so cold in uk

Options
sandown12
sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
its so cold in the uk and we have brought an 8 bedroom guesthouse which is today very cold.........

Anyone else colder today ?

Replies

• paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    freezing. dont want to move my butt to the gym later but will MAKE myself go.
  • janessac
    Options
    Just last week it was -25C, around -31C with windchill. Such lovely weather here in Canada :grumble:
  • sueb12345678
    sueb12345678 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Its snowing here :smile:
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It snowed a teeeeny bit last night!

More coming Saturday apparently eeek!!
  • sandown12
    Options
    ok so not so cold as you but for here its turned freezing over night I think exercise is a good idea :)
  • MissGatekeeper
    Options
    Norway here.. And it's gone from cold to VERY cold over night :P
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    happy to swap!! So humid here in Sydney it's almost unbearable to run ... I'd give anything to be back in Moscow in the minus 20s!!!
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    somerset, england,
    cold but lovely and sunny this morning 2 degrees.
  • debstein
    Options
    I was out netball umpiring in London last night - soooo cold! And more tonight!
  • jennehughes
    Options
    woke up to feel it coming through the window (and wondering why on earth I put the bed in front of the window?!)
    Brrrr!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine lives in Finland.
    She posted an update on Facebook the other day about how she had to keep stopping walking to prevent her eyelashes from freezing together.
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Freezing here in Japan, and no central heating, insulation or double glazing! :frown:
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    very cold here today, i've got a stinking cold and i've got to go for a walk and do the shopping later with the wee one, deep joy!
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the cold but that biting wind is unpleasant. Might have to do some extra exercise to keep warm. Keeping warm in cold weather burns more calories so it's a win for me.
  • natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Having experienced down to -40C with a windchill that made it feel like -70C, I can't complain much about -6C weather and no snow. weeeeee!
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i hate uk weather! its soo cold very north of scotland aswell, what i hate more is my storage heating who ever thought they were a good invention mines dont make a diffrence!!!! i have to go outside walking to collect my daughter from nursery in 20mins :sad: why dont i drive!!!!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    been outside for five minutes and couldn't feel my nose. no idea how cold it is, but we're supposed to get a russian cold front later this week O.O
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    honestly...compared to last year when temps here in shropshire fell to -20 several nights running, it's just normal winter this time... I think we've all been lulled into softness by the incredibly mild winter we've had so far! :laugh:
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    For once we are less cold/wet/snowy here in Ireland compared to the Mainland! I'm going to regret posting that aren't I? *waits to be snowed in*
  • sandown12
    Options
    haha its cold her as ive moved from a small 2 bed house to an 8 bd one so thats why Im cold........
    Also Im 2 minutes from beach so get all the cold sea air x