Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    14128393.jpg
  • melloneill16
    melloneill16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    With the calories....processed and unhealthy foods have empty calories and fruit has calories and other health benefits like vitamins, minerals, etc. Yes it has sugar, but taken in moderation the benefit outway the little bit of sugar that is in there. That is why most ways of eating suggest a half of large fruit or one small fruit in between meals. But yes you definetly want to get credit for the calories of the fruit as your daily intake and if you log everything you put in your mouth you would be amazed why we look and feel we do! Let the food diary do the work for you with what you need! Good luck and feel free to add me if you like what I say! LOL
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I include everything I eat. Gum, coffee, mustard, tea bags. Nothing is free of calories! (except water) just be careful. Fruit can be quite a bit of calories. I eat about 2 bananas a day (big ones) and that is about 240 calories alone.
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers no longer counts fruits, but it has been worked into the program by the way they allocate your points to you. They also say do not eat unlimited even though it is free, to just eat to stop the hunger. On counting calories, you definitely need to count them in your daily totals.
  • I include everything I eat because I eat a lot of fruits and veggies, and not including their values would allow me to eat food that is not good for me instead of stopping while I'm ahead. Plus I love pears and they have tons of sugar, so now I try to limit myself to only 3 pears a week instead of like two a day. And we all need to be aware of exactly how much we are consuming.
    I feel really good when I look at my diary and realize that I ate healthfully all day.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I didn't even read the whole thread but why would you NOT log the calories?

Yes it's fruit, which is considerably better for you than most things, but it's calories are made of magic...

Obviously if you are following WW...that's cool. Although then I'm confused why you would be logging calories on MFP at the same time. Just curious. :)
  • EmilyHelene
    EmilyHelene Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There are lists of veggies and fruit on the internet that show the actual calories for the fruit and also how many calories it takes for your body to digest them. In the case of apples, oranges, and peaches it takes more calories to digest them than each item has in them.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    There are lists of veggies and fruit on the internet that show the actual calories for the fruit and also how many calories it takes for your body to digest them. In the case of apples, oranges, and peaches it takes more calories to digest them than each item has in them.

there is no such thing as "negative calorie foods". those lists are all over pintrest, and they lie to you.
    everything(except water) has calories and other nutritional information. log them.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Weightwatchers doesnt count fruit. OP, in your profile you said you'd tried these other methods, and they didn't work for you.

So....a method that didn't work had you ignore fruit. And now you're wiling to try a different method...but still want to ignore fruit.

I'm failing to see any logic there!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Weightwatchers doesnt count fruit. OP, in your profile you said you'd tried these other methods, and they didn't work for you.

So....a method that didn't work had you ignore fruit. And now you're wiling to try a different method...but still want to ignore fruit.

I'm failing to see any logic there!

That's the most logical thing I've heard all day lol
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I log everything..the good the bad and the WORST..lol I like logging fruits and veggies to keep track of nutrients as well as the calories. For me I watch my potassium very closely because I have had hypokalemia, where your potassium gets seriously low and can cause all sorts of horrible things to happen. It caused me to collapse in a parking lot and convulse then be hauled to the hospital in an ambulance...so yeah I track fruit for sure to make certain I get in what my potassium needs are.

I know weight watchers doesn't have you track many fruits because of the fiber content, but in my oppinion every calorie is a calorie, wether it's a healthy calorie or not :) That being said, if you are losing weight and feeling good about what you're doing, by all means, continue going on the way you are! Different things work for different people, and if you feel you need the freedom to snack on fruits without logging them, and it's not hurting your health in any way, then go for it!

Lauren
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    Yes you absolutely need to include fruit calories, veggie cals etc.

Log anything you put in your mouth.

yup, even penis.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Yes you absolutely need to include fruit calories, veggie cals etc.

Log anything you put in your mouth.

yup, even penis.

It's this sort of reply that makes me wonder if there are many adolescents on this site.

For God's sake.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If I eat it, I log it.

And... I think you answered your own question. If your fruit intake adds 200-300 calories per day, that is about 1/2 lb. per week of calories that are not accounted for.