Should i say something??!!

Options

Replies

• onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I'm a "tell it like it is" person. In this case, I would set my fear of speaking up ever aside and send the boy a private message and try to politely and rationaly explain the truths of the situation that he might not know about. He can either accept it or not, whatever route he chooses is not yours to worry about.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Its sounds more like you are trying to find people who agree with what you already decided to do rather than actually recieve input. You're just trying to rationalize a poor decision.
    Just saying!

Why would she need people to agree if she had already decided what to do? I don't think it is a poor decision but I also don't get that she has already made up her mind what to do. I don't understand why some people act like only sertain questions are ok to ask on here.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,979 Member
    Options
    No, no, no ... you will not fix anything, and all the anger will be turned on you.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I know it's not your place to say anything, but I would call their mother up and give her a piece of my mind. I'm nosy, though, could just be me. :p
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Its sounds more like you are trying to find people who agree with what you already decided to do rather than actually recieve input. You're just trying to rationalize a poor decision.
    Just saying!

You're wrong i wasnt trying to find anyone to agree with me i have not said anything to him although i honestly fell like i should.
    A) because he wrote it in english and my uncle only speaks spanish
    B) because he wrote it in a public place where everyone can see it and my uncle doesnt have regular access to the internet so it will probably sit there for a long time before he actually sees it.
    and C) I merely wanted to know what someone else would do in the situation
  • MaryB2
    Options
    I agree with the others, it isn't your place to say anything. I, too, do not have a good relationship with my mother. There are too numerous reasons that only my siblings & myself know about that we don't want aired to the public. We don't respond when our mother posts such things. My mother's best friend (like an aunt to me) tried to chew me out over FB message one day because I rarely speak to my mother. Evidently, my mother had fed her some sob story. As much as I didn't want to relive the past, I had to set her straight on a lot of things she never knew about my mother, including how my mother takes advantage of those around her, said friend included. I was furious with this woman for having stuck her nose where it didn't belong. You will be doing yourself & your cousin & uncle a favor by staying out of it.

The difference I see here is that you say y'all don't reply when your mother posts things like that. By him posting something publicly that puts someone down he is inviting public responses.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    family is hard. He obviously won't listen to his Dad, would he listen to you? It depends how close you are to them. I recently brought my mother and her little brother back together after 16 years of not talking and I did it by putting my nose where it didn't belong. Guess what? my uncle died suddenly of a heart attack and had I not gotten them back in touch my Mother would have never known, much less made amends with him before his death. She was even able to attend his funeral and see his children. Family is work.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Just saying!

Why would she need people to agree if she had already decided what to do? I don't think it is a poor decision but I also don't get that she has already made up her mind what to do. I don't understand why some people act like only sertain questions are ok to ask on here.

I am sorry you are not familar with the concept of trying to rationalize decisions based on emotions.

Here's an article to get you started:
    http://www.burg.com/2010/03/rationalize-rational-lies…it’s-a-“human-thing”/
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think that was a bit wrong of your uncle.

Coming from a kid's point of a view, what I would be wondering is if he really meant it why wouldn't he call, write or just simply private message it?

I don't know the whole situation, and maybe your cousin doesn't either.
    And no matter what the reason someone leaves there kids. (Like, your uncles completely rational one) it always feels like abandonment to a kid.

I think you should say something, that's the kind of family I come from, but if you do, understand both sides of the problem.
  • MaryB2
    Options
    Just saying!

I am sorry you are not familar with the concept of trying to rationalize decisions based on emotions.

I'm sorry you're not capable of understanding what you read. That article says nothing about people trying to get others to justify a decision made before doing it. It says that majority of decisions people make are based on emotions and they LATER try to justify those decisions with logic. If she was doing that she would have said something to her cousin and then tried to justify to everyone why she did it. Like she already pointed out, she was wondering what others in the same situation would do and she got a variety answers and reasons. She also got some ignorant responses that sound like they are coming from someone that enjoys being an @$$ to people.
  • Apazman
    Options
    Just saying!

