5' 7'' What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• KLK1986
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently 146. I want to be 125.
  • couponsaver79
    couponsaver79 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" (pretty common height it sounds like). Started at 200, down to 186 right now, and I'd like to get to 150. At that point I'll see how it looks and reassess. Mainly because I was 120 in highschool, but 4 kids later I'm not sure how its all shifted and moved about because I've been overweight. My biggest concern is seeing if these nice hips will go down to a size I'd be happy in. I've gone from a size 16 to 14, I'd like to see a size 8-10.
  • That1nesha
    That1nesha Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello all... I'm 5'7'' and currently weigh 132 lbs (started at 157). I am wondering what everyone's goal weight is for this height!? Trying to figure out what I want to look like haha... and thought it would help if I knew what YOU want to look like :P

how have you lost 25 so far and how long did it take you? im working at getting to your starting weight. lol
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and currently 155.2lbs. My goal is 150lbs. Current slacks size 6 and goal to get back in my 4's.
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    92lbs

You may want to join one of the eating disorder groups here... this site is designed for people in pursuit of HEALTH.

I completely agree with you!!!! 92 pounds for that height is disgusting
    <Moderator edited >
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", right now I weight 161. My current goal is 145, I figure I'd like to end up somewhere between 135-145, I'll evaluate how I'm feeling/looking once I get a little closer!
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 52 years old and 5'7 would like to be 145 lbs (my heaviest when pregnant was 148) and now I weigh 188!!!
    But at age 26 I weighed 117 which was way too thin
  • silvabelle89
    Options
    Hello all... I'm 5'7'' and currently weigh 132 lbs (started at 157). I am wondering what everyone's goal weight is for this height!? Trying to figure out what I want to look like haha... and thought it would help if I knew what YOU want to look like :P

how have you lost 25 so far and how long did it take you? im working at getting to your starting weight. lol

I fell off track a few times, so it's been about 7 full months. I started on weight watchers and lost
    The first 13 lbs but I wasn't a fan of that program because it got me into bad habits ( diet soda, eating lots of fruit just
    So I wasn't starving, etc) . After that I've used MFP and eat around 1200 cals a day and exercise almost
    Everyday
  • diananut
    Options
    I'm 5'8", and my ultimate goal weight is 145lbs.
  • thermarose
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 115 lbs. I have a small body frame so I think it would look great on me. My lowest known weight before I got back out of shape was 124 lbs, and although that sounds small to a lot of people my height I still had the tummy pudge and more overall "meat" on me than I personally preferred. Having said that, I've never been 115 pounds before so if I get there and I do end up looking too thin, I'll just have to readjust my goal a bit :) we'll see.
  • Mama2CnR
    Mama2CnR Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'7", my current weight is 146 and goal weight is 130 and I'll decide then if that's where I'm happy :)
  • tigereyz30
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and in my adult life I've gone from 127 to 189ish. My opinion and those close to me felt I was too thin in the 120s. I felt the most comfortable at 135-138. I'm 176 now and as I get closer to my that point, I will re-evaluate my goals. Good luck to you!
  • That1nesha
    That1nesha Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I fell off track a few times, so it's been about 7 full months. I started on weight watchers and lost
    The first 13 lbs but I wasn't a fan of that program because it got me into bad habits ( diet soda, eating lots of fruit just
    So I wasn't starving, etc) . After that I've used MFP and eat around 1200 cals a day and exercise almost
    Everyday

Thanks for the reply. i hope it works the same for me as it did you. my goal is 1200 a day also. BTW i think you look great
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'7", and have quite an athletic/toned build (I danced for 15 years so my legs are quite muscular and toned underneath the extra layering! And I have abs too, somewhere! LMAO). I'm currently ~137, and my current GW is 124. However, I think that may be too low for my build, so maybe when I get to 130ish, I'll see what's what. Maybe 127ish is a better goal for me, I'll have to wait and see.
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    Im 172lb and am aiming for 150! I have quite big boobs and would hate to lose these! :-)
    I do 1 45 mi nute pilates lesson a week and 2 x 60 minutes aerobic classes too.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my goal is 130. When I was 20 I weighed 110. I wasn't too thin, just thin. If I tried to go to 110 now (which I don't think is possible, except for illness or surgery), I would look sick. As you get older, weight loss can go from looking healthy to gaunt within a few pounds. I am less concerned about the # on the scale than being healthy and fitting into my clothes again.
  • JeanetteDee
    JeanetteDee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5'7" here goal weight is 135-140 , but depending on how I feel/look i may do up to 150 or down to 125. Just gotta see how it looks (i want to still have some meat on me [i like a little jiggle in the right places, it makes me feel more womanly])
  • jenifer7teen
    jenifer7teen Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    92lbs

You may want to join one of the eating disorder groups here... this site is designed for people in pursuit of HEALTH.

I completely agree with you!!!! 92 pounds for that height is disgusting
    Thats a pretty hurtful comment. You find thinness disgusting, I find fat 'disgusting'. We obviously have different perceptions and preferences. Thats no excuse to go around telling people you're repulsed by them, however.
    [/quote

LOL I don't care you are flat out STUPID to think that is a good weight for you

Exactly. I wasn't trying to be a jerk. It is a fundamentally obvious observation that 92lbs is a disordered goal weight for a 5'7" individual. I was anorexic for several years (down to almost 100 at my worst) and have known many people with anorexia. I dont think fat or skinny is "disgusting" for the record. I think self-abuse is disgusting. I can empathize, but I also can't support a suicidal goal.
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7 and 153 ~ First goal is 140, would like to get to 135 and stay there!
  • plhoang
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and although 130-135 lbs looks OKAYY...I want to look leaner and be bikini ready. So, I'm currently 135-136 lbs and I'm trying to get to 125 lbs by April. I've done a lot of research and the 5'7 girls that are smokin hot usually teeter around 117-123 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!