HOW MANY LBS SHUD I LOOSE IF I AM SIZE 16 AND WANA B SIZE 10

Options

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    No matter how you spell it...well done on the 8 lb loss. Keep up the good work! You will get there.:flowerforyou:
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    I think US and British size 10 are about 2 sizes different, so a size 10 in britain is about a size 6 in US!
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well, sizes are all different. Like right now, I'm around 170-180 and I'm a size 6/8. So you really won't know until you actually lose the weight.

Really?? 170-180 and a size 6/8??? Are you also 6'5"?
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    HEY GUYS ! NOT SURE HOW MUCH I HAVE TO LOOSE AROUND SO I HAVE A ROUGH IDEA. IM A SIZE 16 ( WEL MY JEANS HAVE LOOSEND SINCE I LOST 8LBS IN MY FIRST WEEK. BUT IM NOT CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO WEAR A 14 AS I WANT THEM TO BE COMFORTABLE. I AM AROUND 182LBS JUST NOW AND WANNA B A SIZE 10 ! HOW MANY LBS SHOULD I LOOSE? I HAVE PUT ( LOSE 60LBS ) IN MY GOAL TARGET WEIGHT. ANYONE LOST THIS AMOUNT OF WEIGHT AND HAVE ANY PICTURES ETC WUD B HELPFUL XXX:happy:

It all depends on your body shape. I'm a size 10 currently, I'm 5'7, 163lbs, an apple shape with no booty. I would suggest choosing a goal weight for now and after acheiving that see how you feel and then adjusting. Typically, in my experience (for my body shape) I have found that when I lose between 11-15lbs I drop a pant size.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Size 8 here, at 162 or 142 lbs, still same pants size for me.

Here is an interesting picture that will show why nobody can answer this for you:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2071870/The-average-weight-British-woman-comes-shapes.html

The sizes are British though so don't be confused if you are not in the UK.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Wow... way to be supportive people! If you don't like her post then don't reply! You don't have to read it! She shouldn't have to be embarrased on here if she came here for help!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I'm 5'3" at 159lbs and fit into a size 12, and they are a bit loose. Everyone is different.
  • marnold813
    Options
    How did you do it??? I'm 205 and want to be 155 again (size 10 for me) waaaaaa!!! lol
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh, how I miss the lost art of grammar and punctuation.

Ditto that! :smile:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Why focus on a specific size instead of overall health?
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Speel chekcer wont catch LOOSE! :laugh:

Thank you! LOL >_<
  • AmyJackson1990
    AmyJackson1990 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Lol !! Pls someone.. how do i delete my post, thankfull for those who gave advice.. i didnt know this site had secret spell checkers who JUDGED on the way people typed. If u havent nothing nice to say then dont speak on this post. i was looking for some advice. i think one person pointed out i spelled something wrong.. i got the hint but thanx 2 the other 10 people telling me again
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Lol !! Pls someone.. how do i delete my post, thankfull for those who gave advice.. i didnt know this site had secret spell checkers who JUDGED on the way people typed. If u havent nothing nice to say then dont speak on this post. i was looking for some advice. i think one person pointed out i spelled something wrong.. i got the hint but thanx 2 the other 10 people telling me again

This is how the forums are, and you can't delete posts.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Ditto that! :smile:

Ditto the ditto
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    YEAH GOOD IDEA, LOL IM JUST SO IMPATIENT ITS UNBELIVEABLE ! LOOKIN BACK ON PICS OF WEN I WAS 16 ( 5YEARS AGO) AND THINKIN OMG I USEDY THINK I WAS SOOOOO SO FAT THEN BUT I WAS A SIZE 10...SOMETIMES A 12 ON BOTTOM BUT THE PICS ARE GREAT LOL! I DUNO WHATS HAPENED OVER THE YEARS I JUST HOPE I CAN GET BACK TO THAT XXX

wait til you are 40 and look back. you will bat yourself upside the head! :)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    WAT
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone about different body types, heights, compositions, etc. But I would say as a GENERAL guideline 10-15 pounds can come out to about two pant sizes (ex: from a 10/12 to a 8/10). It's not a bad rule of thumb to use as you establish your goals. At my heaviest I wore a snug size 20 and I am now a size 6-8 (I have a couple of very stretchy 4's that I can skirm into also- lol). I've lost close to 100 pounds so...maybe that will help you extablish a baseline.

And don't be embarrassed about your post. We are here fore information and help. I've read posts about people's bowel movements and sexcapades on here so....this one is pretty benign in my opinion.

All the best to you.
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Take your mesurements instead, and look how that is progressing. It's a much better indicator of 'when' you will be able to wear that size you want. :P
  • shanaenichole
    shanaenichole Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Agree. AmyJackson,
    In the future, you should try to spell correctly and use the full spelling of words. I am not trying to be mean at all!!! It really makes young people look bad. You make it look like we can't think or speak for our selves correctly!
  • janetrene
    janetrene Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! 8lbs lost is fabulous! I agree with a lot of these responses. It does depend on your body type. Sometimes it is 10lbs. lost and you will go down a pants size and most of the time it is more. Just remember muffin top isn't pretty! lol! If your sixteens are loose on you enjoy it for a while until they pretty much start falling off and you get cited for indecent exposure ;) Keep us posted on your weight loss! Can't wait to hear when you get into those 10's!!! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.