what tattoos have you got? =)

Options

Replies

• SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    189282_10150111164268250_589103249_6659575_7091434_n.jpg

182019_10150098303483250_589103249_6531009_414671_n.jpg

I currently have 4 tattoos. The first is an 8th note that rests over my left breast. My best friend paid for it as a graduation gift in '09. It's there to show that I have a love for music! The second tattoo I had done (2010) are three small dog paws on my right hip, one of each of my sweet dogs back home in NC. Number three (bottom picture above) is the tree of life, with my zodiac symbol in the roots, celtic knot style, done in the fall of 2010. My fourth tattoo (And favorite) is Stitch in military garb, guarding Lilo. This was a birthday gift from my father, and symbolizes my husband and myself. I had it done three weeks before he went to Combat training (Before deployment) in early 2011.
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    tattoofh.png[img][/img]

See if this works...

tattoo.jpg

thanku, finally got in working 5 mins ago - i can now go bed! haha
  • Abbey70
    Abbey70 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have all four of my childrens initials on my right ankle. My left calf I have a vine with a flower for each grandchild which as soon as my other grandchild is born I will be adding another flower :) Then on my left back shoulder I have a dragonfly with Kanji symbol for strength for my brother that passed when I was 18. We were very close and he was always my strength. Chose the dragonfly for the story of a dragonfly. Here's that story:

The Dragonfly Once, in a little pond, in the muddy water under the lily pads, there lived a little water beetle in a community of water beetles. They lived a simple and comfortable life in the pond with few disturbances and interruptions. Once in a while, sadness would come to the community when one of their fellow beetles would climb the stem of a lily pad and would never be seen again. They knew when this happened; their friend was dead, gone forever. Then, one day, one little water beetle felt an irresistible urge to climb up that stem. However, he was determined that he would not leave forever. He would come back and tell his friends what he had found at the top. When he reached the top and climbed out of the water onto the surface of the lily pad, he was so tired, and the sun felt so warm, that he decided he must take a nap. As he slept, his body changed and when he woke up, he had turned into a beautiful blue tailed dragonfly with broad wings and a slender body designed for flying. So, fly he did! And, as he soared he saw the beauty of a whole new world and a far superior way of life to what he had never known existed. Then he remembered his beetle friends and how they were thinking by now he was dead. He wanted to go back to tell them, and explain to them that he was now more alive than he had ever been before. His life had been fulfilled rather than ended. But, his new body would not go down into the water. He could not get back to tell his friends the good news. Then he understood that their time would come, when they, too, would know what he now knew. So, he raised his wings and flew off into his joyous new life!
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    wings.jpg
    My jump wings attooed in my chest when I graduated from US Army Airborne School in 1983. They've faded a bit since this picture was taken (2001 I think).
    That's the exact location of where the jump wings insignia is worn on an Army uniform.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Tattoo-1.jpg

I just got this (my first and only) during the Christmas holidays, after I completed my first full marathon.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I always swore i would not have any tattoos and then i reached a difficult stage in my life the fella i was with at the time had lots i had never been a fan. i found out he was cheating on me and had a miscarriage it got to me& i couldn't find a way out of the sadness. One day i found my self stood in the tatoo shop I decided to have a small butterfly on my right shoulder to always remember my child&the pain. It helped me move on.

That's so sad to hear but such a lovely way to remember. Genuinley brought a tear to my eye.

I never thought a tatoo would save me but it did it helps me remember when im sad and an active reminder of where i.have been. I can't see my self getting any more but who knows i never imagined i would have this one. Im loving the work on profile pic! I don't have the body for awesome work like that lol to be able to.show if off anyway
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what changes us in life and it's nice to remember, even if it's not a nice memory.

I never thought I'd get a big tattoo down the side of my body, it symbolizes me finally feeling semi comfortable with myself after years of body dysmorphia. I still don't like my body, but I was able to lay half naked for 4 hours, something I NEVER would have done!
  • sampa91
    sampa91 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am on my phone so I cannot add photos :(
    But I currently have two tattoos!
    I have a rose on the top part of my shoulder and a thigh piece of a bird and old style lock and key, I love them and can't wait for more! :)
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i have a dragonfly with two hearts on my right boob, and 'stand by me' on my left wrist. i would LOVE to have a sleeve/half sleeve but i am just too much of a pain wuss... haha! maybe one day, when i'm braver :P

67mc6h.jpg

6z7ihw.jpg

also, ignore how fresh they both look, these photos are from right after i got them done D:
  • aworkma6
    Options
    I don't really have individual pictures of each anymore, so I'll try to find some pictures of myself where you can see them.

