Anyone interested in a Wii Active Challenge?

Options

Replies

• chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ok so today i weighed in at 214.5 so about a pound lost in two weeks. im dissapoined though because i didnt work out for 4 days last week so i know i could have lost more. yesterday was my 7th workout comnpleted in the active and i burnd 367 calories!!
  • happyplace
    happyplace Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sorry I never posted Wednesday....I got really busy. Have only done 1 more workout on Active and burned only 200 calories...I think it was workout 5? Anyway, down another .5 pound is all but I'll take that. :smile: I will be keeping better track this week!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Glad to see you guys, happy and chica!!!!
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    I hope it's ok - but I'm switching from the 30-day workouts to the Custom Workouts. I've gotten really bored with the strength exercises and tend to just skip working out because of them. I just did a custom workout with my 11-yr-old daughter. It was a lot of fun. Just getting a feel for it and had added 11 cardio and sports activities which totaled 15 minutes of workout time and almost 100 calories. I'll make a longer workout for tomorrow. I hope this keeps me wanting to workout more frequently. :bigsmile:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Sure! If you want me to keep track of your workouts, just let me know the calories burned per workout and workout #.

That might be a good solution for Queen, too.
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    Thanks Annaliza and Emmie,

That sounds like a great idea. I will try the custom workouts and post my results. :happy:

That way I can stay in the challenge.
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 6 workout on medium and burnt 189 calories.....

Then i went on to do the 30 minute workout on hard and burnt a further 288 calories... it kicked my butt!

I bought myself some new workout gear today a new t-shirt and 3/4 length trousers in a size 18, i looked good.... until i'd jogged around the track a few times and my trousers fell down! I ended up having to hold them up for most of the workout :mad:

My waist is much smaller than my hips so i think i need to get a pair with a drawstring top. :laugh:
  • Jax67
    Options
    Ok, that's Day 7 on medium done and dusted.... 202 calories burnt :happy:

My butt cheeks are hurting today and my shoulders.... thats from the HARD level yesterday lol.... muscles i didn't know i had :huh:

Jax
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I got a Wii Active for Father's Day. That means I have:

Wii Fit (that I'm kinda burned out on because I've done it so much)
    Gold's Gym Cardio Bixing for the Wii
    Wii Active

I want to mix and match so that I don't get bored but keep getting good exercise times and efficiency. Any suggestions?
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    wii active 30 challenges usually mix up the routine a little. You still end up doing a ton of squats and lunges, but it tries to throw something new in everyday.

I don't have experience with the gold's gym, but since it seems to be heavy cardio, you could always do ea active 30 challenge, and on the "rest" days, throw in wii fit or gold's gym to mix it up. As a previous person mentioned, if you get bored with ea active's 30 day challenge, you can simply just pick a custom workout with whatever sports/exercises you want to keep it interesting.

funny, last week i hardly lost anything and i worked a ton. This week, so far, i have been skipping the wii ea active workouts because i've had too much to do. I have still mowed the lawn and swam, but no other workouts and i suddenly broke my plateau!! So i think I will take advantage of the "rest" days from now on. Maybe i was working too hard and not getting a chance to recuperate.

however, i wore my HRM all day while i mowed, did gardening, cleaned the yard, etc. I checked it regularly and tried to keep my heart rate up while i did yardwork. (pushing the mower manually, without auto, going at a faster pace picking up the yard, etc) and when i was done around 3pm, my HRM said i had burned a little over 3000 kcals!!!!! I couldn't believe it. But i guess if a 20-30 min workout burns 300-500 kcals for me, 5 hours of yard work could very well burn 3000. Crazy. I think I will be doing yardwork more often :)
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    OK: Help the mentally challenged...

kcal? thousandths of a calorie?

I usually shoot for a 500 calorie per day "credit" because my usual food intake runs about 2200 cals. That's my MAINTENANCE calorie amount, so if I burn 500 cal per day exercising then I'm meeting my goals...
  • Jax67
    Options
    Day 8 on HARD completed - phew!!
    303 calories burnt... think i'll stick with the hard level from now on :bigsmile:

Hope you are all doing ok

Jax
  • Jax67
    Options
    Morning...

How is everyone doing?
    I'm feeling lonely........
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    been sick the last couple of days, but still managed to get in my workout yesterday.

btw, when you refer to how many calories a food has, or how many calories you burn doing an exercise, you are actually referring to Kilocalories. 1000 actual calories eaten or burned. But because we almost never deal with calories in such a small amount, we (everybody) has taken to calling Kilocalories just plain "Calories".
  • queen3510
    Options
    Hi Wii Teamers!!

I've been out of commission since 6/15 due to knee problems. Anyways, I used the custom program for the first time and enjoyed the workout. Not sure if I have the workouts in the right order but will play around with them to get the best workout to burn more calories.

6/18 - workout #12 - modified challenge
    32.4 cal
    7:27 min

6/19 - 6/21 rest

6/22 - workout #13 - modified challenge + customized workout
    58.7 cal - challenge
    14:50 min

133.3 - customized
    33:13 min

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • queen3510
    Options
    Any suggestions on mixing up the customized programs that don't include lunges, squats or other knee impact exercises, that will burn a lot of calories? I have to ride the bike or water aerobics for my lower body workout. Thanks for all your help!!
  • emmie110
    Options
    Any suggestions on mixing up the customized programs that don't include lunges, squats or other knee impact exercises, that will burn a lot of calories? I have to ride the bike or water aerobics for my lower body workout. Thanks for all your help!!

When I make my custom workout, I just drag and drop the exercises from the Cardio and Sports tabs sometimes repeating exercises I really like. I just skip the tabs for uppper and lower body. Those lunges really bother my knee - not sure what's wrong with it. I choose the run/walk but I don't run - I walk really fast and I don't even use the leg band anymore. I keep the nunchuck in my left hand. My custom workout has run/walk, dance, boxing, inline skating w/ the wii board, tennis, basketball, baseball, kickups - i think that's all and I just repeat them and mix them up so I don't get bored.
  • emmie110
    Options
    I got a Wii Active for Father's Day. That means I have:

Wii Fit (that I'm kinda burned out on because I've done it so much)
    Gold's Gym Cardio Bixing for the Wii
    Wii Active

I want to mix and match so that I don't get bored but keep getting good exercise times and efficiency. Any suggestions?
    You can choose to use your wii fit board with wii active and if you do the custom workouts, the exercises that use the wii board are highlighted in green. I'm only doing the custom workouts now with just cardio and sports exercises.
  • queen3510
    Options

When I make my custom workout, I just drag and drop the exercises from the Cardio and Sports tabs sometimes repeating exercises I really like. I just skip the tabs for uppper and lower body. Those lunges really bother my knee - not sure what's wrong with it. I choose the run/walk but I don't run - I walk really fast and I don't even use the leg band anymore. I keep the nunchuck in my left hand. My custom workout has run/walk, dance, boxing, inline skating w/ the wii board, tennis, basketball, baseball, kickups - i think that's all and I just repeat them and mix them up so I don't get bored.

Thanks Emmie. I'll check out your suggestions this evening and will incorporate the run/walk and kickups but modify the way I do them. Great idea!
  • emmie110
    Options
    I worked out this morning - that's twice this week for me (which is twice is much as last week). I did a custom workout with 20 exercises from cardio and sports and I used my wii board. I worked out for 23 minutes - wii active said I burned 142 calories but my HRM said I burned 173 calories. It was a lot of fun. My favorites are dancing and boxing.