom Aurinia

My Goals:
    log calories and budget - yes
    water - yes
    exercise - yes - walk and lower body strength exercises last evening
    10k steps - yes!

I'll get our challenge lunges done today. 50 each leg, right? I think Sammy wanted to do plank for Wedensday. Ha ha
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello my dear friends!!! I forgot to do my lunges and after walking the dog for 30 minutes (it was 69 degrees here in Nebraska today) I will do them here pretty quick.
    Under calories--check.
    Water drank--check.
    No flour, no sugar--check.
    Logged in--check.
    Walked for 30 minutes--check.
    You are all doing so well. You all amaze. Penny 20 pounds? How AWESOME is that girlfriend?
    Jemma 2 languages. Wow I can barely speak one.
    Elimay waterpark in January? Is it indoors? Hope you had a wonderful day.
    Sammy I love to lie in on Sundays.
    You all make me smile. Hope you all have a GREAT evening and will see you all tomorrow.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just wrote something, did it disappear?? Will check later....darn internet
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Sammy an hour walk in heels has to count for something ;0)
    Deebear great day all around!!!
    Clover yay on completing your steps!!
    Elimay I just want to say thank you!
    Welcome Auri!

So my day was interesting ....I did the lunges (deebear it killed me) I'm so out if shape ;0( I did week4day1 of C25K and have Charlie horses and horrible shin splints. Have been stretching and icing since. Bummed as I was I got back on the treadmill slow to try and loosen things up. Then my daughters wanted to play just dance so we did. I pray that I can run Wednesday but I am going to repeat week 3 again as a dear friend who is a trainer recommended. I don't want injuries and would rather build myself up properly. After all lets face it I am extremely over weight and out of shape. I did finally hit 20 pounds after lunch today but will weigh in officially tomorrow. Hope everyone has a peaceful evening! Keep pushing for you goals!
  • elimay59
    Options
    Hello just got home from INSIDE water park :tongue: it was very fun, Thank you everyone :happy:

Penny hope your shins get better ,just take it slow. Your welcome but for what :smile:

Istnlondry Hello :wink: sorry your post disapered

DeeBear you are doing great !!!!

Thank you clover everyone on here is very encouraging including you :wink: Good job with goals !!!

Sammy ha ha ha I love heaven :tongue: you are doing good with goals :smile:

Planks sound good for wed. I will do modified . I am pooped so I will do lunges tommorow. Good night all:yawn:
    Welcome newbies :flowerforyou:
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

I didn't do the lunges as my knees hate them....does biking 26 miles make up for that. I'm in for plank on Wednesday though!

It is so weird to have breakfast in the morning and not eat toast or a english muffin...takes some getting used to as that has been my routine forever. Stayed under my calorie goal despite eating pizza and cake at the office yesterday (but I worked out for almost 3 hours so that makes up for it). Also drank a bit more yesterday so that was good.

Last day of the month which means the hectic rush to get all of my paper work completed.....you would like after 9 years I would be to a point where I get things done quicker but there is always some new crisis that pops up and gets me off track.

Looks like everyone is having a great week thus far...keep it up.
  • aurinia
    Options
    Achieved what I wanted to today! Although the days not over yet but I doubt I'll go over my calories now!
    I've done two sessions of half an hour eachnon my cross trainer, 60 crunches, 80 leg lifts (side) each and 12 (measly I know) leg lifts laying on my back. Might be able to squeeze in some more crunches or sit ups, but dot want to overdo it - only just started!

Wanted to add to my goals:
    Tone my jelly belly! (and get into my jeans without presenting an overhang!!!)

Keep on going!! :D
  • clover5
    Options
    Afternoon all

So I did my lunges last night. Got through it but glad we weren't doing 51! Penny, glad you're going slow on you're 5k training. Tortoise wins the race. I was going to run today, but the carpet cleaner is here not, so it's not looking good. Maybe tomorrow.

log calories and budget - yes
    water - yes plus 1. I may increase it for February.
    exercise - yes - solo tennis and lunges.
    10k steps - Forgot to wear my pedometer yesterday, but today is looking good.
    housework - yes

OK Plank tomorrow. Ya'll have a great day!