5 Year Success Story - Before & After

Options

Replies

• sunnygal1
    Options
    Had to keep going back again and again to read because I couldn't see through all the tears! Thank you for sharing and congratulations on all that you have accomplished. :flowerforyou:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. You have turned your life around 100%, so amazing! Congrats on your new, healthy life!
  • angelltn
    Options
    WOW! I'm completely speechless. A true inspiration! A true celebration that you are alive and living life to its fullest! Congratulations!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    You don't mention your wife again after the beginning, but I'm hoping she is still in your life.

Yes - still married. :love:
    Where's that dog???

Oh, yeah! I should have put a picture of Rosie in there. She's still here - she was only about 2 at the time.

IMG_3254.jpg
    What dam is that in your picture?

Grand Coulee in Central Washington - I have family in the area.

Today has shown me what an INCREDIBLE community MFP really is. I'm blessed to have signed up. Thank you to everyone.
  • misslee79
    Options
    What an amazing story! Thank you for sharing. I am glad that you found hope and strength, and look forward to your update on your half iron man. The iron man is one of my ultimate goals, your story is truly inspiring!
  • kellykelz86
    kellykelz86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is truly an amazing story. Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing and inspiring. As a daughter of an alcoholic father (who has been sober 20 years now, but didn't stop until I was 10), you have given your child the best gift ever of a sober, present and healthy father. You should be very proud of yourself and the example you are setting for your family. Congratulations.
  • jschm947
    jschm947 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing awesome things!
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    The best narration ever read on MFP.... Congratulations and have a beautiful life ahead :)
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, and congratulations on all of our accomplishments! You are truly inspiring!!
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    Just wow... that was such an honest and heartfelt post, you are simply amazing for being able to turn your life around like that and for all your achievements!
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I ma in tears reading this. Thank you!
  • martina123321
    Options
    congrats on your success!! really proud of you - its opened my eyes. My journey starts today because of your success, I was on the road of giving up as it is getting the better of me. IT ISNT NOW OR WILL EVER!! thank you xxx
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. Now that is a story!

Congrats and God bless!
  • jofromnz
    jofromnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow - well done for re-claiming what is rightfully yours - happiness and a sense of purpose in your life. I love hearing such inspirational tales!!! Keep up the awesome work!!!! :) Your family will be so much happier for the changes you decided to make!!!! :) Great work!!!
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL
  • TracyV125
    TracyV125 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow.....what an inspiring story! You look fantastic! Congrats on your sobriety & turning your life around. Now you'll be around to watch your daughter grow up. Awesome job!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That is so cool. TO not only give up drinking, but smoking, than to become an athlete. You are one strong individual.
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you for telling your story! True inspiration in a thousand ways.
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Rock on, Man!!!! God bless you and hang tough. You are an inspiration in many ways! BELIEVE!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!