T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM ~ Week 19 ~ WELCOME!!

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Ok guys with school getting out next week, I can start taking the morning classes at the gym. Here's my proposed workout schedule, what do you all think?

Mon - 8:30 Step Class + Abs
    9:30 Trainer (strength training)
    Tues - OFF
    Wed - 8:30 Step Class + Abs
    9:30 strength training 30 mins
    Thurs - 9:00 Water aerobics
    Fri - 9:00 strength training 30 mins
    9:45 Step Class + Abs
    Sat - OFF
    Sun - 8:30 BodyWorks + Abs (strength training, some cardio depending on instructor)
    9:45 yoga

Now any of the step classes, if that ends up being too much that week, I can replace with elliptical on my own. I just like the class and LOVE how many cals it burns... So this way, I'm doing strength training 4x/week, and cardio of some kind 5x/wk. And stretching once a week... And of course probably once a week I'll miss a class because we have one appt or another or I'll have to flip days or something... not everything is offered every day which is why I wanted to schedule it so I could attend the step classes if I wanted to go that day...

What do ya'll think?
  • Adopt4 - your schedule looks good to me. The step class has to be difficult - but burns yhe calories. I say if you can do it - go for it girl.

Lorann - good tips from Adopt4. Leslie Sansone does have some good videos. I got them from Walmarts.

Sheila - WOW GIRL. I hope your son is doing better today. Tell him to hang in there and I am thinking of him.

Cyndeebee - Hi hope you had a good day.

Jamie - ehere are you girl? Did you go traveling again?

Kristi - you ok/

Anita - miss you girl!

Lulu - Haven't heard from you lately?
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    adopt4...I say that's an awesome exercise plan. Even if you miss a day occasionally, I still think it's a great plan.

For some reason, I'm tired and very hungry today. Already over in calories, but I won't worry about it. Still under maintenance, and maybe this is my week for doing just that. Maybe I need the break...listen to my body...and then start back up in a few days.

I, too, was a once a day eater, and I was underweight for many years. But as I got older, I put on a few pounds here and there...and for awhile I was a good weight. Unlike you, I ate supper, and then I ate after supper. It finally caught up with me. I ended up being less active (due to illness), and my bad eating habits put an extra 25 pounds on me within a few years.

I still can't cope with breakfast, unless I wait at least 2 hours after I get up. But I'm doing better for eating lunch, and my evening snacks are much healtheir choices.

(I never thought I'd eat a granola bar, as long as I lived, but I like them now.)
  • cjchism
    cjchism Posts: 18 Member
    Hello everyone and good evening. I burned 350 calories at the gym and took the advice and ate all of the extra except 25. Almost ready for bed here and very full!!! Good thing.
    adopt4...plan sounds good, your body will tell you if you need an extra day off
    Loran...hello and good luck
    Sheila...so sorry to hear about all the drama...I hope it is all worked out very soon especially for the baby's sake.
    cyndabee...hello, hope you had a nice weekend
    indianagranny...hello, hope you had a nice weekend as well

Take care, talk to you all soon!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Hey gang ~ sorry i didn't post over the weekend or post weigh in on Friday. I was super bummed - no loss this week either:cry: That's like five weeks now and I stayed good on food/cals all week AND exercised 4 days and worked in the yard and cleaned hard core on my off days so ppfffhhh! Who knows?!?!

Loving the posts on raising kids - I had a philosophy a lot like Prayerfulmom's - I never bothered about their rooms - their own private space - unless stuff was spilling out into the hall or I could smell it from downstairs. They both have had lots of different colors of hair and various other ways of expressing themselves and I never chose to pick fights over that sort of thing - BUT they've had to do their own laundry since 9th grade and they've always had to help with yard and house chores, wash cars, clean the garage etc. and I'm grateful they both grew up to like their space orderly and they can both cook well enough to keep themselves nourished:happy:

Lorann - Welcome to you - very glad to have you on T.H.E. Team. You're in for a great expereince with this group - lots of knowledge, support, encouragement, and comfort.

I think I'll pull the bike out of the back of the barn and start fixing it up - you're all giving my bike fever!

