MEAT MEAT MEAT, WHO LOVES MEAT!!!!!

Options

Replies

• BigDaddy822
    Options
    Tuna, Chicken and Porterhouses the things a man can't live without. Oh yea and Peanut Butter but not sure if that works!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have never tasted fresh salmon. Just the stuff out of a can. Is fresh better? Not a big fish eater.
    Oh my god yes. It is so good fresh. I'm not a huge fish fan, but salmon doesn't even taste like fish to me. We smoke it, grill it, pickle it, and bake it in the late summer-fall when we can catch it ourselves.
    Sounds good. I am a total failure when it comes to cooking fish. I usually over cook it so it's dry. I hesitate to buy any until I know how to prepare it. Any tips are welcome. There is salmon in Lake Michigan so the fresh stuff is pretty plentiful here, even in winter.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm totally on this wagon! Gotta use my incisors for something :laugh:
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Just ate Bratwurst. I love meat, but eat it in moderation because my gut doesn't always like it.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    media-28030-98257.jpg
    :bigsmile:
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    Who loves meat?

Well, it really depends.
    Is it factory farmed meat?

The reason I ask is that the farming practices in factory farms are cruel. :sad:
    And the slaughter process is very, very painful. It's actually torture!:sad: :sad: :sad:

When an animal suffers, when a panicked animal is tortured during the slaughter, it releases stress hormones that give the meat a fabulous taste.

Factory farming is WONDERFUL!:drinker:
    I ONLY eat factory farmed meat.....

OMG!!! Don't you watch all the food documentaries on Netflix???
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    media-28030-98257.jpg
    :bigsmile:

That's actually sexy...
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I absolutely love meat and eat it every day, but at the same time could absolutely live vegetarian and have for months at a time here and there.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Tuna, Chicken and Porterhouses the things a man can't live without. Oh yea and Peanut Butter but not sure if that works!
    Yes! Lol.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Umm I had half a kilo of mini chicken breast fillets for dinner tonight, nothing else just the chicken, marinated in chinese five spice & ginger & cooked on my George grill, so I think the answer is ....yes.

My husband is from SE Asia & can't believe the massive amount of meat waste here in the UK, in his country we eat everything. Chicken feet although an acquired taste really are good & you can't really appreciate what wusses we are till you are picking out beak & skull from soup or sucking down on a silk worm.
  • mrshmiller9
    Options
    Hubby's got steak cooking right now...
    Yum!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    Red meat,steak,hamburger,bacon its all good.Fish,chicken,turkey all good.I think its okay to eat meat when dieting just have to watch how much of it you eat.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I have never tasted fresh salmon. Just the stuff out of a can. Is fresh better? Not a big fish eater.

OMG!! Just went to a sushi restaurant last week and had FRESH salmon...melts in the mouth...flavor party!
  • Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    My favourite is spare ribs in barbecue sauce. Nothing like tearing meat, sinew and tendons of a bone, feels good, tastes good.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Beef. Its what's for dinner...everyday since I don't care for poultry or seafood except on occasion.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    <
    BACON
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    One of my fav ways to cook salmon is like a hash, diced onion, garlic, diced part boiled potatoes, a bit of olive oil & chuck it all in a pan with a bit of olive oil & fry till cooked. a smidge of back pepper & good to go. yummy
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options

That's unfortunate for you because there are a number of scientific studies that show the adrenalin released during pre-slaughter stress has a negative impact on the flavour of the meat. i.e. It tastes less 'meaty'. The less stress the animal is under, the less adrenalin is released, the better the meat tastes.

If you're going to eat it, you might as well eat the tastiest you can get. (Which, I would guess, would be something you've killed yourself with a single shot at long-range).
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    media-28030-98257.jpg

LOL, couldn't resist. NOW I'm sexy. Except for the part that looks like I was putting on lipstick during a seizure...which was most likely caused by EATING MEAT!!!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Who loves meat?

Well, it really depends.
    Is it factory farmed meat?

The reason I ask is that the farming practices in factory farms are cruel. :sad:
    And the slaughter process is very, very painful. It's actually torture!:sad: :sad: :sad:

When an animal suffers, when a panicked animal is tortured during the slaughter, it releases stress hormones that give the meat a fabulous taste.

OMG!!! Don't you watch all the food documentaries on Netflix???
    I do.
    When I am feeling down, they pick me right up!
    Seriously, I buy and prepare leans meats - indifferent to the source.
    Just don't care.
    I use that line above to skewer the sacred cows of these preachy animal rights snivelers.