What Do You Watch Most? (Calories, Fat, Carbs, Sugar, etc.)

Options
124»

Replies

• whiterice83
    whiterice83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Calories
    Sodium
    Fat
    Sugar
    Carbs
  • nihummel
    nihummel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I watch calories first and foremost, they are afterall the most important variable in weight loss. I also try to work out at least 5 days a week. I watch fiber (need to keep the bowels in check, lol), protein (to keep me fuller longer), and sodium (I tend to retain water if its too high).
  • langstonmom
    langstonmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For heart health I watch saturated fat and sodium intake. I also make sure I keep the sugar within reason.
  • jdcraik
    jdcraik Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Definitely carbs - but especially certain types of carbs. By all means stay away from sugar, processed wheat and processed wheat products (white bread, white pasta). The problem is that there are tons of processed carbs (which have very little if any nutritional value) in most processed and prepared foods.

Watching calories is important, but shifting the types of calories you eat is crucial too.
  • gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I mainly keep track of calories, but sodium and sugar are important, not so worried about carbs because the carbs I eat are the healthy kind. But I def try to eat my recommended protein, fibre and iron
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    1. Sodium
    2. Calories
    3. Carbs
    4. Protein

I know....strange that I watch sodium the most but I found that everything else falls into place easier when my sodium is in check. IF I go over in sodium, even a little, I will gain 4-5 lbs in water weight which takes me several days to flush.
  • anabell31
    Options
    Both my parents have diabetes and there's a family history of HBP and heart disease, so I watch sugar, sodium, and fat the most
  • wcsangel
    Options
    1. Calories
    2. Fat
    3. Carbs
    4. Sodium
    5. Protein
  • mccdl34
    mccdl34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Number 1 for me is fat. I started watching my diet because of high cholesterol. But I have such an easy time watching fat now that really I concentrate more on calories. After calories is sodium, which I do very poorly at watching. I never add extra salt, but we eat too many things out of boxes and cans.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    For me its exercise, then calories, then carbs/sugar. I have PCOS so I must monitor carbs
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    1. Calories
    2. Carbs
    3. Sodium
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Carbs, calories