HOW MANY LBS SHUD I LOOSE IF I AM SIZE 16 AND WANA B SIZE 10

Options

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", and when I was down at 169, I was in a size 6, just barely starting to squeak into a size 4. My waist was 28 or 29 inches if that helps at all (also I wear Faded Glory which is totally vanity sized, lol)
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    Caps lock is cruise control for cool.

Edit: Seriously, though, I agree with what everyone else said--it depends on your body. Congrats on the loss thus far, and keep trudging at it! :)
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    No matter how you spell it...well done on the 8 lb loss. Keep up the good work! You will get there.:flowerforyou:

ignore negativity....you're asking great questions!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Lol !! Pls someone.. how do i delete my post, thankfull for those who gave advice.. i didnt know this site had secret spell checkers who JUDGED on the way people typed. If u havent nothing nice to say then dont speak on this post. i was looking for some advice. i think one person pointed out i spelled something wrong.. i got the hint but thanx 2 the other 10 people telling me again

You can't delete it. But don't be embarrassed. Congrats on your loss. Forget the haters on here. You have to have thick skin around here. It sucks that you have to have it on the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" board, but apparently you do.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    :laugh: Lol !! Pls someone.. how do i delete my post, thankfull for those who gave advice.. i didnt know this site had secret spell checkers who JUDGED on the way people typed. If u havent nothing nice to say then dont speak on this post. i was looking for some advice. i think one person pointed out i spelled something wrong.. i got the hint but thanx 2 the other 10 people telling me again

Sweetie, just laugh it off. Ignore the haters, you will get there. Keep up the good work! :heart:
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    When I fit into a size 10, I was about 160 lbs. I am 5'4". It is different for everyone.

I'm roughly the same height as the above poster and at 160 I was in a 14 (US size). Now at around 130 I'm in a 6 comfortably. So, it really does depend on your frame, body build, yadda yadda. When you find you need a belt to keep your trousers from falling down (I recently learned to not call them pants when talking to folks from the UK!), you need to go down a size. There isn't a magic number that dictates when you need to wear smaller clothes. Good luck.
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    HEY GUYS ! NOT SURE HOW MUCH I HAVE TO LOOSE AROUND SO I HAVE A ROUGH IDEA. IM A SIZE 16 ( WEL MY JEANS HAVE LOOSEND SINCE I LOST 8LBS IN MY FIRST WEEK. BUT IM NOT CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO WEAR A 14 AS I WANT THEM TO BE COMFORTABLE. I AM AROUND 182LBS JUST NOW AND WANNA B A SIZE 10 ! HOW MANY LBS SHOULD I LOOSE? I HAVE PUT ( LOSE 60LBS ) IN MY GOAL TARGET WEIGHT. ANYONE LOST THIS AMOUNT OF WEIGHT AND HAVE ANY PICTURES ETC WUD B HELPFUL XXX:happy:

everyone is different...for example...i am 5'3" at 266 but i wear a size 16 and some 15s comfortably. it all just depends really...
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    In high school I ranged from 120 lbs to 160 lbs. At my highest weight, I wore a size 16.

As an adult, I stayed between 130 lbs and 150 lbs most of the time. I wore a size 10.

Last year, I wore a size 16 again, and weighed 167 lbs. I stayed in those same pants until I was about 150 lbs. Then I was able to buy a 12.. and a 10... and an 8..

Now I wear a size 4. And guess what? I weigh pretty near 150 lbs.

It might not be able how much weight you need to lose. Just what kind of weight it is, more muscle weight? or more fat weight? eat a calorie deficit and do some strength training, then eat back to normal and you should be a smaller size and nearly the same weight.

edited to add: I am 5'4"
  • heatherm0107
    Options
    Like early posters said, it really depends on things like your body shape (I was 17% body fat, 145 lbs and a size 8 when I was 19), body composition, height, etc.

I am currently a size 10, and I am 5'8 and weigh about 165 lbs. I am definitely more bottom heavy and have a lot of muscle from working out, so if you are more top heavy you'll probably get there pretty quickly!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Pmsl ok guys argue amoung urselfs. this site is for advice, help n support i thought. obviously not ! Go n abuse n argue with each other. quite alot of horrible mother f*ckers on this site thank god i dont have the horrible ones added. one of yous should start a post lets see who can the most horrible person on here, n have fun with tht !! n again as i sed thnx who gave advice etc xox

What?
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm 5', 150, and can SQUEEEEEZE into a size 10. 12 and 14 are comfy depending on the make.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I wore 7-8 at 115.
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Jeez you guys are mean. It's a weight loss forum and not a grammar forum. I am a hater of bad spelling and grammar myself, but that's no need to embarrass anybody that has come here for help and support. How do you expect anybody to better their lives if they end up too scared to ask questions?
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    OP,

Folks around here can be jacka$$es for no other reason than that's what they feel like being at the time. Just ignore them.

As an FYI, on the internet, typing in all CAPS means you are yelling. That's why you were asked.
  • Julieta17
    Options
    Wow... way to be supportive people! If you don't like her post then don't reply! You don't have to read it! She shouldn't have to be embarrased on here if she came here for help!

I AGREE!! Who cares if she types in caps or misspells a word?! She is here for support & helpful advice.
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Congrats on your eight pound loss! I’m currently 176 pounds at 5’3. I am a size 16. I can zip my 14s but I’m figuring that I need to lose about 10 more lbs for them to fit comfortably. It’s hard to say the amount of pounds you need to lose to fit into those jeans, but just keep with it and you will get there!
  • elusivechesire
    Options
    Depends on height I'm 5'7 1/2 weight 138 and wear a 6.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and was a size 16 almost a month ago. Now just about into a size 12. I'd like to lose 40 by July. Slow and steady wins the race. Drink alot of water and watch your calorie intake. Nothing under 1200 per day. Watch your sodium intake as well.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i started out in 16s @ 180 lbs, and i fit into a size 8 now..when i was in 10s, i was about 135..i hope that helps, but everyone is different..depends on height and stuff as well..good luck
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Jeez you guys are mean. It's a weight loss forum and not a grammar forum. I am a hater of bad spelling and grammar myself, but that's no need to embarrass anybody that has come here for help and support. How do you expect anybody to better their lives if they end up too scared to ask questions?

Some people here need to find a better way to spend their time!!! There is no need to pummel the poor girl! Some of you should be ashamed of yourselved for stooping so low!
This discussion has been closed.