Never going to give up !!!!! challenge

Options

Replies

• elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Hello girls :happy:
    Good job clover, aurina and hawkeye {26 miles that is crazy good )

1. under calories
    2. water better but not quite
    3. excersize ..... when hubby is done with TV
    3. teeth before bed
    mini challenge I will do too............ remember planks tommorow . how about friday butt kicks

All in all a good day :wink: See you tommorow have a great wed. where oh where are the rest of our girls we miss you :bigsmile: hope all is well.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is my 3rd time writing this!
    Goals are to
    Stay at calorie goal
    Burn 1000 calories most days
    Focus more on me/house/procrastination list

Lately Im succeeding. Of course Im a work in progress.

Everyone else doing well? My daffodils are in full bloom which makes me happy-what makes you all happy lately? Elimay, hows it going?
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Everyone looks to be doing well. I have been walking for 30 minutes every day on my lunch hour because of the beautiful weather. This January weather is amazing. Trying to stay under calories and drink all of my water. Also still trying to no flour, no sugar. Have the no flour part totally down. The no sugar is still eluding me at times. Trying to just eat fruits, veggies and meat occasionally.
    I eat a lot of popcorn and apples for lunch as this seems to fill me up and keep me filled up for most of the day.
    Hope all are doing well and will talk with you all tonight.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!
  • svenskispiration
    Options
    Fantastic!! I want to join

1. limit sugar substantially!!
    2. go spinning or running 5x per week
    3. take time to remember how awesome my life is & to appreciate every part of it :)

Cheers to all of us!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies:

It is hard to beleive that we are closing the door on January already.

Trying to come up with some new goals for February:
    1-Exercise-I have no problems getting that in each day but I don't feel as though I am working hard enough or varying things. So my goal is to mix up the cardio (bike, walk, elliptical) throughout the week to get more variety and avoid burn out. Also, I want to incorporate more interval training to increase my calorie burn. On the strength training side, need to try and do something every day even if it just a few sit ups/push ups.

2-my nutrition. Who knows....I suck as cooking. So I want to try one new recipe a week as a person can only eat so much chicken! As usual, I want to keep my calories in the green and be honest with my food logs (both good and bad).

3-Water. I have noticed that I don't really drink any water once I am home from work. So I want to try and drink at least 1 bottle of water in the evenings.

Hopefully this will get the scale moving!

I did the plank this morning....wanted to see how long I could hold on my form arms and I made it 3 minutes-I wanted to die by the end my muscles were shaking so bad. Maybe tonight I will what I can pull off with my arms extended.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Goood Morning! Well hello February! In two months I have lost 21 pounds and it because I have worked my but off to change my daily habits, from water intake, diet and exercise. My goal is to lose ten more in February! I have my diet under complete control to the point I don't even think about it, water intake is getting easier because during my workouts I drink a ton of water, and exercise is addicting and I switch it up everyday so I don't get bored. I have also been varying calories from high to low and exercise as well more one day less the next, it seems to be key in my weight loss journey. I have also in the last two months went from never cooking to loving. And enjoying it, making a new recipe at least once a week of not more and my children are loving helping Mama. We also started letting the girls workout with us, we make it fun and family time. I'm so glad to be on this journey with all of you!

My goals for February are as follows:

Lose ten pounds!
    6 workouts a week
    Walk kids home from school all days that weather permits
    Continue with diet
    Complete Week 6 of C25K

Non diet goal - paint my bathroom and start master bedroom!

Have a great day and strive towards what makes you happy!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies
    Penny, congratulations I am happy for you. Everyone - good goals for February.

log calories and budget - yes
    water - yes
    exercise - yes - walk and lots of vaccuuming and moving furniture around for carpet cleaners.
    10k steps - yes!
    housework - yes

Feb goals:
    Increase water to 5 glasses a day
    exercise - begin jogging again, weather permitting, and add at least one strength exercise each day
    housework - 1 hour weekdays - wasn't consistant on this in Jan so will continue this goal
    Stop procrastination - Do something everyday on that perpetual list of stuff to do someday.
    Log calories and exercise
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Great work Clover! Also, I will be doing the plank in a few I hate them like the plague. But push push push!
  • Jemma_02
    Jemma_02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

I feel like I haven't spoken to you in ages and it has only been a day! Everyone is doing so well, loving all the new goals for February! Penny congratulations on your 20lbs I am so proud of you!

After not reaching my goal this morning (I was 1lb off!) I went crazy on exercise and water just now. I am worn out! Anyway my goals for this month are:

1. Concentrate more heavily on my diet and think about what I am eating!
    2. Exercise more frequently trying to do it in the mornings rather than 10pm!
    3. Continue drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day.
    4. Stop procrastinating and actually do useful things with my day!!!

Also has anyone ever tried lacrosse I'm thinking about joining the uni team but I haven't done it before!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I just started my weight loss journey 4 days ago. I have 110 pounds to my goal weight! I would say the goals I would pick is checkin in everyday and exercising every day! I could also stand to up my water intake!
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This is amazing as I JUST posted about this a second ago!

