My Journey from 250 Lbs to 125 lbs

Options
When I was 39 I decided I didn't want to live in the body I was in. I decided to get fit by 40. I started very slowly, 10 min. on the treadmill every day and making healthier food choices. Increasing my treadmill time as I got stronger. After I lost the first 100 lbs I decided to do some weight training to tighten things up. I can't believe how strong and beautiful I ended up. I am currently up a few pounds, but I am 50 now and am proud to say I am still down over 100 lbs. So I have kept most of my weight off for 10 years.

6796540371_50dba9db51.jpg
Tina_allPics by TinaVanHoecke, on Flickr

6796597451_335907e848.jpg
Tina`s CPB Ending Collage x 3 by TinaVanHoecke, on Flickr

6796630865_1bf30cec55.jpg
Turquoise back (6-27-2003) by TinaVanHoecke, on Flickr

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely different person and look at those guns!!!
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow that is fantastic, u rock girl!
  • TinaVanHoecke
    Options
    Thanks everyone, My only daughter is now weighing in where I began my journey and it is my mission to help her make the journey herself. She is currently working out with me, so hopefully it is happening. I have 2 boys also that are obese and it is so hard to watch them going down the same path I did. I wish I could do something to help them see what they are doing to themselves.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That's insanely awesome. AMAZING job!!!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! What an amazing hard body!!! How inspiring!
  • Rob_Sarge
    Rob_Sarge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring!!
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Great job!! Good luck to you and your family. I'm sure seeing your transformation will help motivate the kiddos. ;)
  • daniivdean
    daniivdean Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    you just inspired me! amazing!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    true motivation. I was 245 at my heaviest and really hoping to get to 125!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Who says 50 is over the hill? Fit and fabulous! Look at those guns indeed! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • DarleneBDA
    DarleneBDA Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina

You are an inspiration to all woman. I want to be fit by 50.... which is 1.5 years away. I am at 182 and working my way down to 135.

Thank you for sharing your story!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look fantastic....
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Amazing arms! You rock!
  • daves1grl
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Truly inspiring!
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! YOu look fantastic! I'd love to add you to my friends list. Tell me what else you did to get to this point. I'm 54 and looking to lose 40 more lbs. and tone up.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    What a great inspiration you are for your children! And your legs are killer!!!! Great job.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    WOW Tina! You look INCREDIBLE!! Look at all that definition, you've inspired me to stick with my new strength training routine! CONGRATS on your success!!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Wow!! this is an amazing and extremely motivating transformation. Thanx for the update and keep up the great work!!
  • Wrigleymom
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Holy cow... amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!