5"6 ladies- whats your goal?

Options

Replies

• mmak38
    Options
    Good luck... You can do it. I was 153 this summer and am down to 135.8. Lots of cardio, little bit of strength training, and watching the calories. I feel great. Will be able to wear a bikini on my cruise and I'm 39!
  • mmak38
    Options
    Congrats on your progress!
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I started at 237lb on Jan 1st, now at 223lb. Goal weight of 150lb then I'll re-assess.
  • JazznaeSharee
    Options
    I'm currently 170-173, my first goal is 140-145. after that I will evaluate how I feel and see what my man thinks about my body. Personally I wouldn't mind weighing 120, but my man doesn't really want me to be that small.
  • MrsDanii
    Options
    Hello im 5'6 , currently 179.. mh next goal is 135 :)
  • LisaStanley500
    LisaStanley500 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5'6", goal was 140, but thinking maybe I could hit that 135...
  • toned_n_curvy
    Options
    i'm 165-163ish right now, my 1st goal weight is 150 and to be honest, i already look 140 (my picture was taken when i was 175, its old) so i figure i'll look pretty damn good when i lose that 13 extra pounds...
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Wow there are a lot of us on here...lol

I am 5'6" and I started MFP at 254.
    Currently working toward getting under 200 and into ONEderland.
    My goal is 155 and then re-assess my situation.
    I have an athletic build and want to keep that and just be slim athletic again.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Im 55 in April, 5' 5 1/2" tall, started at 205, goal is 135. Currently at 137 and might re-think goal of 132 so I can reach my plan to never be over 135!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 40 years old. About 3 years ago, I suddenly lost 40 pounds and was down to 135. I liked that weight. I was about a size 6/8 (depending on the make of the pants) and I was just very confident and generally happy with the way I looked. (Let's face it - for someone who's been/felt overweight her whole life, there is always going to be something I hate about my body - at that weight it was the sag in my belly skin and that my breasts were tube socks!) Over the last year I have gained 55 pounds. I know that my age is partly the problem, coupled with my leaving a job where I was on my feet walking around for 8 hours and instead taking a desk job at my husband's business. My current goal is to go from 190 to 150 by this summer. From there, we'll see. The weight goals are all going to be a little different based on body type - I wouldn't go lower than 135 (actually, I like 140-145 better) because I'm curvy with a larger chest. I like my curves! ;-)
    My body will never be perfect now - that ship has sailed, but whatever tummy bulge I am left with looks a heck of a lot more "normal" in size 4 - size 6 clothes. I can wear anything. I think when your clothes fit you properly then you know where your size is. Size 8 fit me like a dream at 153 but I still had a stomach bulge that I was fighting. Now I have to play with different sizes from 4 to 6, but I look good in clothes now. Yeah, some sagging skin, but I'd rather be healthy than fat. I chose 132 as it is right in the middle of the BMI for my height. Good place to land. Good enough for me! Good luck to everyone. You can do it!
  • lmcneil1981
    Options
    I just joined earlier tonight and I am so ashamed of my initial weight, but my desire is to be under 250, it sounds like a long road ahead but I know that I can do it with will power and motivation from you guys!!! This webzite is heaven sent....be blessed!!!
  • TiffanyTalk
    Options
    i am 5'6" currently at 171 lbs"ish" and want to be 150. I have never beat the 160 lbs threshold though :-( i have lost about 7lbs so far since i started in the beginning of January. Tonsil surgery monday, that should help ;-)
  • pinkstarr
    Options
    Wow. There is such a wide range of goal weights. I'm currently 151 lbs (I truly can not believe I typed that...). My highest weight was around 180 at 37 weeks pregnant. I gained almost 50 lbs during my pregnancy. Prior to pregnancy I was around 132 lbs. I was trying to lose the 5-7 lbs I recently gained before I learned I was pregnant. I'm comfortable at 127 lbs so that is my goal. My ultimate goal would be 123. I've been as low as 117 lbs but I think those days are long gone. I was super active, single and had lots of time on my hands.

So long answer short- 127 lbs GW
  • jujuevins
    Options
    Very interesting reading everyone's goals.....
    I'm 5'6". Started at 154lbs. First goal was 144lbs. Next goal was 140lbs and I'm essentially there. I'm thrilled and feel as good as I've felt in YEARS.

But now, I think I'm going to readjust my goal to 135lb and work on strengthening my body. I think 135 would be as far as I'd want to go.

I have to say MFP app on my iphone has been life changing. I enjoy checking in and counting my calories. It's a game to me. It's something I'm going to keep on doing and I now know what it takes to eat healthy and not overeat.
  • monicalynne68
    monicalynne68 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm actually 5'5". My goal is 120 lbs. I started at 193 and I'm down to 172 now
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 140-ish lb right now. My original goal was 140, but now I am aiming for 135 or whatever looks good on me!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my gw is 125
    Current weight is 188.8 :-)
  • JessJess514
    Options
    I am 5'6

Weigh 197lbs

My goal is 145.... Ultimate goal 135 :)

2/5/12 --- Day one :-D
  • sjfourniea
    Options
    I am 5'6 and weight 172lbs. My goal is 150. Being a mom of two kids and a fire fighter for two different towns I need my muscles to stay ;) I just want to feel healthy and able to do my job for another 20 years :)
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have a medium frame and my goal is 135. My highest weight was 183, and I am now 147. I am wearing 8s and 10s at this weight, and hope to be in 6s and 8s. In the past, the lowest I have been was 118, but I used to hang around in the mid 120's when I was in my 20's (41 now), but I think I definitely have more muscle and tone now, and look better! For me it will definitely be more about how I look and feel and how clothes fit than the number on the scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!