Here are my goals:

1. Do the elliptical before work for 45 minutes
    2. Walk on my treaddesk 6 miles per day
    3. 1200-1300 calories of food, the healthier the better

Been at it for about 38 days now and it seems to be working!
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    How lovely to see so many new faces, welcome to you all :smile:

Goals for February will be pretty much the same

Exercise - cardio 5 times a week, 400+ crunches 3 times per week
    Food - stay under calorie allowance a much as possible, but don't feel guilty if I do go over as long as this is only 1 or 2 times per week
    C25K - on Week 4 at the moment, so want to continue with this and hopefully reach week 7 or 8 by the end of Feb

Today is one of those days that I have gone over on cals but that's because I have no time on Wednesdays to workout and earn myself extra, never mind.

I am working myself up to today's mini-challenge. I'm sure my words were 'thank goodness we are not doing the plank' and somehow that was turned into Sam wanting to do the plank - hmm, how did that happen?!:sad: I will let you know later if I manage it.

Here's to a fabulous February everyone xxxx
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

I am working myself up to today's mini-challenge. I'm sure my words were 'thank goodness we are not doing the plank' and somehow that was turned into Sam wanting to do the plank - hmm, how did that happen?!:sad: I will let you know later if I manage it.

That's my fault Sammy. Sorry. :flowerforyou: I'll do yours if you want.

I've just finished dinner and just barely over calories, which is fine assuming I don't eat any more - no promises. Will check in in the morning.

Night.
  • elimay59
    Options
    Hello :happy:

Clover I will help with sammys mini I hate planks too, I can only do modified. Butt kicks for fridays mini :bigsmile:

welcome to our new ones happy to have you join us :flowerforyou:

Penny you are inspiring I wish I had your energy ,20 lbs that is great. go to the store and pick up 20 bag of potatoes that is what you are no longer carrying around :tongue: woooo hoooo

Jemma good job on being close to your goal. I have never heard of that maybe ask in the community.

I had 5 little girls over to decorate cupcakes and make jewelery tonight ,I am pooped but it was fun . I didnt stop running all day

Hello Istnlondry I am doing good how are you :wink: .

Hawkeye and Deebear you are doing great too. Good to see everyone back today :bigsmile:

My new goals for Feb

1. loose 5 lbs
    2. stay under calories
    3. drink 64 ounces water
    4. 20 mins excersize everyday

I am trying to only check in only in the evening, I spend to much time on computer. Have an awesome thursday everyone , see you all tommorow .
  • elimay59
    Options
    Wow! This is my 3rd time writing this!
    Goals are to
    Stay at calorie goal

Lately Im succeeding. Of course Im a work in progress.

Everyone else doing well? My daffodils are in full bloom which makes me happy-what makes you all happy lately? Elimay, hows it going?

I love daffodils they are just happy flowers :flowerforyou: love them. Glad you are doing well ,I am doing better too :wink:
  • sammylc
    Options
    Morning all, well I did my plank arghh!!! I had 3 attempts and only managed 30 seconds each time. Hawkeyegal, 3 minutes is awesome, wow.

Jemma - never played lacrosse but it looks fun. I suppose if you enjoy team sports like hockey then go for it.

Will check in later, got to get ready for work now. x
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Is this a private group? I am interested - but not sure.
  • sammylc
    Options
    LadyTinkerbell, you are welcome to join us. Some of us have been supporting each for a few months now and others have joined us more recently. Set yourself a few goals and let us know how you are doing each day (or as often as you can), we sometimes set ourselves mini-challenges too.

Elimay - that sounds like fun, decorating cupcakes and making jewellery with 5 little girls.

Goals today
    I have closed my diary and I am just under for the day, but there are many hours left til bedtime and I may just want a few more nibbles
    Exercised on the Wii this morning, crunches and weights to be done soon
    C25K - I did the 3rd session of Week 4 earlier, looking forward to starting week 5 in a couple of days

Look forward to seeing how you are all doing my friends xxx
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    ****** DONT FORGET FRIDAYS MINI CHALLENGE ******
    BUTT KICKS ;0)

MONDAYS- BUTTERFLY KICKS!

ELIMAY- HOWS THE DIET AND HOW ARE YOU FEELING? I THANK YOU DAILY FOR ORIGINALLY STARTING THIS GROUP!

SAMMY TOMORROW IS TGE END OF WEEK FOUR BUT I STRUGGLE , IN YOUR OPINION SHOULD I REPEAT IT?

CLOVER IM VERY PROUD OF YOU AND YOUR GOALS!

JEMMA THANKS! ITS A WONDERFUL FEELING AND I KNOW ITS ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER FROM HERE!

HAWKEYE HOW IS YOUR CHALLENGE GOING?

DEEBEAR HOW ARE YOU SWEETS?

I HAD A FANTASTIC DAY! FABULOUS WORKOUT AND DELICIOUS DINNER! NOW ITS FAMILY TIME! HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT DAY AS WELL!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hello ! I hope everyone has had a chance to wind down this Thursday night! (Or good morning to some!) I am sooo looking forward to a hot shower & jammies!!

Goals are to
    Stay at calorie goal

Well well well....I found the most delightful macaroon today. I had to estimate on calories and I hope I overestimated! I couldn't find anything in our mfp database that resembled "A taste of Heaven". Either way, I didn't have the calories to spare so I went for a good workout. Oh and I made tortillas and sent them in the mail to my baby boy in college!! I wish I could see his face when he opens it!

Everyone else doing well? Elimay, my daffodils smile and say "Hello" when I walk to my front door!! I planted them 8 years ago and they come see me every year!!