Congratulations McDonald's!

Options

Replies

• scooter1130
    scooter1130 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So let's all come up with a MFP drive thru with fresh veggies, fruit and low cal meals!! And then we can franchise it and kick McDonald's out!! Who's in???
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Burger King's apple fries are the equivalent of about half an apple also. However, I suppose that's better than no apple option.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I love McD - I get the Big Mac meal - SUPER SIZE [or whatever they call it now].
    I don't go there for apples - lol
    Their food is fabulous which is why they are always doing so well even in the worse of economic times.
    And tt rev's up my metabolism like nothing else.

LOVE IT!
  • navygunner
    navygunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The Taco bell Fresco is almost the same taco or burrito without any sour cream and cheese. In some restaurants it is the called the drive - thru diet menu. Yum Foods who own the bell has pretty standard menus throughout the USA. I get my fast food fix from these or from the McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich, no mayo, no cheese. I am not a purist about fast food and will not make it harder on myself eating all the "healthy" foods only and be miserable.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    We were traveling Saturday and I got my kids Happy Meals, and they each had like 6 or 7 slices of apples, and much fewer fries than before.
  • jessilynn1982
    jessilynn1982 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A couple of months ago, I think it was in December... we ordered an order of the apples, and wound up with ONLY 2 apples in a package... I was like...what?! We usually do not buy happy meals for our girls, (3 and 7) we just order chicken nuggets and they usually share a bag of apples, so we were kinda shocked. I even took a picture of it. It was that ridiculous! :)
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Can you supersize to a whole apple?

Exactly!!

Panera Bread gives you a whole apple. McD's is making enough of a profit that they should certainly be able to afford this option!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My kids don't get McDonalds often but love it as a treat every once and awhile. Personally, I applaud McDonalds for making this change. I alwys let them get the fries since ti was a treat (and they eat tons of fruit at home anyway) so the addition of the apples is awesome. My daughter actually ignored her fries and only ate the apples. And I do think the fries are a smaller serving. I ordered myself a hamburger and small fry and had more fries in mine than they had in their little happy meal fry containers.

I am sure you can still ask for just apples though if you want.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We were traveling Saturday and I got my kids Happy Meals, and they each had like 6 or 7 slices of apples, and much fewer fries than before.

I forgot to comment that the time we ordered I got three happy meals (one for each child) and all three had apple packs with a decent amount ... I'd say 5-7 slices in each.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Its friken McDonalds you dont go there for health food
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I don't go there for apples - lol

:laugh: :heart:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't think we can totally blame McD for this. I read a statistic recently that after they started offering apples as an alternative to fries in the Happy Meal only 10% of parents chose that option. McD is a for profit company, it seems pretty clear what most of their paying customers want to feed their kids.
  • slayerdan
    Options
    Whole apples can be purchased ahead of time if unhappy about what McDonalds has in the happy meal.
  • slayerdan
    Options
    I don't think we can totally blame McD for this. I read a statistic recently that after they started offering apples as an alternative to fries in the Happy Meal only 10% of parents chose that option. McD is a for profit company, it seems pretty clear what most of their paying customers want to feed their kids.

This.
  • Hmelton68
    Hmelton68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How many total calories were in that meal
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    time to keep a bin of apples in your car! lol
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I am sort of appalled at how many fast food places don't offer unsweetened iced tea.

Coffee too! I can't believe McDonald's employees would just assume everyone wants a ton of sugar and cream dumped into their coffee. You can get hot coffee black if you ask for it, but I think the iced already has cream and sugar added to it so you can't get it plain.
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    After the "Pink Slime" story last week, I have had no desire to go to McDonald's or Taco Bell. This is really a good thing for me =)
  • allynady
    allynady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Can you supersize to a whole apple?

:laugh:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Possibly already mentioned, but the fries are actually smaller.

4 piece nugget = 190 calories
    Kids fry = 100 calories
    Apples = 30 if I remember right.

Total = 320. Get water as your drink, and you've got a low cal meal that's slightly indulgent. I honestly do it a couple times a month. (I spend a lot of time on the road, though.)