Stereotypes are awesome...

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
429700_1834345396542_1777671004_924053_1827548016_n.jpg

It's so funny how we stereotype people based on the way they look.
I'm often stereotyped as a brainiac control-freak just because... oh, wait. That's a valid stereotype. Never mind about me. :bigsmile:
There are, however, lots of people who are stereotyped because of their appearance or reputation when they are, in fact, not like that at all.
Any stereotypes you've been placed into that just don't fit?

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

I'm often stereotyped as a brainiac control-freak just because... oh, wait. That's a valid stereotype. Never mind about me. :bigsmile:
    There are, however, lots of people who are stereotyped because of their appearance or reputation when they are, in fact, not like that at all.
    I love stereotypes. Yes they are often wrong, BUT there exist for a reason.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    :drinker:

Not touching this with a ten foot pole. Nosirree. Love you Cory. :smile:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

Ten foot pole is just a myth. Wait, what?
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

I would hate to believe a myth! Is it nine, then, or eleven?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    The difficult thing about being the best is that everyone thinks you're pretentious.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I can't really say that I can think of any... but that pic is just awesome!!
  • robertmcalaster
    Options

I would hate to believe a myth! Is it nine, then, or eleven?

Nine and a half, but only REALLY early in the morning.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    The difficult thing about being the best is that everyone thinks you're pretentious.

:laugh:

6102008102825AM_mirrorfive.jpg
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

I can't really say that I can think of any... but that pic is just awesome!!
    I know... actually, I couldn't think of any off the top of my head, either, but I *had* to share that picture. Loved it.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'm male with long hair. I look a little rough with it down sometimes. Panhandlers look the other way and won't even approach me, even in downtown Atlanta.

JM
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    that i have 4-6 kids because i'm hispanic...

i have 0.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I gotta say, I like post-prison Martha much better than before she was incarcerated. She seems to have more fun and not take herself so seriously.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of stereotypes placed on me honestly. People have a tendency to assume women who are big busted are "bimbos" so I have been placed in that category a lot (totally untrue). I live in the South but am originally from the North and have been called a "yankee" (although I'm from Alaska and we had no involvement in the Confederate war whatsoever). Also because I am white and live in the South, African Americans tend to assume I'm racist (untrue as I said, I'm not from here so I didn't grow up around racism against them because there were very few where I grew up to speak of). Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    lX8w5.jpg

Sadly...I am terrible at math
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    I have had a lot of stereotypes placed on me honestly. People have a tendency to assume women who are big busted are "bimbos" so I have been placed in that category a lot (totally untrue). I live in the South but am originally from the North and have been called a "yankee" (although I'm from Alaska and we had no involvement in the Confederate war whatsoever). Also because I am white and live in the South, African Americans tend to assume I'm racist (untrue as I said, I'm not from here so I didn't grow up around racism against them because there were very few where I grew up to speak of). Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

I can totally relate to the last one!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

i have 0.

OMG.....ppl are always surprise when I tell them I have 0 kids. Almost as if because Im Hispanic im some sort of Baby making robot. Don't get me wrong....i like to practice making babies but no vajaja has ever been hurt by the soldiers penetrating its walls
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

i have 0.

OMG.....ppl are always surprise when I tell them I have 0 kids. Almost as if because Im Hispanic im some sort of Baby making robot. Don't get me wrong....i like to practice making babies but no vajaja has ever been hurt by the soldiers penetrating its walls

:noway:
  • CAKEDOC
    CAKEDOC Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ROTFLMAO

i have 0.
    [/quote]

[/quote]
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am lazy because I am fat.....