These chips don't taste as amazing as I remember

2»

Replies

• BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Junk food still tastes great to me, but at least I'm getting to where I prefer healthier foods over the junk. Example: My new favorite snack is celery and peanut butter. I come home from work craving it, and it seems more appealing than some Reese's out a vending machine. I made some tea the other night and didn't have to add sugar because it already tasted sweet to me. Small signs that I'm getting there.
  • My wife and I cut out most takeaways last year (before we began to try and lose weight - just an attempt to eat a bit more healthy), then had some KFC after a few months. We both felt very ill afterwards! McD was the same.
  • so true; many times when I'm exercising I'm craving berries... and then usually I'll eat lots of blueberries/rasberries! (and not driving to McD any more :smile: )
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    I worked at a pizza place in college. I loved their deep dish pizza, but when I started to work there I convinced myself it was disgusting. Spending hours past your elbows in greasy pizza pan dishwater should have been enough to maintain the self-deception. It actually worked for over a year, until that one night when I was really hungry. It was all downhill from there. Luckily I finished college a couple of months later and quit that job.
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    My wife and I cut out most takeaways last year (before we began to try and lose weight - just an attempt to eat a bit more healthy), then had some KFC after a few months. We both felt very ill afterwards! McD was the same.

Agreed! I totally can't eat KFC or McD's. They both give me a horrible stomach ache.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    As a kid, I loved Little Debbie, any kind, it didn't matter.

When I hit like 20, they started tasting ...just greasy.

I still crave on occasionally - I am always disappointed.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Nope! Been doing this 5 months and junk foods still taste AMAZING. lol. Can't wait for that to change ><
    [/quot] I love junk food,its awesome but so bad for you.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    I recently had a meal at McD's and drank fanta for the first time in a loooong while. God it was sugary! Like, if you took a glass full of sugar, added a bit of water and orange flavouring. It would taste the same! In fact that's probably the recipie.

Also my mom quit all sugar cold turkey ages ago. And now she thinks it's disgusting. Like, she used to love this one kind of honey covered milk chocolate, but now she can't even have 85% dark chocolate without being all "Eew too much sugar!".