What do you wear to workout?

Options

Replies

• JesseJaymz
    JesseJaymz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    T-shirt. usually a double XL so that i can move around and some shorts. whatever i can stretch in and run.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Haha interesting categories!
    I wear a sports bra, tank top and shorts :b To me it's comfortable, and I can't have too many layers while I'm working out!
    But that's in the confines of my own bedroom.
    If I go running, it's workout capris and a baggy t-shirt :)
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    * my gym clothes should reflect my personal style
    * it's all about performance and durability for me, whatever wicks sweat and lasts the longest

Those are me to a T. I get my workout clothing from the plus sized section of the Old Navy website. I'll be that large 286 pound woman you see wearing the brightly colored sport tanks with the black compression pants, flabby rolls be damned! If I'm going to work out and actually stick to it, then I want to wear what I want and not really care about how it conforms to my flaws. So since my mind tells me that I'll have more fun at the gym and stay motivated better if I wear bright colors, then that's what I do. I just wish the tops that I have from them came in more colors per style than just bright and dark.
  • sampa91
    sampa91 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I actually wear a pair of mens skins I find the stay up better than the pair of women's ones I have! though they are cheap ones so maybe if I spend some more money I would be better off??
    anyone else in the same situation as me?
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Old shirts that are too big on me now mostly
    Slacks (some of holes in them, but I just can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on clothes I'll only wear for an hour a day)
    Sneakers
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    on the gazelle i wear baggy sweats tee and sweatshirt
    running i wear grey legging jogging pants and tee with sweatshirt
  • melrose09
    Options
    I like to wear stretchy cropped pants that are cropped just below my knee. If I'm doing strength or acro I will wear a tight tank but if I'm running I wear a light t-shirt
  • kalepowered
    kalepowered Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Almost all my workout stuff is from Target - their Champion stuff. It fits me well, is comfortable, and looks nice to boot. When I work out at home, I just wear a short-sleeve shirt that wicks moisture and a pair of shorts (that on my butt are more like booty shorts, but hey... if you got it flaunt it). When I'm out jogging, I have to layer on some thicker cloth pants (and tights on really cold days), then the same short-sleeve shirt, a long-sleeve shirt of whatever variety is clean, my ski jacket (which I got for free as a Christmas present from work and it's the same quality/style of the fancy North Face ones) and a fleece headband & gloves. It's winter in Minnesota so I'm layered like crazy right now, but we'll see what happens when the cold lets up.
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My boxer briefs.
    i once walked in on my husband playing the xbox kinect doing some work out game and he was in nothing but his boxer briefs....i laughed hysterically, I even snorted.

my boyfriend tells me that often times, he works out in less!
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like to wear yoga capris and a fitten tshirt or tank... BUT tonight I did a 2 mile workout.. in scrubs and dansko's... HAHAHA Killing time at work!
  • cerrajean
    Options
    I like to look cute in my workout clothes.... I started at 231 and a size XXL and got my workout clothes at Target. Of course, they didn't look all that "cute" on in a size XXL but as I am losing I am starting to look cuter and cuter in them. When I hit 200 lbs (which I am 10 lbs away) I plan to go to ****'s sporting goods and pick out a few more pieces because I really enjoy having cute work out clothes, it motivates me. I also plan to buy some new running shoes. I have "mini goals" and "rewards" for when I hit those mini goals.
    Wow, did it actually censor ****'s Sporting Goods? What if my neighbor's name is Richard, but he goes by ****? What if I worked out while listening to Moby **** - an e-novel, on my ipod?
  • cerrajean
    Options
    I like to look cute in my workout clothes.... I started at 231 and a size XXL and got my workout clothes at Target. Of course, they didn't look all that "cute" on in a size XXL but as I am losing I am starting to look cuter and cuter in them. When I hit 200 lbs (which I am 10 lbs away) I plan to go to ****'s sporting goods and pick out a few more pieces because I really enjoy having cute work out clothes, it motivates me. I also plan to buy some new running shoes. I have "mini goals" and "rewards" for when I hit those mini goals.
    Wow, did it actually censor ****'s Sporting Goods? What if my neighbor's name is Richard, but he goes by ****? What if I worked out while listening to Moby **** - an e-novel, on my ipod?

Wow, MFP's censorship is downright ****ensian!
  • c2me12ad6
    c2me12ad6 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I want to be comfy that is my top concern. Usually pair of nike or adidas soccer shorts...any random t shirt but not tight...compression shorts or i call them my spanx under my other shorts and a nike dri fit sports bra. comfy comfy comfy! But sporty lookin at teh same time ;-)
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Cowboy boots and a thong... Or my cousin's "12 Steps" t-shirt and yoga pants if it's laundry day... I feel pretty good about it. :smokin:
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought anything specific as size has always been an issue (and still is in my head...). I'm in agreement that they think anyone over 14 doesn't exercise. This put me off a long time ago.

I do have jodphurs for riding but generally ride in a tour-tshirt or one I've shrunk out of.

For running / bike / 30 DS i'm wearing standard cotton leggings but again these are too big. Or track bottoms... which fall down! lol

I need to get some more clothes! lol
  • PockyBunny
    Options
    I just wear shorts with an elastic waist and over-sized t-shirts. I look like crap, but I can move in them.
  • BuffERRN
    BuffERRN Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I wear athletic shorts at a cut off or an old crappy t- shirt... Nothing fancy, but effective.
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    * whatever's clean, I don't care about my workout clothes, as long as I am comfy

This. I just want to be comfy :) I am very fussy about comfort, particularly when on the treadmill. Sometimes I run with no shoes on (just thick socks) because I can't stand the feel of my shoes :embarassed: I don't recommend this lol.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I usually workout at home so I don't really care what I wear. I do have nice sports bras for fruit of a loom & I get my pants from thrift shops, but I've found some good brand/condition for a cheap price.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    * whatever's clean, I don't care about my workout clothes, as long as I am comfy - I used to be this, when I started working out I bought a few cheap sweat pants from Asda and a load of £2 t shirts from the mens section in Primark

now I kind of a mix of these two * matching and coordinated from head to toe * it's all about performance and durability for me, whatever wicks sweat and lasts the longest. If I wear my navy pants I don't wear my black top or trainers, that's about as far as the matchy goes for me, just make sure not to colour clash too much. I can't work out in my tshirt anymore I get too hot and it puts me out of my mental zone so I need tops that will keep me cool and dry