Fake success pictuers

Options

Replies

• hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    Give us some examples. Keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat- you can look in better shape without actually losing a ton of weight (and actually GAIN weight) if you are working out and building muscle as you lose fat.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I would hope not , but if they do their only cheating themselves..
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    My ticker says 0 lbs lost, but my before and after represents a 40-50 lb loss...Am I faking it?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    The success stories are amazing. It's great to see them. I would have to go out on a limb and say that if anyone fakes them that the number of people who have done that would be very small. You can trust that a huge percentage of the pictures are not faked in any way. That said, I agree with the posters about strength training which can really change the way a body looks without losing a lot of pounds. I've only lost 3 or 4 pounds since the first of the year but have been strength training the whole time and the type of compliments I have been getting has changed. In the past people would be saying, "how did you do it?" "you've lost so much weight!" Now I am getting, just in the last week or two, "Oh my gosh! You are getting SO skinny!" Skinny isn't what I am going for, and I surely am not skinny, but my figure has slimmed down so much that a pair of pants I just started fitting into again 4 weeks ago are now loose enough to pull down without unbuttoning.
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    Options
    Different Techniques will bring different results. For instance, if I just diet and lose weight my before and after won't look nearly as good as someone who worked out, dieted and lost weight while become fit and toned. Also...everyone has different heights and body structure so they carry weight differently. I would say if they are posting the pictures, what's the point of questioning them? Just use them as motivation to push yourself. Some of these people probably worked really hard and made major lifestyle changes to reach their goals...I wouldn't discredit them or take that away from them...it hardly seems fair to do so.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have hardly lost anything (seriously... 1 pound) but my before and during pictures are drastically different because I have lost some crazy inches....

There are a lot of things to factor in.. .15 pounds lost on me looks like 20 - 30 pounds because I am 4'10... on someone 5'8 it looks drastically different. Also losing inches adds to how a person looks... I personally do not think anyone on here 'fakes' their before and after pictures.

Some people have lost 50 pounds and then find MFP ... and just go with the weight they were when they joined MFP so if they have lost 15 pounds on MFP... but lost 50 pounds previously their real weight loss is more like 65 pounds and not 15..

and some people do smaller break downs of 10 - 20 pound increments, cant really judge but the proof is generally always in a picture... and you can usually always tell if someone has photo shopped themselves because they usually don't do an entire shop job... just certain parts of their body and from the stories I have seen on here - not one of them looks shopped.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Some here have stolen pictures from internet and made it pass for themsefl. Heck one girl even pasted her head on a model body.

That being said, Weight loss appear different from person to person. Me for exemple

Between this picture

11614737_9054.jpg

and this picture

11614737_2758.jpg

There is no pounds lost. Now I would make me sad if someone said I was a faker LOL
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure what you're even trying to say.
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think this is really kind of sad. Can't we just celebrate the success of others? Real or fake, it's inspiring to me. If you want to know what women look like at different weights, try http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html Really helps give me perspective. But when I finish, I'm gonna post my photos and please know they will be real.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    I can't speak for others, but I started going to the gym 3-4 days a week and strength training the beginning of November. since then I've only lost 3 lbs, but gone from a tight 12 to a very comfortable 10 jeans, soooo..................
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I don't see what folks would have to gain by faking pictures.
    The gal that I noticed doing it has legions of "followers", even a group dedicated to herself as "inspiration". She lost a ton of weight, and looks great. I don't understand the need to photoshop your head onto another body though.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    Why are people so concerned about others? It doesn't affect you if so and so burns 1000 calories a day doing "light cleaning" and it doesn't affect you if they also photoshop their picture.

Focus on you, not other people.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    What would be the point. But several of my friends who lives in Georgia see me everyday, so i would have a hard time faking it.
    But this is the real me
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Why are people so concerned about others? It doesn't affect you if so and so burns 1000 calories a day doing "light cleaning" and it doesn't affect you if they also photoshop their picture.

:drinker:
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    I agree but when I see be for and after pictures that makes me wanna push myself even more but when I read they only lost 15 pounds and there picture looks like they lost 40.....SMH yeah that don't match up.

I am a shortie, and have lost just over 15 lbs. Because i am short, that 15 lbs looks like a LOT on my body. I was looking back on pictures from "before" and I couldnt believe how big I looked! And it was only 15 lbs ago!

We all carry ourselves differently. That 15 lbs on my pear shaped 5'4 body could look completely different on someone with a square shaped body who is 5'10. Its the same reason why you could know someone who weighs a lot more than you, but wears a smaller sized pant. We are all SO different.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Also- if they are putting up "fake" pics, it is their issue. I try not to stress about others. I have found that letting go of other peoples issues, and focusing on myself and my success has made me the most happy on this weight loss journey. Its easy to look at others, get jealous, or feel bad when my scale is standing still. I always take a step back, rejoice in my success, and strive to live each day healthier than I used to!
  • lruthruff
    lruthruff Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    IF seeing the the before and after photos motivate then use as a motivation. Those who fake photos are only cheating them selves.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options

My house would be so clean. SO CLEAN.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Depends how they lost the weight. If they lost through just dieting their results will look a LOT different than if they did a lot of strength training as well.

For example, and this is my personal experiance. When I was younger and in college I did a lot of excercise due to dancing on a regular basis and doing performing arts, plus I lived on what my friend calls a mountain, very steep, very tall hills which I had to walk up to get anywhere. Well when I weighed 150 then I had a perfectly toned stomach and thighs. I looked incredible. I don't do anywhere near that ammount of excercise or toning now and I'm almost at 150 and I am a lot squishier. Same weight, different measurements and different look. You can really tell the difference in my before and after pictures from college to putting on a stone. Can't tell much of a difference between me having put the stone on and shedding it this time. I just look smoother and not quite as round in the tummy area. Basically I lost the stone for a dress, but you can't really see it. It just makes the dress look better than my little roundness did :P
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 10 lbs, but my picture looks like I've lost 30 or so. People think my "after" pic is a size 4 or 6. Ha! I'm a size 10! I lost a lot of fat, but have developed a decent amount of muscle. And I have big boobs. Those still weigh a lot. =)

I for one don't care if people are posting fake "after" pics. They're only hurting themselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!