Do you......

Options
dancefloordevil
dancefloordevil Posts: 106 Member
Use a bath/shower towel more then once before it goes into the laundry pile?

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    No.
    -wtk
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    Yes I use my towel more then once as I only wash once a week.....Besides the towel isn't actually dirty, only wet.......
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I hate doing laundry with the heat of a 1,000 suns, :sick: so yes we reuse our towels. :bigsmile:
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Do you use it to wash and dry your goat?
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    Once it's gone into the laundry pile, no, we don't use it again. But once we use the towel we hang it up and use it a couple more times or until it gets dropped into the pile.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Certainly. I don't live in a hotel.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes. A few times actually. Saves on water and soap. Both good for the planet. I try my hardest to reduce, reuse, and recycle where ever possible. Plus, I'm clean when I dry off. I just make sure to hang it up when I'm done, so it can dry nicely.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I use them more than once. But I have one towel for my head & face and a separate towel for the rest of my body.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Yea I do xD I use it for about a week honestly, then switch to a new one. I dont have enough towels and the wash center is on the other end of university village >.>
  • xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes. My husband and I even share a towel some days. I wake up at 3 and he wakes up 7 so its mostly dry by the time he uses it :laugh:
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yes. I sure do.:bigsmile:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    It takes a relatively short time for mildew to grow on a wet towel--in some environments, as quickly as a 36 hours. Since the idea of wiping down my clean body with aspergillus does not appeal to me, I hang my towel to dry before depositing it in the hamper.
    -wtk
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yes I use my towel more then once as I only wash once a week.....Besides the towel isn't actually dirty, only wet.......

EWW.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Well, a towel is in use at the time when you are the most clean.
    So theoretically, it should actually get cleaner the more you use it.
    Therefore, I've used the same one since I was 16 without washing it.
    (apologies to Paula Poundstone)
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Not even a face towel (is used more than once for me). I'm a bit OCD.
  • Heather2784
    Options
    It takes a relatively short time for mildew to grow on a wet towel--in some environments, as quickly as a 36 hours. Since the idea of wiping down my clean body with aspergillus does not appeal to me, I hang my towel to dry before depositing it in the hamper.
    -wtk

Good thing my towel is dry in less than 36 hours then!?!

This just sounds like craziness to me...
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    LOL! I use the same towel a whole bunch before washing again. Usually about a week straight.

In order for this to work towel needs to be hung dry immediately after using.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Yeah I get out of the shower clean and dry off with it so I see no reason to throw it straight into the washer. I hang it up and use it for a couple days.
  • Heather2784
    Options
    Pretty sure "wash" is Laundry. At least I'm hoping...