Have a great week everyone - do one thing everyday that makes you HAPPY:drinker:

lulu:heart:
  • cyndeebee
    Good morning, everyone.
    It's Monday! I love Mondays, because it always feels like a "beginning" to me. A whole new week laid out in front of us...
    Sorry you're bummed, Lulu. Whenever I hit a plateau, I think of it as my body adapting to the hard work I put in to get there. Kind of like your body is catching a breather. So get ready, Lulu...I think you're going to see some great progress over the next few weeks.
    Hope your weekend settled down, Sheila. I admire the way you seem to come through adversity with such grace.
    I'm going for a walk today. The weather is beautiful, I've got a few things to do...
    But mostly, I'm going to pace myself this week. We have a family reunion on Saturday, and I suspect that's going to be hectic. As long as I stay on track with sleeping and eating, I think I'll be able to get through it and enjoy it.
    And my daughter's birthday...That will be a test for me. Cake and pizza? Since I'm doing the ordering, I think one of the pizzas will be vegetarian.

Anyway, Happy Monday to all.
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good morning everyone!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you all for the welcome ... glad to be here. So I checked out that Leslie Sansone Walk at Home, that looks like something I can do :smile: well at least the first mile. I will keep you posted on how it goes. :smile: (oh and I found some exercises I can do while I'm at work, gonna try those as well)

Off to work now :smile: Have a great day!!
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    hey,
    So I think my summer is finally starting to set in a little bit. This week I have no obligation except working out and writing. So I'm really looking forward to a positive week.

Manda
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Hi Team! The weekend was so busy! Nope I didn't go traveling. Saturday I went to Gettysburg with the dog to watch the bf's softball tourney and then headed to coaching in the evening. We ended up finally making it to dinner on Saturday around 9pm!
    Sunday I got up early, made blueberry muffins, went to coach again, went for a bike ride then straight to a friends farm to ride horses then to my parents then walked the dogs to ritas! Geez, just typing that makes me tired! My legs are pretty sore today. You would think I would have been exhausted, which I was but for some reason I couldn't sleep and woke up 3 times last night!
    I hope everyone had a good weekend! I am going to try and get caught up on reading the posts I missed!
    J. :happy:
  • jamielbeck
    Hey gang ~ sorry i didn't post over the weekend or post weigh in on Friday. I was super bummed - no loss this week either:cry: That's like five weeks now and I stayed good on food/cals all week AND exercised 4 days and worked in the yard and cleaned hard core on my off days so ppfffhhh! Who knows?!?!

Loving the posts on raising kids - I had a philosophy a lot like Prayerfulmom's - I never bothered about their rooms - their own private space - unless stuff was spilling out into the hall or I could smell it from downstairs. They both have had lots of different colors of hair and various other ways of expressing themselves and I never chose to pick fights over that sort of thing - BUT they've had to do their own laundry since 9th grade and they've always had to help with yard and house chores, wash cars, clean the garage etc. and I'm grateful they both grew up to like their space orderly and they can both cook well enough to keep themselves nourished:happy:

Lorann - Welcome to you - very glad to have you on T.H.E. Team. You're in for a great expereince with this group - lots of knowledge, support, encouragement, and comfort.

I think I'll pull the bike out of the back of the barn and start fixing it up - you're all giving my bike fever!

Have a great week everyone - do one thing everyday that makes you HAPPY:drinker:

lulu:heart:

Cheer up Lulu! :flowerforyou:
    I'm sorry to hear you are bummed. Remember when I was having no losses...I'm pretty sure it ran about 5 weeks. Everyone's advice was to switch it up, that my bodys probably used to what I am doing. The suggestion of zig zagging my calories and switching my workout helped. Hopefully you will see results on the scale soon! I am sure with all the work you are doing that the inches are definitely coming off! :smile:
  • jamielbeck
    Sooooo I've been sticking to not eating my exercise cals. Sometimes I may go over but then I go under the next day. But heres my thing. Today I feel like I could eat EVERYTHING I see!!! Last night I did an hour of kickboxing and then walked the dog for 45 mins (roughly burned about 1000 cals though I do not have an HRM). Is there a point with exercise that I should be eating more???
    I am trying to figure out if this lead to me being so hungry today or I am just having an off day.
    Thanks Team!
    J. :flowerforyou:

Girlfriend you need to eat some of those exercise points. Your probably already set up for a 1000 calorie deficit. You should play around with them. Maybe eat half.
    There are days I can't possibly eat my exercise calories. But on the most part I try. If not the third day I am ravenous. Be careful not to go into starvation mode.

Thank you and Li4g's advice, I will try to eat at least half of them back on the bigger workout days. Now when I don't do kickboxing and just walk to dog plus burning about 300-400 should I still be eating them back?
  • jamielbeck
    hey,
    So I think my summer is finally starting to set in a little bit. This week I have no obligation except working out and writing. So I'm really looking forward to a positive week.