This one probably shows the most:
    14ufl9d.jpg

You can see the dahlia on my shoulder better in this one:
    25rckmv.jpg

zombie alien with new found glory lyrics on my shin:
    dpxug1.jpg

newest: cupcake with crossed spatula and whisk says "bake and destroy". this one isn't finished!
    2roj62x.jpg

the inside of my arm. this was my first tattoo.
    29wjuk4.jpg

sorry if some of these pictures are silly looking! they're all i have!
  • complexes
    Options
    I have twenty one tattoos, but I'm not going to post them all, just a few favorites.
    388964_2171238481211_1254210055_31740563_1788726566_n.jpg
    Dirty, inside my lip.
    315605_2171238721217_1254210055_31740564_2038975636_n.jpg
    My finger 'stache. It has recently been touched up.
    391913_2171235921147_1254210055_31740557_7586483_n.jpg
    My Lady of Guadalupe.
    385082_2171235241130_1254210055_31740555_1282548844_n.jpg
    My dark mark (And I'm a proud hufflepuff supporter of the dark lord.)
    308668_2171235521137_1254210055_31740556_453439676_n.jpg
    My heart
    317262_2171234521112_1254210055_31740552_1173954723_n.jpg
    Vintage Barbie, with pink hair & tattoos.
    312975_2171234921122_1254210055_31740554_1294168508_n.jpg
    The Bartskull (which is the logo for Clandestine Industries.) I recently got the outline redone and the whole thing filled in fuschia.
  • anonymousbee
    Options
    I would like to get a tattoo but I'm scared of the pain haha :( But if I got one it would be like the third one from the bottom (the little subtle one above the jeans) but instead say "everything happens for a reason" with a tiny little yin yang symbol or a cross :)http://becauseilive.hubpages.com/hub/Tattoo_Ideas_Latin_Words_Phrases
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Have two need more LOL no pic sorry mine are one of a kind design no one has left arm and middle of my back close to my tail bone. Mine never hurt and it is a diffrent kind of pain if that makes sense
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My tattoos are a little odd :P

Neck....one side Decepticon logo, one side Autobot logo.
    Chest...a spiral heart (looks kind of like a rose)...it's a Marilyn Manson logo.
    Inner elbows....stars of David.
    L wrist...Starbucks logo.
    R wrist....A heart with a ribbon across it saying "Valerie Ryann" (It WAS Valerie on one and Ryan on the other...my ex b/f...but we aren't together anymore so I had another "N" put on it and made it an ode to a drag queen I know named Valerie Ryann)
    Ankle...cherries with "VS" on them. V for me, and S for my best friend Steph.
  • Tjboi13
    Options
    My most recent one is one my forearm of a feather with a piece missing and birds flying out of it. Stands for transformation. I love it! I have a pic on my profile of it!
  • rosaleigh510
    Options
    Not my only but def my favorite ( sorry this was taken right after it was done)
    the red leaf is for my child who is my world and my devil lol
    the leaves on the trees are the most important people in my life
    and the leaves on the ground are my past and everything ive been thru

SAM_0854.jpg
  • airvan20
    airvan20 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a Popeye tattoo on my right bicep. On Popeye's right arm I added a heart with "mom" written in it.
    I loved Popeye since I was a kid & ate spinach because of him.
    I also got this tattoo because it is a symbol of Power and Strength, and sometimes it helps motivate me through the day.
    :smokin:
  • michellelynne474
    michellelynne474 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    5289_112650323122_513798122_2366856_3241240_n.jpg

hope that worked... this was my first ever tattoo done in a single 5 hour stint on my birthday. i took in a photo and the girl free handed it onto my back adding her own flair. I absolutely love it!!

For my next one im getting a decorative dove on the inside of my wrist for my little boy Jonah.

Id also like a quote on my thigh but havnt narowed them down yet :)

Absolutely Beautiful!!!!! I love it!! :-)
  • stablesong
    Options
    bumping. I'm getting my first this weekend. It's a paper airplane, in memory of my friend Elijah who passed away in June. The little dashed movement marks look like a cursive lowercase E.

I'm also getting "We are not our losses. We are only the extent to which we love." in Chopin script as soon as I can afford it. It's in honor of both Eli and a wonderful woman named Shana, who was kind of like a second mother to me, who passed away from breast cancer in 2009.
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have 4 with about 6 mores to go...If I knew how to upload pics I would

1st: beauty chinese symbol left shoulder 2001
    2nd: Strength chinese symbol left shoulder 2004
    3rd: scorpio symbol on my waist line 2004
    4th: a hummingbird on my left ankle 2008 my biggest one

this weekend will be getting...live love and laugh on my right collar bone
    I want est 1979 behind my neck, black widow spider, scorpio next to my symbol and a few more chinese symbols....yes I am addict