5 Year Success Story - Before & After

Options

Replies

• mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments. How very inspirational!
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    amazing and very inspirational..... outstanding, everyone around you, and yourself i imagine must be brimign with pride due to you AMAZING success! :):)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Heroic comes to mind. What a great story and it sounds like you are a great role model. I am very impressed with the way you turned your life around. I hope that you live a long healthy life.:flowerforyou:
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Bump. I want to read this again and again. :happy:
  • srdeaver
    srdeaver Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation - congrats! You give a wonderful gift to your family. God bless you!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Your story had me tearing up a bit. Congratulations to you for not only getting fit, being sober and smoke free, but for getting your life back. Sometimes the only way to find yourself is to be completely lost.
  • emmelean
    emmelean Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Your story is the most successful and amazing one I have ever read. Thank you for sharing your incredible journey with us. I agree with others - your story should be published! Congratulations to you for choosing to live and accomplishing so much! LOVE your dog!!!! :heart:
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    This is truly an amazing and touching story! So glad you turned your life around!!!!
  • RuthlessB
    RuthlessB Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Absolutely AMAZING!!!! GOD Bless YOU, your family, and all of your endeavors!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!! Folks like YOU and your life stories of success....... with the ups and downs give me and sooooo many others inspiration to keep working hard!! THANX!!!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :happy: God bless you for sharing your story. There is no telling how many lives you have touched by being bold enough to share. Congrats on this wonderful success. And so happy for your wife and kids...they can enjoy you for a long time. You are an inspiration indeed!:heart:
  • PDVanG
    PDVanG Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have a very inspiring story! Congratulations on turning your life around, getting healthy, and losing weight!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Beautifully written, thank you for sharing your story with us. You look great, but best is how you feel about yourself, your life, and your attitude. :flowerforyou: a million times over
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    This is the most inspirational story I have seen to date on here... thank you for sharing it with us :)

Thank you also to your dog for protecting you that night so that you could begin your journey!!
  • RuthlessB
    RuthlessB Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    One of the BEST and PROFOUND comments I've EVER read...."Sometimes the only way to find yourself is to be completely lost."......Thanx for posting this!!
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I was very happy to read your success story. I only wish some of my relatives had learned this valuable lesson too but unfortunately they won't ever have another chance to. My Uncle was killed instantly when he wrapped his automobile around a tree in the middle of the night. In his drunken and drug-induced stupor, he lost control of his car and went airborne. The car was in the shape of a horseshoe and was half way up the tree on impact. His autopsy revealed a very high level of alcohol and drugs too numerous to mention.

My brother followed him in death a few years later. His body was found in a cow pasture nine days after he was reported missing from his home. The only thing left of him was his skeletal remains. The animals picked him clean. He was a raging alcoholic and drug abuser and had been since early childhood. Alcohol and drug abuse was the cause of his death. He was only forty nine years old.

My cousin died shortly thereafter from an alcohol-induced motorcycle accident......he was only in his early thirties.

My son is a recovering alcoholic/drug abuser.......just celebrated four years clean.

You see we come from a long line of abusers.....it definitely is in the DNA, a fact I used to scoff at until I took a good look around my family tree. Good luck to you in your journey and congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing story! You truly are an inspiration.
  • mctiernan
    mctiernan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration. Thank you for sharing.
  • StacyX582
    Options
    I now realize that so much of what we do in life to avoid doing the right thing is more work than it would take to do the those right things (and the avoidance comes with zero or even negative benefit!).

WOW, is that ever true. Also, holy moly on your 5 years of accomplishments - what an amazing story! You ROCK!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Tearing up here too - what a fantastic inspiration you are
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! I am so happy for you! WHAT A JOURNEY!!!!

What dam is that in your picture?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!