Replies

• JBankey
    JBankey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hmmm. steak in moderation is good
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    A nice dry aged rib-eye with sliced tomatoes drizzled with a little balsamic reduction and a sprinkle of sea salt a side of fries and a bernaise for dipping... num!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Steak is fine. As long as you limit your intake of red meats you will not have a problem. And some beef is leaner than chicken....depends on the cut.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    we have steak every 3 to 6 months and only reason why isbecause it takes for ever to digest and it rots in your insides before it does!!!! how gross is that

:laugh: Oh you!
  • hsmithway
    Options
    Usually I make steak once every other week or so, and I cut it into thin strips, and eat a little bit on top of a big green salad. I'm not even a big steak lover, but sometimes I need a break from the boneless skinless chicken breasts.
  • teachmond
    Options
    I agree I don't think steak is bad which seems to be what everyone is saying.
  • Bailey543
    Options
    If you are Paleo (like me...go ahead and let the bashing begin) you can have steak as often as you want. I have it for breakfast sometimes, with eggs. Still lose weight :) Mind you, I eat until I am full, so I don't have tons and tons, because ever since I've started Paleo, I'm not hungry as often :) Steak is yummy!!!! I just don't over-do it.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Not as flashy as everyone else's pics, but I just pulled them off the grill.

Vsteak.jpg
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I really love steak. Especially a super rare steak. I cant have them very often due to my preference of cuts and the depth of my pockets, but when I do get one, I love every bloody, drippy bite. For some reason though, red meat does mess with my tummy. It seems to move much faster than most things. I wouldnt want to eat it every day, but I would like to have it every week or 2.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Dammit!!!!!!! Now I want a steak!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Yum... Steak!
    Proud to be at the top of the food chain!

me too. People that are scared of food scare me. :huh:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i LOVE steak. i eat it at least 2x a week, sometimes more. life is not worth living w/o some yummy steak!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Vsteak.jpg
    Bambi-licious!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Do you guys like thick steak, or thin-cut steak?
    I like my steak thick...
  • paleojamie
    Options
    Steak is fabulous tasting, but let's be honest.
    It's just not 100% healthy.
    So, what to do?
    My choice is to have the steak one time weekly.

I need those foods or else it's just not worth the effort.

man you are so right .. everything you say is true :)

Moderation is key .. no matter what your goal!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Do you guys like thick steak, or thin-cut steak?
    I like my steak thick...
    I bet you do...
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    we have steak every 3 to 6 months and only reason why isbecause it takes for ever to digest and it rots in your insides before it does!!!! how gross is that

May I see your source please?

come on.. for real.. souces please.... that is not true... fact!

Hahaha, the source I found for that kind of information is Doctor Oz and he's talking about 2 days to 3 days, not FOR EVER.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    LOL I stay away from Steak as for I gain every time I eat it. But just watch what type that you buy get lean cuts and eat smaller size

Eating steak does not make you gain weight. Eating at a calorie surplus makes you gain weight. There's nothing magical in steak that would make you gain every time you eat it. Could be coincidence that you eat your steak on the day you've eaten foods that are high in sodium or high carbs and you have water retention.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options

Vsteak.jpg

can I please have your meat in my mouth?
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I can't eat a 'reasonable' portion of steak, so I just don't eat it at all. Not that I miss it, I stopped eating red meat 9 months ago and don't crave it anymore.