GUYS! Would you be intimidated if a girl had muscular arms?

Options

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    NOW HEAR THIS!! NOW HEAR THIS!! WOMAN WITH MUSCULAR ARMS ARE ABSOLUTELY HOT!!!!!

WORK THOSE ARMS AND IF A MAN IS INTIMIDATED THEN HE IS NOT A MAN

agreed. i want a girl that can lift with me and tell me my form sucks.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Love that muscular toned look on a womnan, very sexy!!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I've been working out with dumbbells for a few months now (started with 5lb, just now up to 17.5 lbs), and my hubby is impressed with the muscles!
    But he also loved me without muscles, overweight, hugely pregnant with swollen feet... ;-)
  • Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Does she have a great smile?

Muscles are cool, if not too extreme like some of the gals on steroids.

Slender is nice too, just not scrawny.

Even a little padding is OK as long as it's carried well.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    @ MzMiller--
    Whooooee! I like how your arms look, too!
  • Angel87a
    Angel87a Posts: 113
    Options
    I want muscular arms and hope to have a muscley guy to match them ;-)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    My hubby is helping me to make mine more defined and toned while he is working on yours. We are one hot couple :wink:
  • plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Most guys would love it.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Personally I find all different type of girls attractive for different reasons.

As for a girl having "guns". Don't think that would be a turn on or off for me. I find fit "tight" girls who are in control of their body and thus life very attractive. However, I would not be down to date a steroid pumping, bearded, East German female weight lifting champion. (No hate mail please this is supposed to be funny!)

In the end, workout in a fashion that make you feel good about yourself. And, work towards a level of fitness that makes you happy about who you are and you place in the world. Someone else can love you only once you can love yourself.
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with the hulk!! :D

222.jpg

Mmm.... She Hulk! Yum!
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Haha! Husband material right here!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Haha! Husband material right here!

Personally I'd prefer she'd help me fix it, not just tell me my forms sucks :P
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I'd like it
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I love a good GUN show!! My husband doesn't much like it when I point out that I have bigger muscles than him, but that's not difficult to do when he's not lifting anything but a pepsi can.
    Bring on the 30lb weights :)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I hope not!!! LOL
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i told my new trainer i want to be strong and have muscle definition without looking like a guy . so far i havent had any complaints from men other than when they watch me work out they tell me i can whoop their *kitten*
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I know you MIGHT be biased because we're on MFP but seriously.. would you date a girl that had some guns on her? My arms are getting bigger..I think I should lay off the 20 lb dumbells?

no. and i doubt anyone using 20lb dumbells would intimidate me. if you had one in each hand, thats only 40lbs, and the bare barebell is 45.

I would find it attractive if the girl is fit enough to do something fun... instead of the whole, "im tired" or "I cant do that" routine.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Does she have an adam's apple & stubble?

Lol

Okay, I can't necessarily give the perspective you're looking for but YOURE the one in your own skin, you should do what makes you feel good. I would argue that confidence is more attractive.

Well played.
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    Nope, I understand and appreciate the hard work that goes into building one's physique.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    As a girl who likes girls and dudes...

I think the same theory applies to both guys and girls: muscle definition - sexy... roided out freak - scary

There is a line, and for most women to cross it they need to take steroids because women don't have the amount of testosterone needed to produce huge vein-popping muscles.

I also believe that men who are intimidated by women don't deserve to have those women. Men should see a women's strength and support her and compliment her. But I don't say this in a sexist way, because its exactly the same the other way around: Women shouldn't feel intimidated by men.