Oh Keurig Coffee maker, how I love you...:d

Options
124»

Replies

• Michelle333
    Michelle333 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Got one for Christmas also from the hubby, he uses it everyday to make tea on the way to work. I love Chai Latte!!!!!! Nice having options for when people come over, between coffees and teas.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Wish I could enjoy. I do however love my $20 Bodum French Press. Makes coffee like a champ! I never go to the coffee shop. I only put a couple TABLESPOONS (lol) of sugar in and I'm good to go. My grandma always has the over the top brewing machine and it's amazing so I really enjoy a treat when I see her.
  • chai_latte
    chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I was thinking of getting a Keurig but I thought the little K-cups were a little on the expensive side? How much do you spend on it?
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Love mine! The cups are a tad expensive, but I just use mine on weekdays for a cup in afternoon when I get home from work and a cup of tea in evening. We still use the "big ol regular" pot for morning when both of us are drinking. No matter the cost now. I'm addicted and love it. :drinker:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    More expensive than coffee in a regular coffee pot? Yes. More expensive than Starbucks? No!
    Better Flavor than coffee in a regular coffee pot? Yes! Better Flavor than Starbucks? You Betcha!

The individual K cups can be "expensive." Anywhere from 45-69 cents a piece. This is a LOT cheaper than Starbucks though. (What is the cheapest thing on the starbucks menu these days?) Additionally, with the "My K-cup" you can use your favorite coffee (mine is Folgers Columbian) and get it for much much cheaper than the individual k-cups. AND you can use the My-K-cup with regular teabags (arounnd 10 cents for a celestial seasonings--without a coupon) and you can get two cups out of each teabag.

PLUS it only takes a few seconds to heat the water and brew a cup versus how many minutes for a whole pot?

Soooooo, more expensive? Maybe, but time is money too and I LOVE my Keurig!
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    I don't mean to be a hater....but really...if you are having a bunch of people over, can you not just use a regular coffee machine? and really, making tea...is not hard. you place a teabag in a mug and boil water. voila- done.

i think my main issue with these new things is the amount of waste that is generated from them....seems very backwards (shouldn't we be moving towards more sustainable ways of eating/living? not adding even more waste to the landfills?)

good point. It does create a lot of waste

I empty my K-Cups into my flower beds and gardens (it's a pain, but makes good compost), then recycle the cups. I'm trying to do my part :(
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    Hey guys, I was thinking of getting a Keurig but I thought the little K-cups were a little on the expensive side? How much do you spend on it?

I've seen the boxes on sale for as low as $7.99. Granted they are usually only boxes of 12 or 16. Bed Bath & Beyond let's you use coupons on them, and if you register your Keurig on their site, you get discounts on the bigger boxes. I've also seen variety packs of 64-100 for $17-$25 on Amazon.

Yes, it's more expensive, but for someone like me, it's perfect--I don't like 'plain' coffee, but won't go through a whole pound of one flavored type before I get bored, and I can have different flavors everyday with this. They also have a 'My K-Cup' filter, that you can use your own coffee in (Folgers that you can buy by the ton, etc).
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    AHHHHH......what flavor will I start this day with....SO many choices!! :D
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm getting one this weekend!! I don't drink a whole lot of coffee....but I can't wait to try the different varieties of tea!!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I just bought a 48 count "holiday collection" for $29. Has three flavors: gingerbread, spicy eggnog, and golden french toast. I've only tried the eggnog but it was amazing.