Manda

Manda,
    That sounds awesome! :glasses:
    Enjoy yourself!
  • adopt4
    Morning, ya'll! Suddenly I find myself barely able to stay within cals on workout days... hmmm... I went over by 40 yesterday, I'm not really concerned about that. Although I have my cals set at 1.5 pounds per week, if I see one pound or even half a pound per week I'm happy right now, just to see some downward movement. Stopped taking that med that might be why I plateaued (like lulu, stuck stuck stuck) so we'll see how that goes. I'm still suffering the ill effects of that pill (bad dreams) but that should go away in a few more days.

I am bummed I can't do step class today, but my son is still in school most of the week. So next week I get my new schedule, but for now, today I meet with the trainer and then I have to do cardio. Or maybe I'll skip cardio today... or take the Kickbox Cardio tonight (sounds like fun, but it would wear me out!).

I looked at my progress over the past several months, and I did lose about 6 -7 pounds in the last 2.5 mos. But it was all when my "problem" resolved itself, and nothing before or since. So I really don't understand THAT.

After all this time, I still can't believe with the internal struggle of eating. I still feel like I should starve myself to lose this weight. I already KNOW that doesn't work, BTDT got the tshirt. And obviously, when I started eating better stuff, I lost a lot of weight - 38 pounds since I started MFP on Jan 18. But this plateau has got me totally flustered and feeling like slipping back into old habits, either 'why bother no more weight is gonna come of' or 'stop eating, try the lemonade diet'. Now I KNOW, I KNOW, both answers are wrong and bad. But still, my thinking keeps going there because nothing I"m doing the "right" way has broken this plateau (which is why fingers crossed and praying and doing a rain dance that the med was the cause). I'm at my wits end. I also know, but still keep telling myself, that I have to wait a few weeks of still doing the right thing before I"ll know if the change in med helped at all. HELP me stay on track please!!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Okay, my .02 on the plateaus....

Most of us have been doing this about the same amount of time... I know I, for one, am getting a little bored with the whole thing ~ a little tired of logging every single little thing, a little resentful at all the exercising that's required. I'm not lazy - I'm always busy doing something or going somewhere, so it's not that I'd rather be lounging in the recliner. And it's not that I want to go pig out - it's just that the hyper-vigilance doesn't seem to be bringing in huge rewards like it did in the beginning so it's lost it's luster. I don't mean to sound negative, I'm trying to be honest with myself (and my team) so I can figure out how to move beyond this....

I think this week, I will take it back to basics. I'm lowering my cals by 100. I will walk 4 days this week a minimum of 45 minutes and strength train three days. I will make simple, uncomplicated meals and eat them slowly. I will drink ALL my water. I will read other threads to seek knowledge and motivation (Ido tend to be a thread snob and stick to just ours:blushing: )

~ I want to live a long and healthy life and my brain knows absolutely that this is the way to do it.

This is a lifestyle change, this is a lifestyle change, this is a lifestyle change.........:drinker:

lulu
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Hey everyone!! Hope you're all having a good Monday.
    I'm doing much better this morning, I can even take a few steps without my cane! Woohoo!!! I'm pretty excited about that!
    Also, this big bluegrass festival is going on this week in Indiana, and I've attended every year since I was little. Didn't think I'd be able to make it this year, but I'm going!!! I'm so excited, it's not even funny! I'm meeting both of my sisters, and we're going together. Tony has to stay home, take care of the puppy and play the Opry, so I'm going by myself. Unless my knee is worse, I'm so there!

I have another PT appointment this Wednesday, so keep your fingers crossed that it goes well. Last week, my knee all the way down to my ankle was swollen so badly that I couldn't do anything!
  • adopt4
    Lulu - YES YES YES You got it girl. Now if we can just remember it and stick to it. I think that's exactly right to make some small changes in your calories and see if that helps.

DWray, hurray for walking!

I talked to the trainer about my proposed summer schedule. He said start out 2 days of the step class per week, not 3, and see how it goes. Today I only did my trainer workout but I want to go to the other gym tonight and do the step class... we'll see if I'm still motivated by then. If not, I'll do water aerobics tonight for cardio because I just can't stand to think about the elliptical or the treadmill... He had me row on the machine today, go 800 meters in less than 5 mins... I did it in 4:44. I don't know if that's good or not, LOL. But it was something different. He worked my abs hard so I know I will be feeling that later.

