Weight Loss Tips THAT WORK

Options
what are some weight loss tips that work...

Replies

• RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    1. Consume fewer calories than you expend.

The End.
  • cooter2533
    Options

The End.

Only tip u will need.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

The End.

Accurate.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options

The End.

Truth. Though it should be mentioned you need to consume enough to... you know, live on. Find the middle ground.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Lots of water :)
  • MamaEdmund
    MamaEdmund Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Move move move!
  • livingaloha
    Options
    Track everything that you eat or drink, and your exercise here on MFP. It is really working for me, which nothing else has for a very long time. It keeps me honest, and helps me realize where I am doing ok, and what I still need to work on to be healthy and fit. so I track it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly-lol! :smile:
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    Options
    THANK - YOU !!!!!!!
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I need lots of water too, to both clear out my system and to also make me feel less hungry. I find 8 cups doesn't cut it for me - depending on exercise that day (and this is just for me personally) I find between 10 and 17 cups a day for me.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more...
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Track everything that you eat or drink, and your exercise here on MFP. It is really working for me, which nothing else has for a very long time. It keeps me honest, and helps me realize where I am doing ok, and what I still need to work on to be healthy and fit. so I track it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly-lol! :smile:

this is RIGHT ON and true. I agree.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,425 Member
    Options

The End.

To make certain this is happening because this IS the no. 1 tip:

1. Buy a heart rate monitor with a strap so you know what your true exercise burn is.
    2. Measure/weigh what you eat.
    3. Log everything you eat.
    4. Drink lots of water.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options

The End.

To make certain this is happening because this IS the no. 1 tip:

1. Buy a heart rate monitor with a strap so you know what your true exercise burn is.
    2. Measure/weigh what you eat.
    3. Log everything you eat.
    4. Drink lots of water.

This. Polat FT60 is a fab hrm! X
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options

The End.
    Nuff said.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've got lots of tips.

1. Eat more whole foods, less processed.
    2. Drink water, a lot of water. All the time
    3. Eat regularly
    4. Carry a healthy snack at all times. You will need it at some point.
    5. Move more than you do now.
    6. Sleep, seriously. Go to bed a bit earlier, don't rely on snooze, make yourself comfortable. Unplug for the night!
    7. Track your food every day. Make it a habit, even if you go 1000 calories over, track.
    8. Make workout or activity plans with friends, even if those friends are online. Online challenges can be great motivators.
    9. Measure your food. Measure it every time until you are sure you can eyeball it. After a few weeks of eyeballing it, measure again. You will probably discover that your eyeball measurements are off the mark
    10. Make a plan. Decide you are going to workout and then schedule it into your day. Decide you are going to eat healthier, print off some healthier recipes, and then go to the grocery store and buy those healthy foods.
    11. Prep in advance. Boil eggs or broil chicken breasts several at a time. Cut fruit and veggies for quick snacks. Make your own single serving packs. Think about the next days meal the night before so you can defrost the meat or pick up any last minute ingreadients.
  • blessmy5
    Options
    I've got lots of tips.

1. Eat more whole foods, less processed.
    2. Drink water, a lot of water. All the time
    3. Eat regularly
    4. Carry a healthy snack at all times. You will need it at some point.
    5. Move more than you do now.
    6. Sleep, seriously. Go to bed a bit earlier, don't rely on snooze, make yourself comfortable. Unplug for the night!
    7. Track your food every day. Make it a habit, even if you go 1000 calories over, track.
    8. Make workout or activity plans with friends, even if those friends are online. Online challenges can be great motivators.
    9. Measure your food. Measure it every time until you are sure you can eyeball it. After a few weeks of eyeballing it, measure again. You will probably discover that your eyeball measurements are off the mark
    10. Make a plan. Decide you are going to workout and then schedule it into your day. Decide you are going to eat healthier, print off some healthier recipes, and then go to the grocery store and buy those healthy foods.
    11. Prep in advance. Boil eggs or broil chicken breasts several at a time. Cut fruit and veggies for quick snacks. Make your own single serving packs. Think about the next days meal the night before so you can defrost the meat or pick up any last minute ingreadients.

In addition to less calories in and move more.... Do this!!!
  • jlambert77
    jlambert77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    watch the movie Fat Head
    it'll help.
  • itsablondething
    itsablondething Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    In addition to some of the other great ones... plan in advance. If I know I am going away, doing something special, etc, I plan in advance for it. A few days ago, I was going away for a conference. I scoped out local restaurants, and knew where and what I'd be eating, and how many calories it had in it before I ever left my house.

I also have very little time for cooking through the week. As of today, I have all meals/veggies cooked so all I have do is come home and nuke them, lunches prepped and ready to go to work, and my home-made yogurt parfaits stacked up for 2 days in the fridge (that's one thing I only like to do two days in advance, but even starting and scratch making the yogurt takes only a few minutes of hands on time). But making my own yogurt makes it much healthier, and so much better, and I can control the kind of sweetner that goes in it, etc.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Be consistent. You can't really gauge true progress unless you're consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    1 Don't treat it as a diet, treat it as a new way of life.

2 you will have good days, you WILL have bad days. But make sure that you have many more good days than bad.