appetite supressants

Options
im from Australia just wondering if anyone knows any good appetite supressants. i dont eat bad foods i just eat waaaayyy too much!!!

if you have good ones please let me know!

thanks

Replies

• breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    hate to say it but water!!! coffee helps supress my afternoon cravings too :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Green tea and Omega 3...both have appetite suppressing effects. I would never recommend anything else because you want to be safe, not take an easy pil
  • LiquidSugarr
    LiquidSugarr Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    im from Australia just wondering if anyone knows any good appetite supressants. i dont eat bad foods i just eat waaaayyy too much!!!

if you have good ones please let me know!

thanks

Tea!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    water, fiber, full fat versions of the foods I'm eating... I drink full fat milk, I opt for full fat (and taste) miracle whip etc (to achieve the 33% less fat of the modified version I can use 1/3 less product) healthy fats help me feel full as does a good amount of protein. If I get under 100 grams of protein I want to graze all day. but if I get over 100 grams I'm fine.
  • redtop2187
    redtop2187 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hot teas with no sweetner except maybe honey. Hot teas also help me with general swelling.
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    HOLY!!! Iddreams your pics are amazing, you are a total star!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I don't use any form of pills. I use hot tea.

I love black teas, green teas, any spiced teas, lemon infused teas... (you get the point)

When I use a spcied tea, I add 1/4 cup of almond milk. SO GOOD. (sometimes I add 1 splenda packet)

I just started drinking hot tea in the evening to keep me from snacking and it's working wonders.
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Also, I have to agree with water - and exercise. Exercise makes me not want food at all.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    HOLY!!! Iddreams your pics are amazing, you are a total star!

:blushing: Thanks!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    I don't use any form of pills. I use hot tea.

I love black teas, green teas, any spiced teas, lemon infused teas... (you get the point)

When I use a spcied tea, I add 1/4 cup of almond milk. SO GOOD. (sometimes I add 1 splenda packet)

I just started drinking hot tea in the evening to keep me from snacking and it's working wonders.

Super yummy idea! I like my tea English style, and I love spiced teas!
  • mariholm
    mariholm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Water, lots of it. :)
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I actually sell tea (I'm a tea peddler!), so I have done a lot of research on the benefits - of which their are PLENTY!

Your best choices for appetite supressants/weight managment are oolong, and green tea.

Black is great for opening your arteries, increasing blood flow, and promoting a healthy heart, white is touted as the "utimate health tea" and has several anti-viral attributes, and rooibos is great when you're craving something sweet PLUS it's 100% caffeine free!

Also nice: fruit tea, iced with a teensy bit of stevia. tossing in a bit of red wine and making a sangria never hurts, either :)
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    almonds, if you can stand to eat them
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    good wholesome food seems to curb my appetite
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sensa works awesome!
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    yep, tea and coffee.
  • stacyll
    stacyll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    5-htp is for mood but also said to decrease appetite. it's related to serotonin levels. i think it does work.
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    any pills, shakes etc.

i dont like teas.
    i dont drink coffee or tea, or anything with caffine in it.

i drink alread at least 3Litres of water a day any more and id drown!

i eat a healthy diet and eat at least 6 meals a day....
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    red pepper, chillies, anything hot that gets your metabolism going also tends to have suppresant benefits...

I don't think a lot of people will endorse pills unless they're a healthy, natural supplement... one that I've used, and while it's not totally an appetite suppressant has had a lot of research done on it is CLA. It's been said to modestly reduce body weight/fat.