Any ladies 5'6 trying to reach ~ 115lbs mark?

Options
Hi all, just joined up. Trying to get that smoking body I've always dreamed about. I'm 5'6 and currently 122lbs. Want to drop to 115lbs, be toned not ripped and do it 'healthily' (no starvation or silly eating plans). Wondered if there were any other ladies out there on the same road or with any tips for me? Would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has or is looking to do the same thing :)

Replies

• brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    im hoping to get there :) currently 146.9 :)
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    you're almost at your goal - i've been doing the 30 DAY Shred by Jillian michaels - i'm a lot bigger than you - but I've already lost about an inch and 10 lbs and I've only done the first 7 days -
    it's a great workout - I know lots of people that have reached those last 5-10 pounds using a system like that.

make sure you eat your cal's and drink your water.

you'll be there in no time!!!
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm a little taller than 5'6" and my goal is 120 lbs. I have thought about trying to get to 115 lbs but I think I'll be too thin, so I'm going to see what I look like at 120 and go from there.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had a trainer that told me I could get down to 115, but my set point is in the high 120s/low 130s. If it looks good on your frame and you feel healthy, go for it!

I'd advise you to focus on body composition more than the number on the scale. I know it's easy to quantify a goal in lbs, but don't let that be your only goal in case your body wants to stick at say, 118. Don't neglect your rest days, watch out for insulin spikes, manage your stress, and enjoy the process :-)
  • Bellarose29
    Bellarose29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i am waay bigger than you, am eating mostly high protein low carb, drinking tons of water, goal is to workout 4-5 days per week..i am 170:( trying to get my pre-baby body....

hope we all make our goals happen!!!!!
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My gw was 115. Now I'm 108, and trying to tone. I started at 135. Once you start making lifestyle changes the weight starts falling off! For me it was things like choosing wheat over white and non fat greek yogurt over a, "reduced fat" blueberry muffin for breakfast. That, "reduced fat" made me think it was a great breakfast choice for a couple of years.
  • hanhmpham
    hanhmpham Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i am! at 132
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! I'm 5'6" and right now I'm 168. I'm trying to get down to 150. 145 would be awesome. I would think 115 would be really low. Those charts put me around 136 as my ideal weight. I'm not trying to start anything here, lord knows theres already enough drama. But, can I ask...are you more petite? What size are you currently? I can wear a 10 in most things. I'm probably on the higher end of normal, as far as body size. I do have a lot of muscle.LOL...right now it's just well padded :-) I was thinking that 150 would be OK. Hmmmm......
  • LittleGrem
    LittleGrem Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've already heard/read a lot about the Jillian Michaels DVD's, unfortunately having done fitness DVD's in the past I know I do NOT have the motivation to do them, think it has to do with being at home. I find I have to actually be in the gym to have the motivation to do a really hard workout.
    Know it may seem that I'm already at a low weight but I am 'small boned' and still carrying obvious excess weight around my mid section, bum, hip area. Not lying when I say I've got flab! Desperate to see the results of all my ab work, I can feel it but its still hiding under that last little bit of fat! (will put a current photo up in the next couple of days)
    Been concentrating mainly on cardio, doing strength training about twice a week, abs and push ups on cardio days.
  • LittleGrem
    LittleGrem Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! I'm 5'6" and right now I'm 168. I'm trying to get down to 150. 145 would be awesome. I would think 115 would be really low. Those charts put me around 136 as my ideal weight. I'm not trying to start anything here, lord knows theres already enough drama. But, can I ask...are you more petite? What size are you currently? I can wear a 10 in most things. I'm probably on the higher end of normal, as far as body size. I do have a lot of muscle.LOL...right now it's just well padded :-) I was thinking that 150 would be OK. Hmmmm......

I am currently a UK size 8-10 (US size 4-6 i think) but as I said I am smaller set and I know I have weight to lose and some serious toning to do, will try to get my pics up so you can see what i mean (not sure how to post them though!) Guess it's all dependent on your natural body shape, bone structure.
  • DawnMac85
    DawnMac85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started at 159 lbs, am now 137...my goal is somewhere between 130-135 lbs. I'm aiming for more muscle and definition now. I have weighed in at 120 lbs before I had back surgery (lost the weight because I didn't want to eat and was in lots of pain) but that was way too thin for me.
  • kelly81082
    kelly81082 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be! I'm right under 140 now but I have a really small frame.
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm hoping to too! My starting stats are like the exact same, but I recently gained weight so now I'm more like 130lbs:sad:
  • ROCKERFOREVER81
    Options
    5'6 over here. I want to bring it down to 125.
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and I started out at 173 lbs! I discovered my fitness pal when I was 157 lbs. I am now down to 144 - 143 and am in size 4 and 6 in slacks and size 6 jeans. My goal is 135 lbs. I don't think I would want to get any lower than that; I am in a training program for a mini marathon in May so I run/lift weights and do tons of sit ups!
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've heard after 5 feet add 5 pounds per inch, so at 5'6" your ideal weight would be 130 lbs. I am 5'6" and the lowest I ever weighed was 124 and anything less I would have looked way too thin. Good luck :)
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow, I cant even imagine being 115 lbs. I'm 5'6...started out at 162ish and am currently around 135 ish. People at work are commenting how thin I am. I wear a size 5/6 pant. I would like to be between 130 and 133. As long as I'm living a healthy life, I will be happy!
  • BabyJae2012
    Options
    5'7" trying to get to 120, but will settle for 130. It's been a rough road at times,but it has been fun doing this with my 6'2" 175 lb hubby. He's a bean pole, but has been really supportive. Stick to your calories, and your water. It will start to dwindle before you know it!
  • hhorncastle
    hhorncastle Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I'm with you. I'm between 5'6" and 5'7" depending on who measures me. I started at 195, am now at 165 and my goal is around 145 or 150. At my yearly physical last week I asked my doctor if she thought that was reasonable and she said she wouldn't suggest much under 150 for me. I'm also in a size 10 right now. I'm quite sure I'd look sickly at 115 lbs, if my body would even get there.
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    For those of you that think she is wanting to be too skinny... alot of it depends on age and also lean body mass. If she has never been heavy it could be a perfectly healthy number. I am 35 and 5'4 and I weigh between 125 and 130... I can't get much below 125 without starving but I also have a fairly high lean body mass for my size. At my heaviest I was 179lbs My adopted sister 40 yrs old and has had 3 kids is 5foot 6 and a half and sticks between 115 and 119 and we both look great (yes I do hate her just a little) ;-)