Replies

• AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    13fdf68050d69a9eec91e72f4775c10d7.jpg
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz, please. You should read something like Culture of Fear by Barry Glassner.
    This is silly. Steak is good.
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    just bought myself steak, its all about portion control, could never give it up lol

15348747.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    I eat red meat at least 4X a week...some weeks more. I love a nice bloody ribeye.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    It's considered bad because contains a more saturated fats and cholesterol than white meat or fish, and saturated fat and cholesterol have been the big bad boogeymen of the health industry for the past few decades.

BUT, it isn't processed or refined, it's mostly protein, and there are no carbs and sugar (which are becoming the new big bad boogeymen of the health industry) so I think most people here would agree that in moderation, a good old piece of steak isn't a bad thing.

I agree completely. Everything is about moderation! :)
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

can I please have your meat in my mouth?

I see what you did there...
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Are you guys talking about wieners now?
  • justjomama
    justjomama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Filet Migon is only steak i eat...is this bad?:embarassed:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Not as flashy as everyone else's pics, but I just pulled them off the grill.

Vsteak.jpg

Hi. You win the thread.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Do you guys like thick steak, or thin-cut steak?

I like thin-cut, carne asada style, with some fresh corn tortillas.

[img]http://www.wizardrecipes.com/upload/Carne Asada.jpg[/img]

Thats what I want, oh yeah. Drooling right now.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Are you guys talking about wieners now?

Correction: You tie the win with Josh.
  • Leslie271323
    Options
    Flank steak is one of the leanest cuts and it's pretty yummy! I grill it and slice it real thin and put in a healthy type of role like a wheat baguette with grilled veggies or I put on a salad! Try it :)
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Grilling Venison steaks for lunch right now!! Nom nom nom

Had deer burgers yesterday for the Super Bowl. Excellent eats!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    when you say bad what do you mean ?
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    People have been brainwashed to believe steak (meat)is bad, but you can't blame them, that's all they've heard all their lives.

This. If you can get grass fed it's even better for you!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    It's considered bad because contains a more saturated fats and cholesterol than white meat or fish, and saturated fat and cholesterol have been the big bad boogeymen of the health industry for the past few decades.

BUT, it isn't processed or refined, it's mostly protein, and there are no carbs and sugar (which are becoming the new big bad boogeymen of the health industry) so I think most people here would agree that in moderation, a good old piece of steak isn't a bad thing.

And the whole saturated fat and cholesterol issue is crap (saturated fat is only dangerous in the presence of carbohydrates). Both are critical to cell and brain function. In fact the cells are capable of making cholesterol and the brain makes its own cholesterol (glial cells) because LDL and HDL (which are actually lipoproteins that carry cholesterol) can't break the blood-brain barrier. enjoy your steak!!! I enjoy it almost every day (in fact, most of my calories come from fats like Kerrygold butter, coconut oil, and bacon fat (from uncured bacon). I also enjoy olive, avocado, and macadamia oil occasionally. And make sure I get plenty of fatty fish.

My average size steak at dinner is around 8oz and I eat every bite of it!!!
  • lildrako
    lildrako Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i still eat steak and i've lost 27 lbs so far . i can not live on fruits and veg alone must have meat.... lol i eat the sameas before just now i limit my portions and some added exercise when i know i am coming to my calorie goal for the day. :smile:
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    Grilling Venison steaks for lunch right now!! Nom nom nom

Oh, damn, venison...Mmmm.

Had bison for the first time a few weeks ago. Stuff tasted like beef only much, much BETTER!!!
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    DAMN, I want a steak right NOW!!! mmmmm, yummy:bigsmile:
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    Steak is fabulous tasting, but let's be honest.
    It's just not 100% healthy.
    So, what to do?
    My choice is to have the steak one time weekly.

I need those foods or else it's just not worth the effort.

man you are so right .. everything you say is true :)

Moderation is key .. no matter what your goal!

Steak is 100% healthy. Maybe not the crap that comes from the CAFO's. But a good high-quality grass-fed/finished meat is 100% healthy for you. And if you can't afford grass-fed/finished then buy the leanest cuts and add butter or coconut oil to it.

The moderation thing also applies to exercise. Too much is detrimental. Google Chronic Cardio. Yet I see people running themselves into the ground here.
    I eat lots of fat and meat and eggs. In fact, I have to eat tons of protein and fat just to maintain my weight (and not keep losing) in the absence of a high-carb diet.