Replies

• stacygb
    stacygb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yay if you are hungry, nay if not
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Oh good, I guess it was worth renewing the domain name for 1 more year :)

Take out a lifetime lease, this one is going to run till we're partying like it's 2999.

that site is brilliant lol
  • KelseyLayne
    KelseyLayne Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    this is my method of thinking too! if im hungry i eat them if i'm not i don't! plain and simple. i sure didn't get this way by not being hungry though so usually i end up eating them ;)
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Yay! Feed the machine what it needs.
  • jennhamps
    Options

Oh good, I guess it was worth renewing the domain name for 1 more year :)

Take out a lifetime lease, this one is going to run till we're partying like it's 2999.

I couldn't stop lauging about this...lol!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yay if you use a HRM. MFP is not as accurate with burns.
  • AprilEC
    AprilEC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nay. It's going to be a very SLOW road if you're putting in what you put out. You're basically evening out at the end of the day and your workout was pointless....when it comes to cardio burning fat.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Nay. It's going to be a very SLOW road if you're putting in what you put out. You're basically evening out at the end of the day and your workout was pointless....when it comes to cardio burning fat.

Wrong. Read how MFP works. The deficit is factored in.

*sigh* MFP might as well change their system. The general public is never going to get it. I know... math is hard.
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options

This never gets old! :laugh:
  • jessicaann05
    Options

Hahahaha!

p.s. I have been on MFP for 35 days and I'm already sick of this topic. I can't imagine how the oldies feel! On behalf of the newbies, I am sorry.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options
    *peeks back in*

I really wish people would read through a whole thread before commenting.
  • ssk1129
    ssk1129 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It's simply not possible to calculate the numbers precisely. I know MFP is set up to eat the calories. But the only thing that makes sense to me is to eat some of the calories and try to err on the side of weight loss (caloric restriction) whenever you can.
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    =\ I have a friend who thinks she needs to eat back her exercise calories...thus putting her at well over 2500 calories a day. That doesn't seem right to me...so I say nay!
  • BuddhaBelly79
    Options
    I haven't been eating them and I GAINED weight....so I have no idea.

OMG me too! My first week I lost 8 lbs, second week I lost 6 pounds, then for whatever reason I started eating a bit LESS on my third week and now I'm suddenly up 5 pounds....WTH?! :mad: I'm still counting calories, eating healthy, and drinking a trillion glasses of water a day....and PRAYING that my weight goes back down. What a crock of B.S. LOL! I guess eating less DOESN'T mean "losing MORE". :frown:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if there is a link between the length of time people have been on MFP and the answer they give? I only ask because the first few "nay's" were off relatively new members, just wondering...
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    this is my method of thinking too! if im hungry i eat them if i'm not i don't! plain and simple. i sure didn't get this way by not being hungry though so usually i end up eating them ;)

My feelings exactly. I try to stay under on my calories but 60 minutes of any cardio is going to make you hungry. Luckily the cardio makes me crave GOOD FOOD. I'm almost always under BECAUSE I work out.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Are the people on The Biggest Loser eating back the 3500+ calories they burn a day?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Are the people on The Biggest Loser eating back the 3500+ calories they burn a day?

The Biggest Loser makes weight loss a competitive sport. It's not real life.