Stop complaining!

Options
123457»

Replies

• ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    There are some people that have to complain about it all the time.. they always play "my life is suckier than yours" I have my neices and nephews doing this all the time.. FML... UGH... THIS SUCKS... or they'll have the fight with someone (116posts later) I didn't sleep, I have a headache.. and I can understand what the OP is saying... for some of those people it's ALWAYS the same thing.. it's not just a "once in a while they have a bad day" but day in day out, they don't know what having a tough life is, yet they always think they have it so bad... they are just emotionally draining... always take, take, take...

unfortunatly, we've bred a next generation of "oversharing" and whining about how bad they THINK they have it. I always tell my kids, if you wouldn't stand in the middle of your school and yell it.. then don't post it on FB.. and if they do, it's fair game for me to comment on or ask questions about . They've learned real quick what to "share"... deal with it.. LOL
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    There are some people that have to complain about it all the time.. they always play "my life is suckier than yours" I have my neices and nephews doing this all the time.. FML... UGH... THIS SUCKS... or they'll have the fight with someone (116posts later) I didn't sleep, I have a headache.. and I can understand what the OP is saying... for some of those people it's ALWAYS the same thing.. it's not just a "once in a while they have a bad day" but day in day out, they don't know what having a tough life is, yet they always think they have it so bad... they are just emotionally draining... always take, take, take...

unfortunatly, we've bred a next generation of "oversharing" and whining about how bad they THINK they have it. I always tell my kids, if you wouldn't stand in the middle of your school and yell it.. then don't post it on FB.. and if they do, it's fair game for me to comment on or ask questions about . They've learned real quick what to "share"... deal with it.. LOL
    AMEN my friend AMEN!! This is what I meant!
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My personal feelings: if people are on FB, or any other social site and are consistantly complaing, are in despair, unhappy etc...They should look at where they are...ON A SOCIAL SITE. So many people live for these sites and don't live in reality. Many ignore their families, friends, and in fact themselves. They constantly live vicariously through the computer.
    I've noticed that (and some people will bash this) those who have 1000's of "friends" are the most unhappiest on those sites, and just put up a front. They need/crave that attention to take it off of their inward demons, so to speak.
    Computers as much as they bring good--can very well bring the bad. They seem to halt people from looking at themselves, and fixing their own problems in many cases.
    I empathize for those who are truly suffering. No one deserves to be in misery, but as adults we have to take the initiative and take care of ourselves. Only makes one stronger by finding strength within and fighting the battle.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I read a couple articles to this effect..

1- social networking has "cheapened" friendships.. friends have become more of just another number (I have 234 friends, well I have 5432 friends) honestly there are probably less that 5 of those that would come out at 2Am to help move a body.. :noway:

2 - though social media has helped us connect with vast amounts of people, studies revealed that the more "friends" we have and the more we read their postings, the more down we are on ourselves about how crappy we "think" our lives are and how much more exciting theirs is.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have stopped committing on certain friends FB statues because they have others who want to disagree or start an argument, with what I posted or even others. That's not cool to argue on another persons page so I just let my friend know why I don't comment, not because I don't care but I still see others attack others and its not ok and there is no logic behind it, its not like its a debate.
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a good day! this is the choice that I have chosen!
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

:smile: Optimism at it's finest!!
  • TehScrumpy
    Options
    Why should someone else's suffering make me feel better?
    http://ryandow.com/ic/2009/04/05/feeling-better/
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options

That's how I try to live too..everytime I start to get annoyed at work or something gets me upset, I try to tell my self that in an hr this won't matter so be happy :)
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Why should someone else's suffering make me feel better?
    http://ryandow.com/ic/2009/04/05/feeling-better/

Not better, just fortunate if you have a good life.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This sure turned into a ****show. How delightfully predictable.

:heart:
  • Twinsmama75
    Twinsmama75 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying, but I think the vast majority of people who do this ARE depressed, or else they wouldn't be doing it, kwim? I sometimes find myself posting things on FB that I later look back and see are negative or may be depressing to other people. But if they know me at all, they know my brother committed suicide a few months ago and it's very difficult to find positve things to think about right now. I guess if I post something depressing, it's because I want some support from my friends. Of course I try not to be a big whiner b/c I have a therapist to listen to that stuff, but not everyone does, so they try to find an outlet for their pain.

Also, I get what you are saying with your example of the "men who rape their wives" as something to really be depressed about. But 1 out of 4 girls are molested at some point and a slightly lower number for boys, and someone commits suicide every 17 minutes, and a huge number of children are abused and neglected. These children grow up to be adults with serious problems and with such a high rate of suicide in this country, thousands and thousands of people are touched by this tragedy everyday. I think maybe you need to just look at the bigger picture and realize that most people have serious demons they are wrestling with on a daily basis. That's great if you don't, but then you are one of the rare, lucky ones!

And I'm not above "hiding" someone on FB if it gets to be too much, not because I'm trying to hate on them, but because sometimes it seems that they aren't actually taking any steps to improve their lives. That is probably what annoys me more than people complaining about their "real" problems.

I am so very sorry about your loss....that is a terrible thing to go through...I hope you have all the support you can handle and then some!!!

Thanks, unfortunately we lost my husband's little brother to suicide 3 years before and so my husband has been a huge help since he can empathize. It is horribly shocking and I still cannot comprehend it. I just wanted the OP to realize how many horrible things happen to people (I could write a freakin book) because I know several people who have never suffered from grief, depression, or been abused and it's hard for them to realize just how many people do have to deal with such things & perhaps give a reason as to why some people look at the cup half empty all the time.
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    How was this not complaining about complaining? You are frustrated about something and decided to vent just like they did. Maybe you should try your own advice. Having to see people complaining isn't as bad as being abused right? So don't worry about it.

I think the op was talking about people that constantly complain not just a person that has the normal occasional complaint. I also took it that she was trying to have people be grateful for there life and see that maybe things aren't that bad and somebody has it worse, the abused, homeless, etc....
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. I understand what the OP was trying to say and didn't get any negative intention whatsoever from it, I'll have to re-read it again to see if I missed anything.

I have quite a few friends on Facebook that tend to be drama queens/kings and I have brought it up personally with each one of them to talk about it. Especially those who say things like

Them : Oh my god, the most horrible thing happened....
    Me : What?? what happened???are you ok?
    Others : What??? Are you ok???
    Them : I don't want to talk about it publicly so please don't ask

It may be a different example than the OP but I think that was the general thought. That being said I do understand that people on here want to talk about their frustrations/issues and that's totally fine in your personal wall with your MFP friends. You can also bring it up on the forums but you do open yourself up to criticism because you've switch from the privacy of your wall to the public forum.

You can disagree with the OP but don't attack her please.

Agree^^^^^
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Are you guys serious?? It wasn't meant to be taken that way. So you can stop already.

oh, you want it to stop??

rules.jpg.jpg

Bump:) Blooming brilliant!
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The fart thread was so much more entertaining.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    How was this not complaining about complaining? You are frustrated about something and decided to vent just like they did. Maybe you should try your own advice. Having to see people complaining isn't as bad as being abused right? So don't worry about it.

I think the op was talking about people that constantly complain not just a person that has the normal occasional complaint. I also took it that she was trying to have people be grateful for there life and see that maybe things aren't that bad and somebody has it worse, the abused, homeless, etc....

Thanks for the message :). You absolutely get what I was saying!!