I'm sorry you're not capable of understanding what you read. That article says nothing about people trying to get others to justify a decision made before doing it. It says that majority of decisions people make are based on emotions and they LATER try to justify those decisions with logic. If she was doing that she would have said something to her cousin and then tried to justify to everyone why she did it. Like she already pointed out, she was wondering what others in the same situation would do and she got a variety answers and reasons. She also got some ignorant responses that sound like they are coming from someone that enjoys being an @$$ to people.

aww come on now .. is name calling really needed at this point? I mean I get it ... you are offened and can't express your discontent without resorting to calling someone names, however, I would suggest if you get that upset over my opinion, then perhaps, the ignorant one is the person calling people names, and resorting to such low brow tatics as you have demonstrated. I wasn't trying to be offensive, trying to provide an alternate perspective which I thought I was allowed to do on a public forum. When my opinion got questioned I responded with an article supporting the information. I am sorry you are soo insecure that you feel the need to call someone names. I do kind of find it funny that you got this upset over 3 sentences. Perhaps you should talk to someone in anger management?

:)
  • gloriashaped
    Options
    I hate facebook.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Just saying!

aww come on now .. is name calling really needed at this point? I mean I get it ... you are offened and can't express your discontent without resorting to calling someone names, however, I would suggest if you get that upset over my opinion, then perhaps, the ignorant one is the person calling people names, and resorting to such low brow tatics as you have demonstrated. I wasn't trying to be offensive, trying to provide an alternate perspective which I thought I was allowed to do on a public forum. When my opinion got questioned I responded with an article supporting the information. I am sorry you are soo insecure that you feel the need to call someone names. I do kind of find it funny that you got this upset over 3 sentences. Perhaps you should talk to someone in anger management?

Is your calling her insecure not name calling? Is that not equally as immature?
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Should you say something?
    No.
  • MaryB2
    Options
    Just saying!

You are trying to make yourself sound smart and I was merely pointing out that the article you suggested did not support your opinion. In your first response to her you were rude and the comments you made were uncalled for. Maybe you should think about the fact that it is only you and your dog because you are rude to people and not weight related at all. There are plenty of people on here trying to lose weight yet we still have friends, husbands and significant others. I didn't get the sense that you are charming or kind from any of your posts.
  • MaryB2
    Options
    Just saying!

Is your calling her insecure not name calling? Is that not equally as immature?

I agree
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    FB has so much drama now and it always will. That is one of the reasons I am not addicted to it anymore and don't go on very much. I don't understand why people post such personal comments on there anyway. In my opinion if they post for everyone to see then they should expect to see comments whether it is from family or friends. If they want people to stay out of it and not comment they shouldn't post. Just my opinion.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with 90% of the people here, it's really not your place.
  • Apazman
    Options
    Just saying!

You are trying to make yourself sound smart and I was merely pointing out that the article you suggested did not support your opinion. In your first response to her you were rude and the comments you made were uncalled for. Maybe you should think about the fact that it is only you and your dog because you are rude to people and not weight related at all. There are plenty of people on here trying to lose weight yet we still have friends, husbands and significant others. I didn't get the sense that you are charming or kind from any of your posts.

Oh .. no I am charming .. just not to you. Its kind of a choice. I won't appoligize for being me, I just won't. I also won't go read your profile and try to come up with personal attacks ... AGAIN. Yes I am alone, Yes I have opinions, and yes, some opinions aren't favored by all. again, I am sorry you disagree, with what I say, but I really just see people like you as emotionally unstable. I can't reason with someone who is not really grounded in reality. I'm alone .. I get it ... This means I'm mean, and rude to everyone I meet, so its just me an my dog. To be honest, I'm okay with that. I would rather be alone than with the wrong person. Feel free to attack me, being attacked by a mentally unstable individual isn't really an attack but a cry for validation. I understand your concern, however we can agree to disagree.
  • Nala335
    Nala335 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ouch! What a horrible place to read this too...in public, on FACEBOOK no less.

I'd write a long letter, let is sit over night, re-read it the next morning and then pretend you're the one receiving it instead of writing it. Check in with your feelings now and the let it ALL go.

Really, all you need is love and this is definitely not your fight, just be kind, don't take sides, hear them out if the choose to share with you and remember, it will all work out someway in the end. The son is just angry, displaced as it may be, and he will come around some day. The world is filled with stories of anger and forgiveness.

Good luck to you.