Who was it, someone asked about exercises at home... do you want me to share what the trainer does with me? I did a few threads ago and then we kind of did the same thing or used circuit training machines... but I can share what he's done with me so far, especially the abs ones, since I have a huge belly and abdomen. You know that's the only area that I feel is huge anymore, which is kind of cool. I used to have a huge butt, huge this, huge that... and now, just my belly is huge although I have a lot of weight to lose still, I"m comfortable with where I"m at everywhere but there. Don't have any idea why my body dropped all that weight off my back and butt and I swear nothing's come off the front half, LOL. If you look at me from behind you'd think I weigh one weight and if you see me from the front you'd add about 80 pounds to that... so strange!
  • DWray44
    It's weird..I posted something this morning, but I don't see it!
    Anyway, hope you're all doing well, miss you all!
    Getting back at it soon, hopefully, as I can now take some steps without my cane.
    Plus, I'm planning to go to a bluegrass festival this weekend with my sisters, and that always lifts my spirits! Been a little down lately, but I'm hanging in there!
  • DWray44
    It's weird..I posted something this morning, but I don't see it!
    Anyway, hope you're all doing well, miss you all!
    Getting back at it soon, hopefully, as I can now take some steps without my cane.
    Plus, I'm planning to go to a bluegrass festival this weekend with my sisters, and that always lifts my spirits! Been a little down lately, but I'm hanging in there!

UM, apparently I'm a bit of a moron and didn't even notice my own thing! LOL You'll have to excuse me! :laugh:
  • DWray44
    Lulu - YES YES YES You got it girl. Now if we can just remember it and stick to it. I think that's exactly right to make some small changes in your calories and see if that helps.

DWray, hurray for walking!

I talked to the trainer about my proposed summer schedule. He said start out 2 days of the step class per week, not 3, and see how it goes. Today I only did my trainer workout but I want to go to the other gym tonight and do the step class... we'll see if I'm still motivated by then. If not, I'll do water aerobics tonight for cardio because I just can't stand to think about the elliptical or the treadmill... He had me row on the machine today, go 800 meters in less than 5 mins... I did it in 4:44. I don't know if that's good or not, LOL. But it was something different. He worked my abs hard so I know I will be feeling that later.

Who was it, someone asked about exercises at home... do you want me to share what the trainer does with me? I did a few threads ago and then we kind of did the same thing or used circuit training machines... but I can share what he's done with me so far, especially the abs ones, since I have a huge belly and abdomen. You know that's the only area that I feel is huge anymore, which is kind of cool. I used to have a huge butt, huge this, huge that... and now, just my belly is huge although I have a lot of weight to lose still, I"m comfortable with where I"m at everywhere but there. Don't have any idea why my body dropped all that weight off my back and butt and I swear nothing's come off the front half, LOL. If you look at me from behind you'd think I weigh one weight and if you see me from the front you'd add about 80 pounds to that... so strange!

Though I didn't ask about your exercises, I'd be very interested in knowing(especially for the belly area!
  • cyndeebee
    Okay...It's "Mama Cindy" here to give you all a pep talk!
    So many of us are in plateau mode. And it STINKS to be in plateau mode, when you're being reasonably diligent, working your butts off (literally), and trying to keep that cheerful disposition.
    But I'm here to tell you...It is NOT in vain! Think of the positive things you've done for your entire well-being!
    Think of the life-long good habits you're developing. Good for you! And you! And you...
    Think of the difference in how you perceive the world around you, yourself, what you can accomplish if you put your mind to it.

So...Turn that frown upside down...
    Raise your expectations! Believe that this is the week you're going to see a LOSS. If not this week, know that it will happen.
    I promise you.

And isn't it time you did something special for yourself?
    We need to learn how to reward ourselves in this life. (It's part of self-love, and when you can love yourself, you can pass it on to many other people.)
    So...Reward yourself.
    Get a manicure. Or a haircut. Buy a trinket. A new outfit.
    If you don't have funds for a store-bought treat, give yourself time to do your own manicure.
    Me? I'm going to lighten my hair.
    I may alter a blouse I'd like to wear to the reunion (if I can find the courage...it's bright red with lots of embroidery).

I hope my words help some of you.
    If I was there, in person, I'd give each of you a big hug.
    Everyone of you has given me the courage to keep trying. Even when I would have long ago given up, I can come here and get motivated all over again.

Feel the love, Team. Feel the love...:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: