Don't you hate it when...

Options

Replies

• skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Don't you hate it when you make a "quick" trip to the store for some essential item, wind up with a whole cart-load instead, get home, unpack it all, and realize you forgot the one item you made the trip for in the first place.

That is the story of my life!!!! I call it post pregnancy brain x 3! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Juicey1401
    Juicey1401 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ok now this made me feel like a real idiot!!

How bout when you're talking on your cellphone but you are really looking for it and asking your children (who is usually on it) what they did with it? Everybody in the house got a chance to smack my forehead!! :ohwell: Or you have something in your hand and don't realize or remember and you are seriously looking for it. :noway:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    . . .and most I really don't hate it, I just get annoyed. but the telemarketers I really hate their phone calls not the person doing the call its just the fact they are calling to sell me something I don't need and if I did need it I would not order from stranger on the phone.

Along those lines - Don't you hate it when you run to catch the phone - interrupting the important thing you were doing - and it's a stupid recording?? :explode: That gets my goat bad!

Also - don't you hate it when you log onto MFP to log a meal and get carried away posting and then log off and realize you never logged your food? DUH.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    . . .and most I really don't hate it, I just get annoyed. but the telemarketers I really hate their phone calls not the person doing the call its just the fact they are calling to sell me something I don't need and if I did need it I would not order from stranger on the phone.

Along those lines - Don't you hate it when you run to catch the phone - interrupting the important thing you were doing - and it's a stupid recording?? :explode: That gets my goat bad!

Also - don't you hate it when you log onto MFP to log a meal and get carried away posting and then log off and realize you never logged your food? DUH.

Or even better when you get the phone and instead of the recording, they put you on hold! :explode:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I do some pretty stupid things sometimes. As we all do I would imagine. What do YOU do sometimes and then smack your forhead after saying "IDIOT" to yourself?

I'll start.

Don't you hate it when you get all the way to work, and then realize you left all the food that you painstakingly prepared and bagged up at home?
    :grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Dont you hate it when you check your food log and see you have 220 calories left, so you carefully measure out 1 tbls of peanut butter and select the bread that fits the left over cals and then think OMG I had pita chips and hummus and didnt write it down:angry:

Here we go for another wog:laugh: :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Dont you hate it when you check your food log and see you have 220 calories left, so you carefully measure out 1 tbls of peanut butter and select the bread that fits the left over cals and then think OMG I had pita chips and hummus and didnt write it down:angry:

:laugh: :laugh: Or that piece of birthday cake I had that I forgot to log . . .:grumble: Good thing I was under by 400 calories yesterday, cuz I'm over by 350 today!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh no, I have another.........

Dont you hate it when you are in the 'zone' exercising and someone tries to talk to you???

HELL-LOOO I am not breating heavy cuz your so hot!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: Or that piece of birthday cake I had that I forgot to log . . .:grumble: Good thing I was under by 400 calories yesterday, cuz I'm over by 350 today!!

blink.gif
    hate that!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Or even better when you get the phone and instead of the recording, they put you on hold! :explode:

or someone calls you, says they have been trying to get you for DAYS and it is really really important....then puts you on hold cuz the other line is ringing???:explode:
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Don't you hate it when you are feeling really good about the way you look and the lady behind the counter at Starbucks asks you if you are pregnant. (just happened tonight)

or

Don't you hate it when you finally run a 10 min. mile for the first time in 9 years only to have someone tell you that you are running it slower than a normal person should. (happened this week to me, here on these boards)

Sorry, i'm still mad about these two.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Yes, I DO hate that!

I hate it when I forget my reusable bags when I go to the store, so I turn back, run up the stairs to my apartment, and grab them. Then, as if that's not enough, I get to the grocery store and half way through the parking lot...to realize I left the bags in the car. So I turn back again. This happens more often than not. :laugh:

I do this ALL THE FRICKIN TIME!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Don't you hate when you get to the gym and start changing your clothes only to realize you forgot to pack socks? :explode:

I make myself work out anyhow, which results in blisters. I rarely forget socks again... for another couple months.

Occasionally I forget to pack pants. haha, NO working out on THOSE days!! :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Ok now this made me feel like a real idiot!!

How bout when you're talking on your cellphone but you are really looking for it and asking your children (who is usually on it) what they did with it? Everybody in the house got a chance to smack my forehead!! :ohwell: Or you have something in your hand and don't realize or remember and you are seriously looking for it. :noway:

I did this with a cordless phone years ago.
    I was panicked, searching for the cordless, all the while talking to the person on the line about how I was searching for it. Not until the call waiting beeped did I realize I was on the cordless phone. DOH!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Don't you hate it when you finally run a 10 min. mile for the first time in 9 years only to have someone tell you that you are running it slower than a normal person should. (happened this week to me, here on these boards)

Grrrrr :mad: I'm glad no one said that to me. I'm proud of my best running mile -- 12m10s.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Ohh, another good one.

Don't you hate it when you're browsing MFP and your boss walks over?

DOH!!!!:grumble:

AH! That happens all the time! LOL :laugh:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Don't you hate when you get to the gym and start changing your clothes only to realize you forgot to pack socks? :explode:

I make myself work out anyhow, which results in blisters. I rarely forget socks again... for another couple months.

Occasionally I forget to pack pants. haha, NO working out on THOSE days!! :laugh:

My feet already hurt so bad, i try to avoid blisters at all costs. When i forget em, i just head home and go for a jog. Just the fact that i went out of my way, went into the gym, started changing, then walked right back out of the gym.... :blushing:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Don't you hate when you are soooo excited that your Dad will finally be in town this weekend to build the fence that you've been planning on building for months now, and it's pitch black and storming outside? :grumble: :angry:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Don't you hate it when you are all excited all week because you finally have a weekend to basically veg out and do nothing, then realize on Friday that that weekend is a holiday and you will need to do some things for it (fathers day, duh!).
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Ok this is mine. When people, mostly family try to make me feel bad just because they do. Yes life can suck sometimes but I try to keep a positive attitude. It's better than going down that dark road of anger, bitterness... If they want to go there go ahead but I'm not going with.