When did people start to notice weight loss

Options

Replies

• whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    No one said anything to me until I had reach about 40 pounds lost from my highes weight but then told me they had noticed I had been losing.
    If they noticed, then why didn't they say anything sooner?! :laugh:
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I didn't tell anyone except my boyfriend that I was dieting either, I think someone first asked "have you lost weight" after i'd lost about 35lbs. Now i've lost 70lbs EVERYONE is noticing! :D
    I personally didn't notice myself until I had lost 50lbs, I know that might sound silly, but I didn't BELIEVE that I actually looked any different until then (probs something wrong with my body image there?) and that was only because a lot of my clothes were literally falling off me! It is kinda annoying at the moment, I wanna show off my new look, but because of the freezing cold weather im wrapping up in my coat and baggy jumpers! Still its noticable in my face apparently so i'm happy :)

Also, do this for YOURSELF and no one else! Aslong as you feel better thats all that matters.
  • KimPerm
    KimPerm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A great inspiration I saw on Pinterest one day went something like this

The 4, 8 , 12 rule

4 weeks - you will see the difference
    8 weeks - family and friends will see the diiference
    12 weeks - the world will see.

Most important if you are feeling good about yourself, then you are doing a great job!
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! All that matters is that YOU notice.. When I lost 17-20lbs no one noticed but when I hit 24 lbs down that is when people started asking questions.. I was actually approached by people at church yesterday .. It was a good feeling to be complimented. Hang in there and continue on your journey!! Remember this is all about YOU!
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Who cares what other people think!! Do it for you, and be happy with what you are doing!! Make yourself happy! I find the people who see me the most/are the closest to me, dont really notice as much as the people that dont see me as often!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    At 7 pounds, I had on adult notice. At about 15 pounds, I had friends notice. At 20 pounds now, I have a few more friends noticing. It all depends on how your body holds weight!
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs and no one has noticed
    for most ppl it was 20 to 30 lbs but with my bf we have a long distance relationship i was at 314 when i saw him then didnt have a chance to visit until i had lost 60lbs his reaction was priceless...he always makes me feel beautiful. ppl will start notyicing dont get discouraged!!
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    o and congrats on ur 20lb loss!!!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    No one noticed for me till I had lost 30lbs, and then it was only one person! More people have noticed now I have lost 40lbs. I think it depends how much you have to lose. I still have 25-30lbs to go.
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options

If you're that worried about others noticing you aren't losing for the right reasons. Lose for yourself, and be happy for yourself, others will notice the weight loss in time, and the confidence gains even sooner.
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this is repetitive...

It is VERY possible that people are noticing, but it is a weird topic to approach. People are reluctant to say anything because if they are wrong, they don't want to offend. (I have lost over 90 lbs and people that see me everyday at work...but that I don't know very well... just recently started being more open in telling me they noticed). Don't take it personally. None of us are really doing this for other people, right!? :)

Keep up the great work!!
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just because people aren't saying anything doesn't mean they don't notice! When I lost 50lbs when I was younger, it was definitely obvious that I lose weight but I had a few people tell me they weren't sure whether to say anything because they thought they might offend me. I don't know why noticing I lost weight would offend me, but meh. People are weird. 20 pounds is amazing. If you haven't already.... take pictures of yourself in the same clothes every 5-10 lbs. I did this and when I didn't notice the gradual difference in my body, I noticed a huge difference in pictures even after losing 10 lbs.
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    People notieced at around 30lbs but i cant tell at all really
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    remember that most people you will see everyday so they wont see it coming off as much

it will be the people who you havent seen in a few months that you bump into and they will be like - WOW.
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As a lot of people have said, if you haven't told people you are trying to lose weight it can be a difficult situation to approach. What if you were sick?
    Two years ago, I lost about 40lbs from an illness. I was really uncomfortable about it and people kept commenting on how much weight I'd lost and asked how I'd done it... I cried every time.. I didn't look good, I looked gross and sickly and I WAS offended when people brought it up.
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    A great inspiration I saw on Pinterest one day went something like this

The 4, 8 , 12 rule

4 weeks - you will see the difference
    8 weeks - family and friends will see the diiference
    12 weeks - the world will see.

Most important if you are feeling good about yourself, then you are doing a great job!

I was just about to post this as well as so far it has bee accurate for me...Give it 12 weeks. DON'T QUIT!
  • dekayvil
    Options
    Fam doesnt seem to noice as they see you all the time! I went to my Weight Loss Challenge last night (we meet 1 time a week) and 3 people said when I walked in that I was definatly smaller but I actually only lost 2.4 #s but i work out so much that I am starting to tighten up.
  • dekayvil
    Options
    conrats you look great am still at the beginnning realizing over 100 #s to go first of January that I really needed to do something. Now I try everything to get it off
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I'm right behing you (16 lbs lost) and the only ones that really notice are the ones that I rarely see. It's taken me 11 months to get these lbs off so it was SOOOO slow that of course those that see me every day don't notice.

Great job though! What a miles stone! I can't wait to join you!
  • niciivey
    niciivey Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40lbs and no one seems to even notice. It is frustrating.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!