fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    I work out to the Marilyn Manson channel on Pandora,

But I listen to everything from ACDC to Zepplin lol
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    YOB.

Sweet tittybanging Christ, you absolutely must listen to YOB's last album.
  • AlSalzman
    Options
    Also, Wo Fat "Noche Del Chupacabra".

Not metal... more stoner/doom-ish.

Soooooo heavy.
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    YOB.

Sweet tittybanging Christ, you absolutely must listen to YOB's last album.

Was that The Great Cessation? Or did I miss one? That album is dope as hell though! So glad to see somebody posting bands I can relate to!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I live and breathe metal. Industrial metal is my thing but like all kinds.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I live and breathe metal. Industrial metal is my thing but like all kinds.

This is funny, LOL.:flowerforyou:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    OMG how have I missed this thread. I love metal infact I pretty much love all forms of rock. My playlist are full of Disturbed, Zombie System, Slayer, Slipknot, Drowning Pool, Metallica, Old Korn,Tool, One of my favorite local bands is Dissever ( they do alot of touring so check em out - gotta support the small bands ) I have seen everyone of the bands Ive mentioned live atleast once. :drinker: and everytime one of my bosses walk into my office they look at me like I've lost my mind cause of the music
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options

Soooooo heavy.

Listening to that wo fat album now. I'm liking it. Nice recommendation. I saw Amazon has 2 more albums from them on sale, any idea if they areas good?
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I recently loaded Metallica onto my phone, bloody brilliant to run to!
  • AlSalzman
    Options

Soooooo heavy.

Listening to that wo fat album now. I'm liking it. Nice recommendation. I saw Amazon has 2 more albums from them on sale, any idea if they areas good?
    Dunno. This was my first Wo Fat listening experience. Good luck.
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    **** yeah. Listening to the new Opeth CD in the car today, not as much metal as before but some amazing prog rock stuff going on.

Looking forward to the new Mastodon!

The new album has so much of a 70s prog influence. It made me love opeth again.

I heart prog metal. Textures. Devin Townsend.

Omg Devin Townsend and messugah. I have ticket to see them in less than a months time. Its going to be brutal.
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yup, I like the melodic European stuff...In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth, Insomnium, anything Devin Townsend is involved with(Met him last year after AKL concert), Anthrax, Iron Maiden...list goes on almost endlessly

Awesome music for work(driving round) \w/

I'm so jealous you met Devin. I've been boasting for two years that he serenaded me last time I saw him play. Its not exactly the same :p
  • seanian
    seanian Posts: 103
    Options
    Totally, might be going to see In Flames this month pretty amped about it!
  • AlSalzman
    Options
    **** yeah. Listening to the new Opeth CD in the car today, not as much metal as before but some amazing prog rock stuff going on.

Looking forward to the new Mastodon!

The new album has so much of a 70s prog influence. It made me love opeth again.

I heart prog metal. Textures. Devin Townsend.

Omg Devin Townsend and messugah. I have ticket to see them in less than a months time. Its going to be brutal.
    I've got the new Opeth qued up for later.

Right now - The Wounded Kings, "Shadow over Atlantis." Kinda reminds me of Mouth of the Architect, or maybe Earth so far... but I'm not done with the album yet.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    :devil: Metal Head at heart, but can only listen in the car when the kids are not in earshot....can't wait til I don't have to sensor!!!
  • AlSalzman
    Options
    OK, "pass" on The Wounded Kings for me. If you like ambient, sweeping metal with lots of atmospheric sounds, you may dig it.

Giving Roadsaw's "Taking out the Trash" a shot now... more Stoner than metal, and so far I'm digging it.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    :devil: Metal Head at heart, but can only listen in the car when the kids are not in earshot....can't wait til I don't have to sensor!!!

LOL my kids are 5 and 8 and I already have them listening to Kittie and Korn as well as Disturbed ........ I just get the clean versions of the songs. My daughter is in love with Kittie cause its an all girl band. You gottan start em young:bigsmile:
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Moshed at Slipknot and lived to tell about it...
    Moshed at Disturbed and Drowning Pool with the guys from both bands, and lived to tell about it...
    Moshed at Revolting C*cks and Ministry, and well, I didn't exactly live to tell about it, but I got a cool scar.
    Moshed at Five Finger Death Punch and found out I only need four.
    Moshed at Rob Zombie and WHAT THE H*LL WAS THAT???

Wanna mosh at Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Mushroomhead, and pretend to fit in at Lacuna Coil before i finally do die in the pit. I'm only 45, there's still time.

Nope, no metalheads here...

>:-)

\m/ Pj \m/

(Edited to add the cool horns I stole from AlSalzman...thanks for those!

Peej

Metal head here too!

My husband is in a metal band that has opened for 5 Finger Death Punch and Mushroomhead , pretty much all metal all the time in this house.
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    Something happened and i got stuck on a power metal kick all morning. Listening to Iron Savior's latest album, "Thr Landing". It's pretty good so far. I've got Helstar's "King of Hell" coming up next!

I also just found out that Swallow The Sun has a new album that came out a few days ago. Amazon doesnt have it on sale yet and i dont feel like putting in the work to find and download it elsewhere. Hopefully they get it up soon. After "New Moon" i'm excited to see what follows.
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Used to be a Metal Head in my teens, first concert was TWISTED SISTER.. awesome

Second concert was SAXON.. not so awesome